SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Yes, I really think that it was a mistake to kill off Mathis. He was a wonderful character. That Italian actor did a fantastic job. Yes, bad mistake. He should be a recurring character like Felix.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Giancarlo is a great actor, and yes, a damn shame to have killed him off. I wonder if they were allotted more time with the entirety of QoS, might he not have been killed?
    I'd be fine with a return of Quantum, but recapitulating the tone and values of QOS would be a huge step backwards, IMO. Quantum in a SF context would be much better.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's not from Baz but filming will take place next year it's just a question of when. What does this guy, Hardcastle, define as "sooner"? And this is happening due to the play getting mixed reviews, yeah right!

Hmm. It can't be ruled out, but it's definitely speculative journalism to put it politely. It could take place next year, it could be because of mixed reviews. So many "could"s. What a stirrer!
    I just read it and there is no real definition of what "sooner" means so maybe?
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 6,601
    The earliest possible option to start is earkly January, which gives them almost a year.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Well it seems SkyMovies has something here, a bit of a scoop. Wouldn't you say?

http://skymovies.sky.com/ben-whishaw-will-play-q-in-skyfall

;) :)>-

Note the date of publish..
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    MrBond wrote:

Hehe, that's so bad it's funny.
  • MrBond wrote:

Hot off the presses everybody! You heard it here last first!
    MrBond wrote:

Guys, I just got some breaking news. Prepare for lots of heavy discussion and topics!

Daniel Craig will star in 'Bond 24.'

You're welcome.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Guys, I just got some breaking news. Prepare for lots of heavy discussion and topics!

Daniel Craig will star in 'Bond 24.'

You're welcome.

Ha, if you think that's insane, a friend of a friend of a friend of a cousin of a brother told someone who told a friend of their sister who then told their cousin twice removed who told their friend who told me that not only will Daniel Craig star in Bond 24, but he will be playing.... *wait for it* ... agent James Bond 007!!!

I know; crazy, right?! :O
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's not from Baz but filming will take place next year it's just a question of when. What does this guy, Hardcastle, define as "sooner"? And this is happening due to the play getting mixed reviews, yeah right!
    I hope so, because I don't want to wait another 3 years when age catches up on me.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

Ephraim Hardcastle isn't a real person. The name is a pseudonym used for the Mail's diary column and has been shared by several journalists over many years. The column is pretty well-known in the UK for its inaccuracy and the fact that it appears in the Daily Mail's Clarifications and Corrections column more regularly than any other feature. I wouldn't set any store by this at all - it's clearly just speculation (and, in fairness, doesn't pretend to be otherwise.)
    Sam's play is getting mixed reviews? the play he said he spent quite a bit of time on? oh boy, is this good or bad news for bond 24?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    mnhettia wrote:
    Sam's play is getting mixed reviews? the play he said he spent quite a bit of time on? oh boy, is this good or bad news for bond 24?

Here we go again... 8-|

But its been already successful visitor wise, which it where it counts. Like Superman, which got bad reviews, but is nevertheless highly sucessful. In any way, I am sure, even EON isn't going to wait much longer for a final decision.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    EoN really shouldn't be waiting at all in the first place, at least not this long for a potential director to get back to them with a decision. If EoN have a plan to have Bond 24 released in 2014 (for the sake of argument) then they should have a contingent director or still holding talks with other desirables and at best, already have someone locked in.

If they plan to release Bond 24 in 2015 then I guess EoN have more time on their side to lock someone in for the position.
    I just really thought we would stick with the 'one film every other year' schedule after the incredible success of SF.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I just really thought we would stick with the 'one film every other year' schedule after the incredible success of SF.

I think that was the intention. But, the best laid plans...

• edited June 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Btw, people seem to have forgotten what happened with Skyfall. As soon as EON announces officially that Sam Mendes (or whoever else) is the director, MGM has to pay him and everyone in the deal becomes legally tied to some extent.

When Sony/MGM reached their bankruptcy deal in the midst of QOS, I thought it was legally agreed that MGM would release a Bond film every 2 years from 2012 to keep up its revenue? I'd love to know what happened with that!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    When Sony/MGM reached their bankruptcy deal in the midst of QOS, I thought it was legally agreed that MGM would release a Bond film every 2 years from 2012 to keep up its revenue? I'd love to know what happened with that!

Wasn't that more of a hope from MGM's side? The Hobbit is being released annualy now so i suppose they got some sort of revenue from those films!
    Relax all. 2014 is not out of reach yet.
  • AgentJM7 wrote:

MGM were in dire straits at the time and really needed Bond to survive. They're now doing quite nicely and can afford to wait. Indeed, it's apparently Sony pushing for an earlier release. Not sure what you mean by a legal agreement to release every 2 years? MGM and Danjaq have had their distribution agreement since 1986 and renewed it in the late 90s

• edited June 2013 Posts: 6,601
    It just said in the announcement back then, that they would be trying to release them every two years. Still possible...
    Germanlady wrote:
    It just said in the announcement back then, that they would be trying to release them every two years. Still possible...

Yep, I wouldn't go ahead and say it's not possible, either. It is still possible, I just want them to get it out sooner rather than later while it's at the forefront of the general public's mind.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Yep, I wouldn't go ahead and say it's not possible, either. It is still possible, I just want them to get it out sooner rather than later while it's at the forefront of the general public's mind.

Considering people still went to see Skyfall in droves even after a four year wait, I think it's safe to say that Bond 24 will be just fine whether it is out in 2014 or 2015.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Considering people still went to see Skyfall in droves even after a four year wait, I think it's safe to say that Bond 24 will be just fine whether it is out in 2014 or 2015.

True, perhaps.

But a bit frustrating when you want to see the next installment of your favorite franchise of recent years.

For the next actor I hope they let the actor contractual be available for the making of a James Bond movie every 2 years.