SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

bondsum wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The fact we're getting a Bond 24 is a celebration in itself.

Yes I know. But in 2007 and 2011 the wait was slightly less exhausting really. What the hell are those guys at EON up to. Producing a film that's even better than CR and SF :-P :-P?

How do you know it's going to be better than CR and SF? Have you already made your mind up, written the review, awarded your 5 stars to a movie that's not even in production yet? I know you're a big Nolan fan also... have you already decided that Interstellar is the best movie of 2014?

For God sake, I am asking a QUESTION. How the hell do I know if Bond 24 will be better than CR and SF? I'm just being sarcastic, about the lack of "Bondleaks" on the Web. I always hope that the next one is better than the previous one. If you can't stand my excitement for movies, than take a fu#@#?ing (censored myself dear moderator!:@) hike and go to another topic where I'm not present. Sjee man......are there more people who criticise happiness and excitement about movies :@???

Oh sorry, didn't realise you were posing a question. My mistake. But if you ever tell me to take a CENSORED again I will make it my job to find you and make you eat those words while spitting out your teeth. Got it, Weirdo?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The fact we're getting a Bond 24 is a celebration in itself.

Yes I know. But in 2007 and 2011 the wait was slightly less exhausting really. What the hell are those guys at EON up to. Producing a film that's even better than CR and SF :-P :-P?

How do you know it's going to be better than CR and SF? Have you already made your mind up, written the review, awarded your 5 stars to a movie that's not even in production yet? I know you're a big Nolan fan also... have you already decided that Interstellar is the best movie of 2014?

For God sake, I am asking a QUESTION. How the hell do I know if Bond 24 will be better than CR and SF? I'm just being sarcastic, about the lack of "Bondleaks" on the Web. I always hope that the next one is better than the previous one. If you can't stand my excitement for movies, than take a fu#@#?ing (censored myself dear moderator!:@) hike and go to another topic where I'm not present. Sjee man......are there more people who criticise happiness and excitement about movies :@???

Oh sorry, didn't realise you were posing a question. My mistake. But if you ever tell me to take a CENSORED again I will make it my job to find you and make you eat those words while spitting out your teeth. Got it, Weirdo?

OK guys, if this goes one step further it will be dealt with by the mods, not by you.
    Self censor your own posts all you like, but they will still be taken as they were intended.

So, step away now or face the consequences.
    I think we need some official news, otherwise people on this forum are going to start killing each other.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    What prompted all this?

Well, if you won't bother going back a couple of pages, you will never find out.

I had already.

I still think the evidence for him being cast thin so far. Although I'd love if it was true.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Some people here urgently need to grow up!

Back on topic, Idris Elba is a fantastic choice in my opinion. I hope it turns out to be true.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, the name calling and negative cutting remarks are ridiculous now. Just stop it people. You know who you are. At least I hope you do.

Yes, it would be lovely to get real news. Discussing Idris as a possible villain is interesting enough without people jumping on each other's throats.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Agreed... I'm not innocent here but agreed. Getting too mean spirited.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I could see Idris as a more evil/psychopath/immoral version of Bond, more of his equal: equally handsome, equally suave and womanizing, muscular, etc.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Ok, we have talked a lot about the main villain but I am sure we all agree that the only thing that really matters is that they cast the magnificent EMILY BLUNT to play the main Bond girl. :bz

I swear on me mum if they don't pick Emily Blunt... she fits the descriptions we've heard perfectly.
    OK, the name calling and negative cutting remarks are ridiculous now. Just stop it people. You know who you are. At least I hope you do.

Yes, it would be lovely to get real news. Discussing Idris as a possible villain is interesting enough without people jumping on each other's throats.

Don't worry. I'm okay :-)
  • RC7RC7
    I could see Idris as a more evil/psychopath/immoral version of Bond, more of his equal: equally handsome, equally suave and womanizing, muscular, etc.

Definitely. I think it's an interesting dynamic.

but the Bond villain should not be an equal: he should be superior to Bond. More intelligent, with more resources at hand, more disciplined, etc.

I do hope they do like they did with Bardem and make Elba ugly, if they cast him.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Back to the Bond-girl. I've just reviewed "A Most Wanted Man" in this topic: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10141/a-most-wanted-man-2014-philip-seymour-hoffman-s-last-contribution-to-espionage .

