Bond against the Taliban/Al Qaeda/ISIS?

DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
edited November 2015 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 260
All of you always say on here the Bond franchise keeps up with modern times. So why in the hell haven't we seen a Muslim terrorist? It would make a perfect bond movie. Instead of having the usual cliched villains , why not try to create a realistic threat that blends with reality. I can see it now, a great plot involving kidnapped British SAS soldiers taken by Al Qaeda. Monthes have gone by with no luck in finding the SAS soldiers, so Bond is called in to investigate and find the soldiers. He essentially gets sent to lets say the capital of Afghanistan , which is Kabul and gradually learns the where abouts of the missing SAS soldiers. The story has a twist though, bond finds the location of the kidnapped SAS soldiers and finds out only to discover 2 are still taken hostage , but one has been brainwashed. This one SAS soldier is now a ranking leader of Al Qaeda, he has gone rouge and is out of control.

As for the pre-title sequence. lets say we try a different route. The PTS would start off with the 4 British SAS agents stealthily moving through desolate mountains in Afghanistan, showing the beautiful night sky. Suddenly the screen shifts camera styles to a green night vision camera setting giving us a first person view of one of the soldiers. Suddenly a large group/militia of men (Taliban or Al Qaeda ) appear ferociously surprising the 4 SAS soldiers, The SAS soldiers are in total shock, they immediately drop they're weapons. Immediately they are beaten nearly to death, and brutality kicked while helplessly lying on thr floor. One of the soldiers is taken by the hair, and is made to get on his knees, the al qaeda militia leader, "Ghanna" , shoots and kills the kneeling soldier in the head execution style and shouts in English to the 3 remaining sas soldiers, "YOU WANT TO LIVE ?", then speaks in Arabic to his group "TIE THEM UP NOW, MAKE SURE WE GET THEN TO CAMP".
The scene ends and suddenly Bond is shown sleeping in his bed alone, his bedside phone rings, he awakes intensely as if he were having a nightmare. The camera stays still on Bonds surprised face for a few seconds, hes sweating immensely and finally picks up the phone, its M. M says immediatley ,"Bond, theres a problem, we need you, now." Bond doesn't even answer, hangs up , slams the phone down violently and then the classic 007 gun barrel scene arrives

IMO this would be a differnt approach to a PTS not relying too heavily on Bond, but in a way though that still interprets Bonds significance in the story.

thats just one of many possible scenarios that could be used for a middle eastern plot.

But I highly doubt we'll ever see a muslim terrorist in a Bond film due to our politically correct culture which is a real shame.

Thoughts anyone???

Comments

We haven't seen a Muslim terrorist because that would be boring. They don't do it simply because it is an easy plot. It looks lazy. Plus, the Middle East isn't the only unstable region of the World.

Also, this can go here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4679/going-forward-what-type-of-bond-movie-do-we-as-fans-really-want-in-the-future/p2#Item_32
  • ...or alqciada?

Sorry. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2012 Posts: 16,328
    the-7-best-captain-picard-memes.jpg?version=1341960622000
    This Thread...
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Yep..this thread is obsolete but the one about Daniel Craig's fading hairline is much better right ....god some of you really continue to amaze me
  • Yep..this thread is obsolete but the one about Daniel Craig's fading hairline is much better right ....god some of you really continue to amaze me

I thought that one got closed?
    16apagy.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    some of you really continue to amaze me

Bottom line- fictional characters in a movie may comment on reality, but they may not change it.
    This is why Iron Man does not make Israel & Palestine live in peace, and why the new Sherlock Holmes will not discover JFK's real killer(s).
    Bond vs. Taliban is a losing proposition, both in terms of storytelling & box office.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yep..this thread is obsolete but the one about Daniel Craig's fading hairline is much better right ....god some of you really continue to amaze me

The feeling is mutual.
    16apagy.jpg

Exhibit A. Bring in more pointless Skyfall hatred into a thread completely unrelated the the film. I feel like I'm in a preschool.
    oh but its okay for Murdock to post images passively inferring my thread is a waste of time? he started it, so I gave him a shot back.

dont get on my back for defending the thread. now let's get back on topic honey
    edited November 2012 Posts: 16,328
    oh but its okay for Murdock to post images passively inferring my thread is a waste of time? he started it, so I gave him a shot back.

dont get on my back for defending the thread. now let's get back on topic honey

Well, considering I pointed you to the Bond 24 wishlist thread and you just wasted more Forum space, I thought I should spice up your thread much like your so keen on doing everyone elses. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,371
    Let's see if we can take a topic that has already derailed itself about ten posts in, and turn it back around to what the topic was created to do.

