SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

This is just plein stupid.
  • If you mean considering Radcliffe for a villain role like he's expressed interest in, I agree that it's a pretty bad idea on the surface. What's next, Justine Boober gets a cameo? Please, let's stop wasting time on the discussion of inappropriate hires.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I thought maybe he mistyped "vomit" ...

Ah well. I didn't know that Daniel R. had become annoying. I haven't seen interviews with him.

As for a much younger villain, I am okay with it if that character is strong. I just want a very memorable villain. One strong reason why Skyfall was successful; it had that.
  • I thought maybe he mistyped "vomit" ...

Ah well. I didn't know that Daniel R. had become annoying. I haven't seen interviews with him.

As for a much younger villain, I am okay with it if that character is strong. I just want a very memorable villain. One strong reason why Skyfall was successful; it had that.

=)) Yes and I think I will throw up in my mouth if this ever happens! Like the new Q, I believe he still has "spots". Just another actor trying to get some press by mentioning a hot property.
    Risico007 wrote:
    So Radcliffe is "rumored" to play the next Bond Villian according to Latino post.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/21891/20130620/james-bond-24-news-update-daniel-radcliffe-next-villain.htm

I certainly wouldn't want Raddy anywhere near Bond, but I do wonder if a boy wonder would make for a unique and effective Bond villain. Looking back, none of the Bond villains have been extremely young, and I daresay only Elektra was younger than Bond, and she inherited her villainy rather than earning it. What about some mad, boy genius in his early twenties as a villain? It's a thought, anyway.

That's a interesting idea, on the surface of it. I could see a kind of 'young Steve Jobs gone wrong' kind of villan. Problem is, Bond would, at the end, have to have a confrontation with him and Bond beating up a kid would never look good (no matter how appealing the image of Craig beating the crap out of Radcliffe may be).
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The likelihood is that Radcliffe did not say anything like what was reported, I think Radcliffe is a great example of a tremendously successful young actor who has not let the fame go to his head. He seems well balanced and always comes across as charming and intelligent when interviewed.

The fact some of you are even entertaining that he meant he wanted to be the next Bond villain is just utterly ridiculous some of you need to find something a bit more serious and worthy of anger than this bit of irrelevant tabloid tittle tattle.
    OK, @Shardlake, and others, it was stupid and I've removed the sentence in question. And you're right, probably a good idea to stay clear of stories clearly misconstrued and misrepresented by the media!
    Quarrel wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    So Radcliffe is "rumored" to play the next Bond Villian according to Latino post.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/21891/20130620/james-bond-24-news-update-daniel-radcliffe-next-villain.htm

I certainly wouldn't want Raddy anywhere near Bond, but I do wonder if a boy wonder would make for a unique and effective Bond villain. Looking back, none of the Bond villains have been extremely young, and I daresay only Elektra was younger than Bond, and she inherited her villainy rather than earning it. What about some mad, boy genius in his early twenties as a villain? It's a thought, anyway.

That's a interesting idea, on the surface of it. I could see a kind of 'young Steve Jobs gone wrong' kind of villan. Problem is, Bond would, at the end, have to have a confrontation with him and Bond beating up a kid would never look good (no matter how appealing the image of Craig beating the crap out of Radcliffe may be).

Eh, he could just blow him away, like he did with Elektra.

• Quarrel wrote:
    That's a interesting idea, on the surface of it. I could see a kind of 'young Steve Jobs gone wrong' kind of villan.

But one of the big movie out in 2014 will be very much like this, so the next Bond should try to avoid that if it comes after.
    I am sorry but Mendes needs to confirm soon or EON needs to grow balls and get a new director and ASAP I would like more then just Bond 24 out of Craig
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 6,601
    I predict the announcement within the first 10 days of July and them actually knowing much more. IMO, its clear for EON and Co, that Mendes is gonna do it and that just the last details have to be fixed. With this knowledge, they can treat this and go ahead as if he has signed. My two...so, they are at it, while we speak.
  • The Legendary / Warner Bros studio partnership has ended today (TDK trilogy, Hangover trilogy, Inception, Watchmen, Man Of Steel, the Titans movies, the 300 movies, etc). Legendary Pictures is reported to look for a partnership more likely with Universal than with Sony, but one never knows. Sony would have much more releases than expected if it happens.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Legendary / Warner Bros studio partnership has ended today (TDK trilogy, Hangover trilogy, Inception, Watchmen, Man Of Steel, the Titans movies, the 300 movies, etc). Legendary Pictures is reported to look for a partnership more likely with Universal than with Sony, but one never knows. Sony would have much more releases than expected if it happens.

