The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I just don't appreciate the quotes that are so broad, the only way you'd know the answer is by cheating or constantly guessing.

"Hello." --> What movie is this from?

It should test your knowledge while being entertaining at the same time.
  • I'd assume after 5 months and no responses, the current question can be abandoned. Anybody want to start up a new round?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Not without the answer of what is only in For Your Eyes Only and Skyfall first!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Jarrod wrote:
    Thanks! Ok, here's one. What episode of TV show The Persuaders has 7 Bond actors in it, and who are the actors?

The episode 'The Long Goodbye'

1.Roger Moore - Bond '73 -'85
    2.Laurence Naismith -DAF
    3.Madeline Smith -LALD
    4.Anouska Hempel -OHMSS
    5.Valerie Leon -TSWLM (CR'67 & NSNA)
    6.Deborah Moore -DAD
    7.Geoffrey Cheshire -OHMSS

• Well, Benny handled that one. Can we get a hint on For Your Eyes Only and Skyfall?
    Jarrod wrote:
    Grave site for Bond's loved ones. Tracy in FYEO and his parents in SF?

It's already been answered by @Jarrod
  • So then I guess you can ask a new question?
    I'll wait for @Jarrod to confirm the answer.
    If he hasn't posted shortly, then we can move on.
    Sorry, I forgot to check this thread. Yes Benny, you are correct!
    If Benny doesn't post a question, I have one that would be interesting.

As you know, Bond is often associated with the quote "The things I do for England". As you also know, this sentence didn't originate with Bond, but with an earlier movie. A movie with a strange, some would even say prescient, connection to James Bond. Name the movie, and the connection.

Two clues : the word "prescient" is very important. And as it is with William Shakespeare and "Les Misérables", so it is with that movie and James Bond.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 5,812
    What, no answers ? I would have thought that was easy. Here's another clue :

"Divorced, Beheaded, Died, Divorced, Beheaded, Survived".

Granted, it takes some knowledge of English history, but still...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    The six wives of Henry the Eighth.
    Not one of the Frankenstein films starring Jane Seymour is it?
    MrCoggins, you're close. But you're referring to a TV mini-series here. The question is about a movie.

Nope, Willy, sorry.
    Psychic powers got anything to do with it Gerard ?
    Well, yes, but not in the movie itself. In Bond, however...
    Well the quote the things I do for England is from YOLT however that not it so I'm thinking it must have something to do with Solitaire which leads us to LALD. Right so far ?
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 5,812
    Indeed. Right so far. Now, the movie I'm looking for is pre-World War II. I told you earlier, you're very, very close.
    The Private Life of Henry The VIII.?
    Exactly ! The connection to Bond being that the third wife of Henry was named Jane Seymour. Yes, just like the actress who played Solitaire.

The reason I mentioned Shakespeare and Les Miz is that Shakespeare's wife was named Anne Hathaway. Funny tying, isn't it ? BTW, the whole movie is available on youTube. British filmmaking at its very best.

And for fun :

By rights @Benny should have a go.
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    By rights @Benny should have a go.

That's alright @Mrcoggins. Going to be away from the site shortly so best if you chaps carry on. Thanks for the offer though.
    ;)
  • If nobody else wants to take over, I'll try one. What reference to the novels is made in Special Edition booklet for Tommorow Never Dies?

The TND special edition cover is here: http://www.amazon.com/Tomorrow-Never-Dies-Special-Edition/dp/B00000K0EA

It comes in the Special Edition bundle with Dr. No, Goldfinger, The Man With the Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence to Kill, and GoldenEye.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If nobody else wants to take over, I'll try one. What reference to the novels is made in Special Edition booklet for Tommorow Never Dies?

The TND special edition cover is here: http://www.amazon.com/Tomorrow-Never-Dies-Special-Edition/dp/B00000K0EA

It comes in the Special Edition bundle with Dr. No, Goldfinger, The Man With the Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence to Kill, and GoldenEye.

That's a pretty fantastic bundle I must say.
  • If nobody else wants to take over, I'll try one. What reference to the novels is made in Special Edition booklet for Tommorow Never Dies?

That's a pretty fantastic bundle I must say.

It is indeed, and it's the one I had the good fortune to own from 2002-2012. It (along with a DVD of DAD) was my only contact with the Bond world then, and it was critical in getting me back into the series early on. Its only real weakness is the lack of Lazenby. If it had OHMSS, it would have been just about perfect.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've no idea, but this has been buried for a few weeks now. Any more guesses on this?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've no idea, but this has been buried for a few weeks now. Any more guesses on this?
    I'm stumped too. I couldn't even begin to guess.
  • Does anybody here own the special edition of TND? If so, it should be pretty easy to find, but if not, it will be just about impossible to guess.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    This thread appears to have died out so I'll attempt resurrection.

What is the notable feature of the cats which can be seen in Licence To Kill?
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    This thread appears to have died out so I'll attempt resurrection.

What is the notable feature of the cats which can be seen in Licence To Kill?

They have more toes than ordinary cats.