US Election - November 6

Comments

Murdock wrote:
    Obama. Simply because, He's for education. I'm a college student and I have enough problems already and don't need Romney racking up my bills. I'm also voting for Obama because he's not focused on banning rights. It's America in 2012. Gay people have a right to get married. And rape victims have a right to abortion if they don't want their attacker's baby. How does giving the rich More money help me out? It doesn't. Romney is a bomb waiting to explode in America's face. Also Obama was responsible for ordering Bin Laden's death but everyone seems to forget that. Four more years of Obama please.

I have to agreeably disagree here. First off, I'll just say that I do not believe that gay people should have any rights to get married. I believe in a God who intended marriage to be between man and woman only, and I back candidates like Romney who see it that way as well. Secondly, I do sympathize for rape victims, I mean it is a terrible tragedy, but I believe that abortion is the equivalent of murder, since it is killing off God's creation in the womb. It's no different than shooting the baby right after it comes out of the mother, which for some reason, seems unspeakable, yet we can inject poisons into a lady to kill the child and somehow that is "humane". Positively sickening, if I do say so. Thirdly, I do believe that those who do well economically by working for their living and saving well so that they might be considered "rich" should be given more because they can handle the responsibility and have earned it themselves.
    @00Beast
    Sorry but the time has come for religion to NOT play a part in politics. I'm Jewish but I could care less what religion these people are. Some day we will look back and think how stupid we all were to let "God" play into everyday lives. Gays are people, they should be able to marry. Abortions should be up to a woman, NOT the bible. I can't elect a man who thinks certain people don't have the same rights as others
  • Actually, why does government have to take any role in marriage?

I'd rather the gov't take out any tax cuts for being married and leave it to the churches.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    @00Beast
    Sorry but the time has come for religion to NOT play a part in politics. I'm Jewish but I could care less what religion these people are. Some day we will look back and think how stupid we all were to let "God" play into everyday lives. Gays are people, they should be able to marry. Abortions should be up to a woman, NOT the bible. I can't elect a man who thinks certain people don't have the same rights as others

It's not about whether Man A has the same rights as Man B, it's about doing what is right! Neither of those scenarios are right! Besides, as a well-educated man once said, the whole separation of church and state is not about keeping religion out of government, but rather keeping government from interfering with religion!
  • JamesStock wrote:
    Actually, why does government have to take any role in marriage?

I'd rather the gov't take out any tax cuts for being married and leave it to the churches.

Right! I think that the government should only recognize unions between people, regardless of their sex, and if people want a marriage, well that's something that a church does for you, not a government.
  • See, that's why we all should vote Libertarian!!! Compromises on both sides and everyone is happy! ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    bondbat007 wrote:
    @00Beast

Agreed, this is why we have separation of Church and State. I believe in God too, but I believe in humanity first. Everyone is equal and everyone should get equal rights. I believe all humans (Gay or straight) deserve the same rights as everyone else. I only believe that Abortion is morally permissible in the case of rape. Were the human race divided into multiple races. We coexist and we all should be equal.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    How anyone could think Mitt Romney would make a good president frightens me. The man is a crooked, greedy, dishonest, flip-floping asshole who should go back to being the CEO of Bain Capital where he belongs, destroying US businesses and sending them to China.
    You indeed have a clear and reasonable grasp on the man and his means. A Romney Presidency would have disastrous effects here in my country, and by extension, the world as a whole.
    People who support him here in the US have no understanding of this as our educational system allows for no clear inspection of FACTS in the lower rungs (grade through High School), and most voters here have never been to University (College) enough to even begin to judge issues in a logical fashion. I love my country, but I do NOT fancy the lowbrow advertising tactics that define our political process.
    00Beast wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    @00Beast

It's not about whether Man A has the same rights as Man B, it's about doing what is right! Neither of those scenarios are right! Besides, as a well-educated man once said, the whole separation of church and state is not about keeping religion out of government, but rather keeping government from interfering with religion!