Why the split?
    An update as to whether Mendes will be helming Bond 24. Interview with HeyUGuys:

“In answer to the question you’re going to ask, I don’t know yet. I’m in discussion over the ‘B’ word and I won’t make any decision until this is open. It’s taken a long time to get this open and this has been my focus”.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-premiere-interviews-sam-mendes-updates-on-bond-24/
    Sam Mendes talks about Bond 24 at the end in this interview:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23028965
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/sam-mendes-charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-bows-on-londons-west-end/

More comments.
    I get the vibe he doesn't really want to come back.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited June 2013 Posts: 11,139
    If and thats a big If because om not too convinced that he doesnt want to come back but, if he doesn't want to come back then he should stop wasting everyone's time, do what he wants to do so that EoN can get on with getting someone else, although, if EoN have suspended discussions with potential candidates because of Mendes then that's just bad form on their part. They're supposed to be running the show Nd they're letting Mendes call the shots?? Come on Babs and Mike, where are your spines!?
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 9,779
    I have to agree Mendes seems uninterested and frankly some of the other names rumored so far I like better then Sam Mendes.

I think it's hard to judge whether he wants to or not from one interview but I think if he isn't enthusiastic about returning then he should stop pissing about wasting everyone's time.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited June 2013 Posts: 108
    Mendes' attitude might be feigned... We don't know. Even if Mendes has already signed a contract to direct Bond 24, he wouldn't announce it at that interview. We must wait and see.
    Strelik wrote:
    Mendes' attitude might be feigned... We don't know. Even if Mendes has already signed a contract to direct Bond 24, he wouldn't announce it at that interview. We must wait and see.

This IMO...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    There is also no need to announce you're directing a film when you want all the focus to be on your play. Of course Mendes will return and I'm sure it'll be announced soon.

It's hyperbole and was decided as soon as he said, he was back in discussions.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Only the likes of us are going to think Mendes is dragging his knuckles with this one and being slow with his decision.

As someone has said he's not going to announce this when doing press for another project he's working on it's not his job to do this, EON will give it their own big fanfare when they are good and ready.

I know quite a few people thought the publicity for SF was very low key and not impressive but hell they got a billion dollar film out of it, publicity couldn't have been that bad could it?

Just because we are tenterhooks for the announcement don't think the rest of the world is.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Of course Mendes will return

I think it's likely but we shouldn't all start acting like it's a sure thing. That way we avoid disappointment if he doesn't do it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Of course Mendes will return

I think it's likely but we shouldn't all start acting like it's a sure thing. That way we avoid disappointment if he doesn't do it.

If he's not returning he shouldn't have re-entered discussions. I understand what you mean though and I'm positive of his return, even if it's 2015.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director

A good way to up your price during negotiations if they want you bad... ;)

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Just the fact Mendes ruled himself out of it all those weeks ago and now is back in discussions smacks to me that he will direct B24.
    He'll know the story and he'll have an idea of what he wants to do so it's just his fee and small details to be discussed.
    He's changed his mind about not wanting to return right away :) wooop
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mendes must still want to do it if he is re-entering these discussions. Hopefully the script for Bond 24 came from the idea he and Logan had formed months ago. That way he will be aware of where the film will be going and have ideas already in his head before filming is even close to starting. I hope he and Logan are QoS/Quantum organization fans. [-O<
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mendes must still want to do it if he is re-entering these discussions. Hopefully the script for Bond 24 came from the idea he and Logan had formed months ago. That way he will be aware of where the film will be going and have ideas already in his head before filming is even close to starting. I hope he and Logan are QoS/Quantum organization fans. [-O<

You and I both. I would love to see Quantum return, and bring back Zombie Mathis, because I love him so much.

Just kidding on that last bit. Shame he had to die.