SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Sandy wrote: »
    First of all, I tend to discredit everything that comes printed on the Daily Mail unless it's Baz's column. Baz said it himself there would not be any Bond news this week. Was he talking just about his column or in general? We don't know.

Assuming this is true, then I was the one pointing the Oberhausen possibility back when Waltz's cast was made public. Still, this doesn't mean the mission is going to be personal.

EDIT: I think less and less that Waltz got the role Ejiofor was running for.

With today's Daily Mail article - which does sound exciting - and the fact we know Bond 24 is going to continue themes from Skyfall, which dealt with Bond's past, it looks like the circumstances or mystery of his parents' death may be a central issue. I'm just speculating here, so I don't think this is a spoiler in anyway, but perhaps Mi6 know more about what really happened to Bond's parents than they have ever let on. It follows a thread going back to CR when Vesper tells Bond that Mi6 like to recruit orphans - and M says something similar in Skyfall. So perhaps Bond is going to uncover the truth about how and why Mi6 chose him for double O status. As I say, just speculating based on this latest news.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 13,351
    If this were from Baz, I'd believe it. As it's not, I'm unsure. Let's see what next month brings. Everything said in that article had already been mentioned on online forums, like this one anyway...
    i am less convinced however I would love it waltz played an ally of bond that is the son of Hans Oberhauser. Remember in 08 when Max Von Snydow say Maltau Armac was playing Blofield in Quantum of Solace ..... Yeah that never happened

As for the press conference the same week as my bday I am quite happy now if they can just title the film the Hildebrand rarity and bring back Quantum then it really will be a happy bday to me.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    i am less convinced however I would love it waltz played an ally of bond that is the son of Hans Oberhauser. Remember in 08 when Max Von Snydow say Maltau Armac was playing Blofield in Quantum of Solace ..... Yeah that never happened

As for the press conference the same week as my bday I am quite happy now if they can just title the film the Hildebrand rarity and bring back Quantum then it really will be a happy bday to me.

We decided on NOT using spoiler tags anymore :)

• I've been saying it for a while now that Blofeld would be in Bond 24, but after my initial excitement of Waltz joining the cast I can't help but feel the actor is a little too obvious a choice for the role. The more I think about it the more excited I am at the prospect of someone like Ejiofer playing the part. Oh well, Waltz is just a little too perfect for the role.

Also I think the Oberhauser reference is just some classic misdirection, Waltz is Blofeld, they were likely just planning on telling the press he was Oberhauser to take them off the scent ala 'Stat Trek Into Darkness' with the press being told the villain was Harrison when in actual fact he was Khan. Mendes is seemingly channeling Abrams.

Calling all creative types: Is there any chance of some fan manips of Waltz as Blofeld????

zero-theorem-christoph-waltz-.jpg
    cwdjango.jpg
    600full-christoph-waltz.jpg
    the_green_hornet30.jpg
    HASEROT wrote: »
    in terms of the latest Bond 24 / Waltz rumors...
    if it's true about Waltz's character Oberhauser really being Blofeld.... then so be it... I'm not going to spend the next year with a stick up my a** because i would prefer to see new villains... all i ask for at the end of the day is a good movie...

the only thing i do question a bit - is does every villain or plot have to involve some personal stake for Bond?.. granted, there has been personal touches for Bond in almost every film - but it's like they are relying a bit too heavily on the whole "this time it's personal" angle in recent films - it seems more in your face obvious than it used to be........ can't it be enough anymore that this evil person just wants to kill a bunch of people? - but now he's gotta be Bond's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate..
    Regarding Blofeld, if he is reintroduced in this way, then he is a completely new character, de facto. Passing as Hans Obenhauser, we can safely assume that he will not have the scar or the bald head, or at least not at the beginning, as this would be too much of a giveaway. This way of introducing him has echoes of FYEO and Kristatos, but Blofeld in the novels also used aliases and did work as a contractual/mercenary for the West as well as the East. So showing up as an ally first would be a relatively unexploited take on the character, at least in the movies.

I am of two minds about the personal angle as well. They may want to use it as a trigger to motivate Bond and Blofeld as mutual nemesis, as they do not have Tracy's death anymore, but the event happened long after the character was already introduced and was not really a trigger for their antagonism, it merely gave it a new layer. I would rather have this antagonism develop slowly from one movie to the other. It started impersonal, like just another mission, then it becomes personal. But let's see. If they want Blofeld as a nemesis, they probably want him to stand out from the other standalone villains and thus might want to make it personal quickly.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Germanlady wrote: »

Well I'm sure if people want to use them.
    Then it's fine to use spoiler tags if members so wish

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    First of all, I tend to discredit everything that comes printed on the Daily Mail unless it's Baz's column. Baz said it himself there would not be any Bond news this week. Was he talking just about his column or in general? We don't know.

Assuming this is true, then I was the one pointing the Oberhausen possibility back when Waltz's cast was made public. Still, this doesn't mean the mission is going to be personal.