Sorry @00Beast but that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Keep in mind that Americans practice different religions not just one.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,189
    00Beast wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    @00Beast

Who the hell are you to say what's right or wrong? You're just a mortal man, and if you think you know God's will just because you read it in a book, then you are as naive as a gullible child. Men are created equal and in the United States of America are free to pursue their own happiness, and if that means marrying another person of the same sex then YOU have NO right to deny them that happiness you colossal asshole!!!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    00Beast wrote:
    I have to agreeably disagree here. First off, I'll just say that I do not believe that gay people should have any rights to get married.
    Do you feel the same regarding homosexuals who fight for us in the military?
    Sorry if this feels like a cheap-shot against you, @00beast, but I dug this up just for you

535132_10150690521932395_705822394_8026655_1008504104_n.jpg?w=468
    you colossal asshole!!!
    Please keep it civil or this is sure to get closed. Healthy debate is a good thing
    @Master_Dahark
    Ha! I hope you don't mind but I'm stealing that picture and sending it to a few people I know
    bondbat007 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    @00Beast

Sorry @00Beast but that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Keep in mind that Americans practice different religions not just one.

Unfortunately yes, because the Founding Fathers founded the nation on one religion, based on the Bible. They'd be ashamed of our nation now in 2012.
    00Beast wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    @00Beast

Who the hell are you to say what's right or wrong? You're just a mortal man, and if you think you know God's will just because you read it in a book, then you are as naive as a gullible child. Men are created equal and in the United States of America are free to pursue their own happiness, and if that means marrying another person of the same sex then YOU have NO right to deny them that happiness you colossal asshole!!!

I'm not being a righteous rule-enforcer, just telling what I read in the Bible, which is what this nation was founded on in the first place. By the way, I do not see how this one view of mine makes me an a** hole.

@Master_Dahark: That picture works for a lot of other scenarios too, you know.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 565
    @chrisisall Please don't tell me that Obama isn't any less crooked. Look at his cabinet. Look at Solyndra. Look at Fast & Furious. Look at Bengazhi. Obama, I'm sure is a nice guy, as is Romney. But man, his policy-making --- and those he entrusts to govern the federal office --- have been anything but honest.

Obama has not even tried to reach across the aisle and it shows. We have no balanced budget in all years he was president and this nation has become so partisan and divided that neighbors, facebook friends, etc can't even get along anymore. This is why I think even though Obama appears to have the edge in the polls, he's not going to win the election.
  • JamesStock wrote:
    @chrisisall Please don't tell me that Obama isn't any less crooked. Look at his cabinet. Look at Solyndra. Look at Fast & Furious. Look at Bengazhi. Obama, I'm sure is a nice guy, as is Romney. But man, his policy-making --- and those he entrusts to govern the federal office --- have been anything but honest.

Obama has not even tried to reach across the aisle and it shows. We have no balanced budget in all years he was president and this nation has become so partisan and divided that neighbors, facebook friends, etc can't even get along anymore. This is why I think even though Obama appears to have the edge in the polls, he's not going to win the election.

Do you watch Fox News? Because if you do, it shows. Try having an original though once in a while...
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 565
    @sirseanisbond How about providing some genuine, thoughtful counterarguments rather than blaming Fox News and verbally abusing me among others. I'm all for a healthy debate, but toxic comments like that should not be permitted.
  • ...and I fail to see what is so bad about asking for a balanced budget. Is that really a partisan question?
  • Sandy wrote:
    I hope Obama wins, but I'm not American so...

Following http://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/ and [ur]http://www.electoral-vote.com[/url]every day. And as there are only 22 hours left before the first polls close in the North-East Coast of the USA, it seems more likely Obama will get his 2nd term.

In the end Obama will narrowly beat the 300 electoral votes. I'd say, compared to 2008, which gave him 265 electoral votes, a nice landslide, he will now loose Indiana, Florida, North-Carolina and Nebraska's 2nd congressional district. Still, that gives Obama 303 electoral votes, because he manages to keep Virginia, New Hampshire, Iowa and most importantly Ohio. And even if Ohio stays a toss-up by Wednesday, due to voting problems, Obama still has 285 electoral votes...enough to let him stay in the White House.