If it's going to continue on like this, just take your ideas to this thread, @DRESSED_TO_KILL:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4679/going-forward-what-type-of-bond-movie-do-we-as-fans-really-want-in-the-future/p2#Item_32
    Murdock you're a great guy. Really I hope I didn't offend you too much, but ive been meaning to ask you, are you going to be in the Miami, Florida area soon? I would love to buy you a chicken dinner. if so let me know, thanks
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Let's see if we can take a topic that has already derailed itself about ten posts in, and turn it back around to what the topic was created to do.

Yes please can we ?

thanks creasy
    Those past posts are pretty distasteful. What do you think you're doing?
    Murdock you're a great guy. Really I hope I didn't offend you too much, but ive been meaning to ask you, are you going to be in the Miami, Florida area soon? I would love to buy you a chicken dinner. if so let me know, thanks

How romantic. @};-
    Those past posts are pretty distasteful. What do you think you're doing?

Please can we get back to my topic.

If you want to reply with a question just pm me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    What, did the mods give you a talking to (it's rhetorical, I know they have) and now you're trying to mend broken bridges as they crumble before you? Good luck with that...
    Please for the love of god can we get back to my topic. If not im just going to sit here and cry all night.
    Please for the love of god can we get back to my topic. If not im just going to sit here and cry all night.

Okay- once again:
    Bottom line- fictional characters in a movie may comment on reality, but they may not change it.
    This is why Iron Man does not make Israel & Palestine live in peace, and why the new Sherlock Holmes will not discover JFK's real killer(s).
    Bond vs. Taliban is a losing proposition, both in terms of storytelling & box office.

As long as you treat all the other threads on the forums like how you expect us to act on yours, yes.
    The CIA killed JFK
    . The evidence is so clear and the covet ups are absurd.

http://rense.com/general76/hunt.htm
    The CIA killed JFK

LOL!! THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!!
    And Paul McCartney is dead, I assume.
    The CIA killed JFK

http://rense.com/general76/hunt.htm

You tell me to stay on topic on your precious topic, yet you derail it further with a complete conspiracy? I could stand to listen to your version of history...
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    A thread derailed by its own creator.

I'm gonna leave this open in the vain hope it'll get back on topic in the next 5 posts. Otherwise I'm closing it.
    I think that introducing Al Qaeda is a taboo thing to do. The fact that people dedicate their lives to keeping the middle-eastern situations stable, it would be pretty reckless for a film like 007 to jump in and try to take credit*. It also seems kind of disrespectful.

(And by take credit, obviously Bond would take out a sizeable player in the group in the story. Soldiers have to plan for weeks and weeks to do the simplest of missions in real life.)
    I think that introducing Al Qaeda is a taboo thing to do. The fact that people dedicate their lives to keeping the middle-eastern situations stable, it would be pretty reckless for a film like 007 to jump in and try to take credit*. It also seems kind of disrespectful.

(And by take credit, obviously Bond would take out a sizeable player in the group in the story. Soldiers have to plan for weeks and weeks to do the simplest of missions in real life.)

I never mentioned bond taking credit for the Afghanistan war. theres so much going on in afghanistan the possibilities are endless in where the story could go. , what I mentioned was a kidnapping story involving British SAS soldiers. Whats so distasteful about bond investigating and trying to find hostages in the middle east. only because Normal Military units failed to do so , so bond is sent in.to investigate as a last resort option. Its a plausible scenario.

I never mentioned bond taking credit for the Afghanistan war. theres so much going on in afghanistan the possibilities are endless in where the story could go. , what I mentioned was a kidnapping story involving British SAS soldiers. Whats so distasteful about bond investigating and trying to find hostages in the middle east. only because Normal Military units failed to do so , so bond is sent in.to investigate as a last resort option. Its a plausible scenario.

It's plausible. As long as they include the other destinations around the world, like Shanghai for Skyfall. My big fear would be Bond of Duty: 007 Ops.
    I would love to see James Bond 007 fight off the very evil we are attempting to put down here in good ol' US of A!!! I'd cheer and applaud in the theater if we got to see this!!