Now I must say that I was also thoroughly surprised by Robin Wright's performance. Not only in this film she is quite enigmatic, both looks and style of acting, but also in the TV-series "House Of Cards". She also did marvelous work in "The Conspirator" and "The Congress".
    a_most_wanted_man_43008748_st_4_s-high.jpg
    Together with actresses like Helen Mirren and Tilda Swinton, I really think it's an interesting idea to cast her for an enigmatic, older Bond-girl. Perhaps even a villainous Bond-girl.
    Ludovico wrote: »

but the Bond villain should not be an equal: he should be superior to Bond. More intelligent, with more resources at hand, more disciplined, etc.

I do hope they do like they did with Bardem and make Elba ugly, if they cast him.

Same for me. I think that was a mistake in the 1980's and 1990's Bond films. He always had to be some kind of "more villainous equal" to Bond. For me that's not enough. A good villain needs to overshine Bond during key moments. Scenes were Bond is suddenly gets relegated to a supporting actor. A moment were the villain can really shine.

I had that feeling with Dr. No at the dinner table with Bond. Joseph Wiseman basically sucked me into the screen with his intellectual oration about the East and the West, about himself being an "unwanted child". Or what about Goldfinger with his famous lines "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!".

And that same kind of gravita given to a villain was during Silva's entrance in "Skyfall". By jolly did I love his performance and his tale about rats....combined with his gay-ish smirks. That's what a villain should be....well, at least in my books :-).
    Oh yes, the villain should dominate Bond at some key moments. No one wants Bond to embark on a mission when the odds are even. They have to be against him.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 5,745
    Daniel used a local gym to train while he was staying with his wife in New Zealand.

He visited 4 times as his wife was filming, and was given a member card should he ever return. He is member # 007 and according to the card he has a "license to train" at the gym. The article finished by saying he flew back to London to start work on Bond 24.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/321708/licence-train-bond-star-works-out-city-gym
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Daniel used a local gym to train while he was staying with his wife in New Zealand.

He visited 4 times as his wife was filming, and was given a member card should he ever return. He is member # 007 and according to the card he has a "license to train" at the gym. The article finished by saying he flew back to London to start work on Bond 24.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/321708/licence-train-bond-star-works-out-city-gym

This sells it for me. No more discussion about who needs to take the helm once Craig resigns as 007 :-). I want him to play James Bond for at least 2 more times after "Bond 24".....well into 2021. Because with such appreciation of the gym, I'm not worried at all about Craig "ageing too much".....
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited October 2014 Posts: 4,313
    [url][/url]More news: apparently another Hotel, Wellnesshotel Tuffbad in Sankt Lorenzen, has been booked as crew quarters. Staff has been asked to freshen up on their English. Sankt Lorenzen is just a few miles from Obertilliach.

AlmwellnessWinterWieseralm08-4.jpg
    Winter.jpg
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Sjeeeeee, wonderful news :-). There are a lot of hotels being booked there. This is the 4th confirmed hotel booked for the film (whether it's cast or crew).

I'm gonna watch this 24th Bond film under the Christmas Tree for sure.....nicely wrapped up in duvets and sheets and bearskins :-P. Because it'll be coldddd in Bond 24 hehe.

An update of the location sheet, as of 30.10.2014:

So as of 23.10.2014 we can now make this update (I'd welcome any help :-)):

United Kingdom (shooting days: not known):
    --> Buckinghamshire, Pinewood Studios [location can be confirmed]
    --> London [location can be confirmed]

Italy (shooting days: not known):
    --> Rome, Via Quattro Fontane & Colosseum [location can almost be confirmed]
    --> Caserta, il Palazzo Reale di Caserta [location can almost be confirmed]

Morocco (shooting days: 15 days, for both Casablanca & Tanger):
    --> Casablanca [location can almost be confirmed]
    --> Tanger [location can be confirmed]
    --> Marrakech, Atlas Mountains [location can be confirmed]

