The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    saunders wrote:
    Thanks @0013

What does Bond do only in TB, FYEO, DAD and NSNA?

He gets in underwater diving gear?
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit

He gets in underwater diving gear?

No, good guess but he also wears diving gear in GF, YOLT, LALD, AVTAK, LTK and TND.

• He refuses sex when he has the opportunity for it?
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 232
    I hope this is an appropriate place to post this, but this is a Bond Trivia Quiz from October 7, 1983 from the San Jose Mercury News that I clipped over 30 years ago. This was due to the release of Never Say Never Again, which has an article as well, that I can post if there is NSNA appreciation thread (this may be farfetched on this forum.) Let me know, if you want me to post the answers at some point.

IMG_0612.jpg

Scan_2.jpg

Scan_7.jpg

Scan_9.jpg

Scan_8.jpg

Scan_10.jpg

Scan_12.jpg

Scan_13.jpg

Scan_11.jpg

Scan_14.jpg

Interesting quiz @Jarrod the questions range from very easy to fairly hard, think I got most of them except Ian Fleming's three choices to play Bond, I can only think of two of them, David Niven and Roger Moore.

Sorry @Soundofthesinners good answer but it's not Bond refusing sex.
    I've heard the same rumor of Fleming and Moore, but according to the Quiz answers it was "Jimmy Stewart, Richard Burton and David Niven. If they weren't available, he'd accept James Mason." Yeah, it's kind of a mixed bag of questions. I think I got most of them, but maybe a few book questions had me slightly stumped. Where with the movies I've seen them hundreds of times, but the books I haven't read in over 20 years (maybe it's time to reread).

What does Bond do only in TB, FYEO, DAD and NSNA?

Clue 1: Dominic Greene also does it.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Drowns someone underwater?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Drowns someone underwater?

Nope, a really great guess but it's something much more trivial than that.
  • Eats fruit?
    Eats fruit?

Very well done @Sir_James_Moloney it was indeed eating fruit (Maybe not the most interesting bit of Bond trivia I admit), over to you.

• Wow!

Try this one:

We do we see in only FYEO and SF?

Should be a fairly simple one...
    Grave site for Bond's loved ones. Tracy in FYEO and his parents in SF?
  • Got it in one!
  • We'll need someone to think of a new question, in the event that Jarrod doesn't post one soon.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Someone should go ahead. I'm pretty sure the rule for most of these is the winner gets 24 hours to post a new question, and if they don't, the first person to post something takes over. If anyone cares to do so, then go for it.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 5,812
    Here's one:

Name the episode of classic Doctor Who with two links to James Bond.

Clue: it's one of the few that have been filmed (in part) outside of Great Britain.
    I don't watch 'Doctor Who,' but the only thing I ever remember reading was something pertaining to Diana Rigg being in one of the episodes, perhaps? I could be totally wrong.
    Episode "City of Death" (1979) from Season 17 had both Julian Glover (FYEO) and John Cleese (Q)?
    Good, Jarrod ! It even had Catherine Schell. The point is yours.
  • Wins the round, loses the question, wins the question back. To quote Red Grant,
    What a performance."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wins the round, loses the question, wins the question back. To quote Red Grant,
    What a performance."

Exactly my sentiments. :))
    Thanks! Ok, here's one. What episode of TV show The Persuaders has 7 Bond actors in it, and who are the actors?
  • Tough one because there were so many Bond actors in the Persuaders. Are you including the compilation movies?
    No, just the shows.
  • Bumping this since I like to see it and participate in it but don't have the slightest clue about the answer to this question.
    Bump. Any chance of this getting moved along again? It's been a long while.
    The question is simply too esoteric for this game, I feel. It's difficult with this game because if you don't know the answer you just sit there doing nothing until someone comes along with the right answer.
    The question is simply too esoteric for this game, I feel. It's difficult with this game because if you don't know the answer you just sit there doing nothing until someone comes along with the right answer.

That's true, but the same can be said for the 'Famous Movie Lines Quiz,' as if you've never seen the film and there are no clues present, it's pretty much a guessing game or you sit in silence until it continues. Perhaps we should let this one go, then. Some things just don't work or don't kick off properly.
    Creasy47 wrote:

That's true, but the same can be said for the 'Famous Movie Lines Quiz,' as if you've never seen the film and there are no clues present, it's pretty much a guessing game or you sit in silence until it continues. Perhaps we should let this one go, then. Some things just don't work or don't kick off properly.

That's why I always give clues whenever I helm the games on here. It's more beneficial for those playing at the end of the day, and more fun, which is the important thing.