Licence to Gift-wrap- What Christmas Gifts Have You Gotten This Year?

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited December 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
This thread speaks for itself. I thought it would be nice to have a space for everyone to post about the gifts they have un-wrappped so far this Christmas season. My uncles came to visit just these couple of days and we all un-wrapped our gifts to each other. I was filled with joy when one of the two gifts I got was the Humphrey Bogart: The Essential Collection with about every amazing film that comes to your mind when you think of Bogie:
bogart_essential_layout.jpg
Maltese Falcon is there, as is the masterpiece Casablanca, his 4 films with his lovely soul mate Lauren Bacall, and so much more that I haven't even gotten to see yet in his filmography. And with Bogie being born on Christmas day, what better way to celebrate my favorite actor of the Golden Age of Hollywood than with a huge marathon leading up to the day? 24 films and a Warner Bros. documentary are included, a hell of a gift for any Bogie fan or classic films fanatic. The second gift was a book filled with Marilyn Monroe photos, with goodies from her films and life off the big screen. I can't wait to open it and start looking at it all. I recently read a beautiful documentary about her this half of the year as well, and discovered all over again just why I fell in love with the woman in the first place. Such natural beauty and grace.

So, now that I have shared my gifts and excitement, it is your turn. If any members here receive any gifts up to, on and after Christmas depending on your traditions and beliefs, and wish to post what you got here, please do. We can all share in the wonderful season of giving and wish each other the merriest Christmas of all.
2612869kic0ql1yhw.gif

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    So far just the Bond 50th Bluray set with Bluray player. :)
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Got the Skyfall Corgi and the Bond On Set book coming. The Bulldog is gonna wait til they come back on sale for 70- on the Doulton site. Up to 400+ on eBay.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I have asked for The James Bond Archives.

Fingers crossed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mallory wrote:
    I have asked for The James Bond Archives.

Fingers crossed.

That's a good suggestion too. If anyone has things that they are hoping to get (if they haven't received anything yet), feel free to post about that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    My parents upgraded my phone for me and got me an iPhone 4S.

My grandparents gave me $25 to take my lady out to the movies.

My girlfriend gave me two early gifts thus far: 'Austin Powers' trilogy on blu-ray, and 'Harper's Island' miniseries on DVD. I pretty much know all the others, but they all sound good.
    I'm hoping I get the t-shirts I ordered from that sketchy site :-SS
  • Murdock wrote:

Same here, although that was a present from myself to myself. :D
    You know, in the spirit of gift giving - I've bought gifts for friends, my girlfriend, and parents - I don't think I've really splurged and bought myself a good gift yet. I've been eyeballing 'Band of Brothers' on blu-ray lately, but I fear I won't watch it all that often. I need to find something, and soon.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I bought myself Victor Hugo's Lés Miserables, because I wanted to read it before the film comes out. But considering that the film is out soon on Christmas day and the novel is about 1,500 pages, that won't be happening. :((
    jackdagger wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Same here, although that was a present from myself to myself. :D

As was mine. :))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2012 Posts: 4,443
    For that other Dutch celebration i get some 3 comicbooks, Chocolate letter , Sjaal (Scarf ), Aftershafe and litle box with 9 figures of Kuifje (Tin Tin) from the story of the movie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCNkqk7aM69dNwYcNJuRpeosll7NJyA7wDNc-5F0IbhruKObsDimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNBU1yq0Ctd7YMSBuTHButXcFUVEVcRCAyXGtz4taqP2pCR32JRwimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU02kaNwmET6_ztN60p6UwWO7kkYlgpuH72l3gr7jBqJXWcqW5

Sinterklaas or Santa Claus gifts should not to be expensive.
    Whilst i think about it? Can i just take this opportunity to wish all my fellow MI6 members a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! <:-P
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Whilst i think about it? Can i just take this opportunity to wish all my fellow MI6 members a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! <:-P

That you can! A very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, as well!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

That you can! A very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, as well!

Seconded. :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    RogueAgent wrote:

Bl**dy hell you can!
    there!

sorry peeps, I'll be all happy again in the new your ;)
    Anyway, merry ....... Christmas!
    My girlfriend is going to her sister's for Christmas with her family, so we went ahead and exchanged our gifts today...what a woman.