With today's Daily Mail article - which does sound exciting - and the fact we know Bond 24 is going to continue themes from Skyfall, which dealt with Bond's past, it looks like the circumstances or mystery of his parents' death may be a central issue. I'm just speculating here, so I don't think this is a spoiler in anyway, but perhaps Mi6 know more about what really happened to Bond's parents than they have ever let on. It follows a thread going back to CR when Vesper tells Bond that Mi6 like to recruit orphans - and M says something similar in Skyfall. So perhaps Bond is going to uncover the truth about how and why Mi6 chose him for double O status. As I say, just speculating based on this latest news.

I certainly hope not.
    Benny wrote: »

Ice
    But you cant just have some use them and others not. That would be even more ....
    I thought, it was more or less decided on not, which makes the most sense.
    Because invall of this "being obeyant to the wishes of some", which is nice
    , it must be clear, that if those spoiler free people read the non spoilerish answers given to what is in the spoiler tags, they would need to be very stupid to not know, what is going on. So the whole effort is to no avail.

So again, we need a clear answer to this, even if it means a yes to the tags.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I certainly hope not.

Just joining the dots we (seem) to have. I can't help but think Bond 24 is going to dig deeper into Bond's character and past. But who knows????

• edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Double post

• doubleoego wrote: »
    I don't know how I feel about this.

I want to move away from personal vendettas. Just give me a story where Bond has to go on a mission and cock up the bad guy's sh*t.

I bloody well know how I feel about it. To me it looks like we're in for another angst fest combined with lots of navel gazing. This used to be such a fun franchise. Sad,sad,sad!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I don't know how I feel about this.

I want to move away from personal vendettas. Just give me a story where Bond has to go on a mission and cock up the bad guy's sh*t.

I bloody well know how I feel about it. To me it looks like we're in for another angst fest combined with lots of navel gazing. This used to be such a fun franchise. Sad,sad,sad!

This comes across as spoiled sounding personal wishes. You guys are exaggerating. With all the disappointment from your side, you guys never created a topic of any kind in which you outlayed your "perfect" Bond film. @Matt_Helm? Please elaborate a bit more. Stop sounding so negative this early stage.

For me the above sounds as big load of complaining, nitpicking....too early, too soon. And there's not even one elaborate post from your side on how you like to see Bond 24 then.

Let me do it then for you. I think for the return of Blofeld it is inevitable that there should be a personal touch, personal reasoning behind the man. And I really really don't understand what the problem with that is. One just can't introduce Blofeld in the same way as in YOLT no? Just a reveal, a pussy stroking man, touching some buttons to kill people, and that's it?? I find THAT boring. I find that an utterly ridiculous stereotype, that Austin Powers channeled very well. We, fans, basically admitted that Blofeld should not be re-introduced in THAT way. And now there's a big chance that won't be the case, and some of us are still "angry".

Now EON has the chance to re-introduce Blofeld in a completely new fashion. Then let's give the damn man some background history. Add gravita and complexity to the character. I want to know HOW and WHY Blofeld turned into a villain.

Regarding Bond? I agree. For Bond 24 this should not be the movie about him. CR and QOS were the movies about Bond, SF was the movie about complex relationships between M, Bond and Silva and finalize the "Bond trilogy", by re-introducing Q and Moneypenny. Now let Bond 24 be the vehicle dedicated to Blofeld. Some kind of "Blofeld's Origin" movie. And within that tale, Bond this time around is indeed the well developed spy that is merely doing the mission. He goes to the office with the leather panelled door. And he follows orders, not personal reasoning and instincts. And he ends up bedding the girl.

That's how I think Bond 24 will turn out. Everyone happy now?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
  • HASEROT wrote: »

I know I know @Haserot. But at times I'm really getting tired of all these negative one-liners. Or at least irritated...by those comments that only critisize, without any elaborate argumentation. I sometimes think many forummembers in here really need to have a more positive attitude towards the franchise....and towards themselves. And if you can't feel positive about the direction we're heading to, then come up with solutions, not cranky shit.

I mean, I created a topic with the title "What should we do to make Bond 24 the best Bond movie, by tackling the flaws that Skyfall had". Then post in there! There are rankings in there and more shit :-).
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    fans wouldn't be fans unless they had something to complain about (a lesson i learned long ago)...... i think sometimes people get too wrapped up in their own opinions and ideas that they end up placing unrealistic expectations upon a film... 99% of the time when that happens, all you do is set yourself up for disappointment.
  • Germanlady wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »

Ice
    But you cant just have some use them and others not. That would be even more ....
    I thought, it was more or less decided on not, which makes the most sense.
    Because invall of this "being obeyant to the wishes of some", which is nice
    , it must be clear, that if those spoiler free people read the non spoilerish answers given to what is in the spoiler tags, they would need to be very stupid to not know, what is going on. So the whole effort is to no avail.

So again, we need a clear answer to this, even if it means a yes to the tags.

Two people said yes to no spoiler tags... I doubt everyone agrees with those two...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Isn't the man in question supposed to be a master of disguises & deception....

If so, this could be one of his finest.

PS: Based on the recent rumours, I'm less convinced now that there will be another major cast reveal as villain at the press conference. It's more likely that Seydoux/Bautista will be the villains with Waltz on the sidelines with a future reveal at the end..