Austria (shooting days: Obertilliach, 25 days, of which between 3 and 7 days inside village):
    --> Altaussee (Lake Altaus), Jagdhaus Seewiese, log cabin villa [location can be confirmed, kicks off shooting in Austria, January 6th 2015]
    --> Obertilliach, East-Tirol, large wooden alpine house [location can be confirmed, +25 min. screentime in film]
    --> Sölden, West-Tirol, Rettenbachferner Glacier [location has been scouted]
    --> Lesachtal, Carinthia [confirmed for long stay for cast and/or crew]
    --> Sankt Lorenzen, Lesachtal, Wellnesshotel Tuffbad [confirmed for a stay for cast and/or crew]
    --> Lienz, Grand Hotel Lienz [confirmed for a stay for cast and/or crew]
    --> Lavant, Dolomiten Golf Hotel [confirmed for a stay for cast and/or crew]
    --> Dachstein, Dachstein Glacier, Styria [location cancelled completely by EON]
  • RC7RC7

I can't speak for @dominicgreene and whether he's including intellect etc in that statement, but having an aesthetic or general facade that equals or even betters Bond is something I find interesting. The way he moves, the way he converses, his presence - this is something I don't really think they've ever tried properly and definitely haven't executed. I guess you could say Jourdan was a visual match for Moore, but Orlov was graced with the menace. A villain combining both those attributes (like you say the villain should be one step ahead intellectually and practically - that's a given) interests me. I'm not sold that the main villain has to be ugly or possess a deformity, not front and centre anyhow. Perhaps hidden and only revealed at a latter juncture in the film. I think Elba can deliver that sense of dread and menace, despite his unquestionable attractiveness. Making him visually unappealing seems, dare I say it, trite? They did it in SF and did it well.
    I don't think it is trite at all: Fleming used that trope for every single villain. Even the handsome ones like Largo or say Grant have something monstrous and if not repulsive then threatening in their appearance. In other words, he can be handsome and somewhat grotesque.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't think it is trite at all: Fleming used that trope for every single villain. Even the handsome ones like Largo or say Grant have something monstrous and if not repulsive then threatening in their appearance. In other words, he can be handsome and somewhat grotesque.

Are you against a villain who is (superficially) as attractive or more so than Bond?
    Not necessarily, but I generally find it a bit cliche and I'd rather stay close to Fleming. I find it interesting that they took a good looking actor and reconstructed his face in SF. Of course I wouldn't want a carbon copy of this in Bond 24, but a similar approach.
    Austria (shooting days: Obertilliach, 45 days, of which between 3 and 7 days inside village):

Again, 25 days. Not 45.
    Austria (shooting days: Obertilliach, 45 days, of which between 3 and 7 days inside village):

Again, 25 days. Not 45.

Sorry man. I changed it.
  • More Idris Elba news.

Bastille Day is currently filming in Paris. I mean, right now. Right 10 minutes from where I'm typing.

Here they are...

261607bastil1.jpg

..someone is practising his/her lines for a few French word perhaps ?

388508bastil2.jpg

And well...

Well, no. Here, if you can't quote some website, no one believes you :)
  • It's time we got this thread back on track:

Here are some interesting facts and some informed predictions:

- Daniel Craig is in London now, Bond 24 is deep into pre-production now and he is likely stunt training.

- Sam Mendes begun filming SF during the first week of November but prior to filming commencing he made sure the budget and schedule permitted him 2 weeks of rehearsals. This is something he does on all his films and likely will do on Bond 24, this means that we are 2 weeks away from the start of rehearsals. So news should break sometime before then.
    http://whatculture.com/film/john-logan-hints-that-blofeld-is-bond-23-villain.php
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2054492/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-For-eyes--Sam-Mendes-shakes-Bond-cast-secret.html

- Baz Bamigboye releases new articles on Thursday nights around 11pm-ish. Considering how dangerously close we are to filming and the lack of news thus far, I predict that we will get some some news tonight from Baz. Stay tuned.
    - Baz Bamigboye releases new articles on Thursday nights around 11pm-ish. Considering how dangerously close we are to filming and the lack of news thus far, I predict that we will get some some news tonight from Baz. Stay tuned.

Who told you that :-)? Yes, probably this Baz Bamigboye (great name for a Bond villain) has a publication/posting date for every Thursday. But you can't know that part of his new article will include Bond news.
    Old news about Blofeld for Bond 23.