She got me 'Far Cry 3' on the Xbox 360, 'Terminator 2' on blu-ray, an invisible protective layer for my iPhone 4, and steelbook blu-ray editions of 'The Dark Knight Rises,' 'The Matrix,' and 'Total Recall.'
  • @Creasy47 I'd say you're a good boyfriend. ;)
    @Creasy47 I'd say you're a good boyfriend. ;)

Thank you ;)
    It snowed for the first time down here today. :)
    Murdock wrote:
    It snowed for the first time down here today. :)

Same up here in northern PA, at least in recent times. Should be a white Christmas!!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm trying to get back into reading- and have given family members some suggestions, including:

- Carte Blanche
    - Bond on Set
    - QoS Complete Short Stories

Cannot wait! Merry Christmas, all!
  • So far I've had a nice bottle of 20 year old Bladnoch, the new Sky Sports football yearbook and Far Cry 3.
  • Only some candy and a couple of bottles of wine so far. The real event for me will be in a couple of days. I know I'm getting a couple of Bond video games for starters. For me though its about my little boy. This is going to be his 2nd Xmas and I can't wait to see his little face light up when he opens his presents!
    Only some candy and a couple of bottles of wine so far. The real event for me will be in a couple of days. I know I'm getting a couple of Bond video games for starters. For me though its about my little boy. This is going to be his 2nd Xmas and I can't wait to see his little face light up when he opens his presents!

That's great to hear, and congratulations! The curiosity and wonder for Santa Claus that we hold as kids is a wonderful thing. Imagination is still one of the strongest powers our minds possesses, and kids should never stop dreaming, no matter how big. I hope you and your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas, @myworldisenough. :)
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 612
    Since a lot of the people on MI6 are Men, I recommend checking out frankandoak.com

They do some pretty awesome men's wear (and men's only). I got some for myself, my brother, and my dad. It's a pretty rugged, yet classy look. Give it a look.
  • Only some candy and a couple of bottles of wine so far. The real event for me will be in a couple of days. I know I'm getting a couple of Bond video games for starters. For me though its about my little boy. This is going to be his 2nd Xmas and I can't wait to see his little face light up when he opens his presents!

That's great to hear, and congratulations! The curiosity and wonder for Santa Claus that we hold as kids is a wonderful thing. Imagination is still one of the strongest powers our minds possesses, and kids should never stop dreaming, no matter how big. I hope you and your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas, @myworldisenough. :)

Many thanks @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 for your kind words. Imagination is one of the greatest gifts and for kids it is magical especially at this time of year. This is my favourite time of year where we can all imagine and lose ourselves in all the magic and festive fun.

I hope you and all your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Hopefully The James Bond Archives and The James Bond Omnibus Volume 4, that should be a great start. Two days to go!
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Creasy47 wrote:
    My girlfriend is going to her sister's for Christmas with her family, so we went ahead and exchanged our gifts today...what a woman.

She got me 'Far Cry 3' on the Xbox 360, 'Terminator 2' on blu-ray, an invisible protective layer for my iPhone 4, and steelbook blu-ray editions of 'The Dark Knight Rises,' 'The Matrix,' and 'Total Recall.'

Crease, you're doing something right with your lady for sure. Very nice.

The only things I know I am getting is a few CD's (2 from Sister Sin, great female fronted Swedish band that plays old school metal like I like it) and a satellite radio. Got my boy a X-Box and my girl a new phone, between that, clothes, and books my holiday budget is used up :(

My best holiday gift unfortunately (Skyfall DVD) doesn't come until February I hear. I have all the Fleming books, movie posters, hard to get me anything short of memorabilia that I don't already have :)

@SirHenryLeeChaChing, I wish a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to a fellow high-ranking member of the Connery Brotherhood. :)>-
  • @SirHenryLeeChaChing, I wish a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to a fellow high-ranking member of the Connery Brotherhood. :)>-

You forgot charter member ;)

Thanks Brady, same to you. It's a German thing passed down through my otherwise thoroughly Americanized family (Mom's maternal side, we can trace ancestry back to 1699 in Germany and first arrivals in America around 1732), we start celebrating Weihnachten (the holy nights) dusk on 12/20 all the way through New Year's Day. The nights of 12/20 and 12/31 as well as all day 12/21 have special significance and it's not all about 12/24 and 12/25 in my home, although 12/25 is always nice :)