I'm more convinced now that we have our major cast announced, and that the British lead (if there is one) may be a relative debutante (a'la Marlohe, Pike or Arterton). I'm ok with that, as long she lives up to those 3.......& god help us if it is in fact MP, as has been speculated on here.
    It still makes no sense, as I tried to explain.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm more convinced now that we have our major cast announced, and that the British lead (if there is one) may be a relative debutante...god help us if it is in fact MP, as has been speculated on here.

i would be a little miffed by that as well... as it makes her whole transformation from field agent to secretary at the end of SF redundant... she admits that field work isn't for her, only to go right back out in the field in next film?..... what utter horse hockey..
    If Blofeld is in the story, it will be to a degree personal. The guy is Bond's nemesis. Whether people here thinks it is a good idea to reintroduce him or not, the fact is that nemesis makes it personal.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    If Blofeld is in the story, it will be to a degree personal. The guy is Bond's nemesis. Whether people here thinks it is a good idea to reintroduce him or not, the fact is that nemesis makes it personal.

I agree 100%. If he is to be introduced, we have a personal angle.

I just wish they would have given it a rest for a while before going down the personal route. I guess they want an Oscar nom so they have to have actors crying, or emoting, or making funny constipated faces to encourage the Academy to consider them.......as I said, I have faith in Mendes, but would rather have a normal Bond adventure without the personal stuff for a while.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    HASEROT wrote: »
    I'm more convinced now that we have our major cast announced, and that the British lead (if there is one) may be a relative debutante...god help us if it is in fact MP, as has been speculated on here.

i would be a little miffed by that as well... as it makes her whole transformation from field agent to secretary at the end of SF redundant... she admits that field work isn't for her, only to go right back out in the field in next film?..... what utter horse hockey..

I understand and agree but I really don't think that is the case.

I still suspect a traditional and henchman and a femme fatal as the rumors suggest.

Unsure on the Blofeld angle unless result if rewrite. The legal battle ended well into the script.

Happy if Blofeld though but seems rumors run rampant.

Waiting for press conference...

• bondjames wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

I agree 100%. If he is to be introduced, we have a personal angle.

I just wish they would have given it a rest for a while before going down the personal route. I guess they want an Oscar nom so they have to have actors crying, or emoting, or making funny constipated faces to encourage the Academy to consider them.......as I said, I have faith in Mendes, but would rather have a normal Bond adventure without the personal stuff for a while.

You know @bondjames? I disagree with you. But the difference between you and other forummembers, is that you always stay a gentleman in your posts. No sign of whining, sounding negative or moaning from your side. You use nice vocabulary and you always sound empathic. I respect that :-).

My disagreement with you? It's simple really. I think Bond 24 is the perfect moment to re-introduce Blofeld. But that's all really :-).
    I don't see how an article based upon rumor that Waltz's character could be Blofeld is in any way a spoiler, especially with the thread: "Bond 24: So who should play Ernst?" floating around and MI6 posting details of the article on the front page. Its news. Its a rumor. Its not a spoiler. But, I guess I'll eventually just title the thread "Production Timeline" and leave out ANY detail, as there seems to always be one person..
    IMO I still don't think Blofeld will be in Bond 24
  • Hey, for those who will throw up, imagine if Logan had used the Star Trek Nemesis approach instead of the Gladiator one : we would have had a clone of Bond :)

Someone should really create a fun betting site where one could bet virtual money on any rumors to be true or false. Would "the Internet" be really that good in guessing the right ones ?
    Where is your "joie de vivre"? When are you posting in some polls? What the heck ARE your favourite Bond films actually.... :-).

Funny question from a guy who seems to be preaching in the church of dour and joyless exclusively.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    No sign of whining, sounding negative or moaning from your side. You use nice vocabulary and you always sound empathic. I respect that :-).

Thank you @Gustav_Graves.

I respect your opinion as well, and that of all forum members.

I will however start whining, and perhaps crying even, if MP is given a bigger field role in B24, or if she is the lead Bond girl. I may in fact have to leave the forum in shame..... So let's hope not.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 267
    I wouldn't be surprised if the main Bond girl wasn't even cast yet. Back when Casino Royale was in production, they began filming way before Eva Green was cast in the role of 'Vesper Lynd'.

If the rumours we've been hearing are true, i still wouldn't be surprised if at the press conference it was just Sam, Michael, Barbara, Daniel, Lea, Dave, Christoph, Fiennes and maybe Harris.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No sign of whining, sounding negative or moaning from your side. You use nice vocabulary and you always sound empathic. I respect that :-).

Thank you @Gustav_Graves.

I respect your opinion as well, and that of all forum members.

I will however start whining, and perhaps crying even, if MP is given a bigger field role in B24, or if she is the lead Bond girl. I may in fact have to leave the forum in shame..... So let's hope not.
    Though I wouldn't mind if she had involvement in some action scenes in Bond 24, I don't think she'll have a larger role than she did in Skyfall. And I kind of like the way they re-introduced her character.