Nah, Romney has already lost if you ask me.
    JamesStock wrote:
    @chrisisall Please don't tell me that Obama isn't any less crooked.
    Well, less enough that it matters to ME! :P
  • Ok @JamesStock, I'll give you Fans & Furious, but Solyndra could have been a great company if right-wing controlled corporations hadn't forced it into failure, Bengazhi was an unexpected attack which not everyone was on the same page about because of the campaign, and Obama has reached across the isle countless times, but the Republicans were being the jackasses because they wouldn't do anything with him. They made it their agenda to make Obama's term as unsuccessful as possible, so it's amazing that he got anything done at all. As for a balanced Budget, if you think Romney can balance it without raising taxes then your an idiot who should re-learn math. Finally, so you think Obama has had bad policy call huh? How about that one he made in Abbottabad? That was a real bad call wasn't it?
  • Murdock wrote:
    Obama. Simply because, He's for education. I'm a college student and I have enough problems already and don't need Romney racking up my bills. I'm also voting for Obama because he's not focused on banning rights. It's America in 2012. Gay people have a right to get married. And rape victims have a right to abortion if they don't want their attacker's baby. How does giving the rich More money help me out? It doesn't. Romney is a bomb waiting to explode in America's face. Also Obama was responsible for ordering Bin Laden's death but everyone seems to forget that. Four more years of Obama please.

Absolute yes! How anyone could think Mitt Romney would make a good president frightens me. The man is a crooked, greedy, dishonest, flip-floping asshole who should go back to being the CEO of Bain Capital where he belongs, destroying US businesses and sending them to China.

You don't know the real man because you refuse to listen to anything but the Obama campaign's ads.

America is not doing well. They are crippled by debt, poverty up, median income down, etc.

Mitt Romney is a great man. Not only that, he is the smartest guy in he room.
    JamesStock wrote:
    ...and I fail to see what is so bad about asking for a balanced budget. Is that really a partisan question?
    No, but enhancing the richest folk's fortunes will not remedy the debt- enabling small business to work would be a good start IMHO....
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You don't know the real man because you refuse to listen to anything but the Obama campaign's ads.

America is not doing well. They are crippled by debt, poverty up, median income down, etc.

For the smartest guy in the room he sure doesn't know anything about why windows in airplanes don't simply roll down. >..>

In a room of bowling pins...
    :P
  • Murdock wrote:

Absolute yes! How anyone could think Mitt Romney would make a good president frightens me. The man is a crooked, greedy, dishonest, flip-floping asshole who should go back to being the CEO of Bain Capital where he belongs, destroying US businesses and sending them to China.

He was Governor of MY state for 4 years and I got to know the man, and he is not the smartest man in the room, he's the slimiest! Romney in not a government person, he's a business man, and as President he would do everything to destroy government and promote business. He's a soulless harmless man who is just greedy to the core and willing to do whatever it takes to trick enough people into voting for him so he can be President so he can show-up his dead father, who never got to be President. Obama's going to win thank God so none of this really matters. It's just frightening that a man like Romney got this close...
  • Van Damme for President- now he's the smartest guy in the room!

j-v-c-d-12.jpg?w=762&h=515
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    We have had 4 years of Obama...how is the economy??? I think we all know the answer to that. In 4 years not alot has been done.....Mitt Romney will get my vote (though even as a Republican myself, I can't stand the man).
    Murdock wrote:

He was Governor of MY state for 4 years and I got to know the man, and he is not the smartest man in the room, he's the slimiest! Romney in not a government person, he's a business man, and as President he would do everything to destroy government and promote business. He's a soulless harmless man who is just greedy to the core and willing to do whatever it takes to trick enough people into voting for him so he can be President so he can show-up his dead father, who never got to be President. Obama's going to win thank God so none of this really matters. It's just frightening that a man like Romney got this close...

I wouldn't be so confident that Obama is going to win. I believe people have begun to wise up since 2008, and are realizing the severe negative effects of putting a man like Obama in office.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    No matter who wins the election, we're still getting four more years of crap.
  • 00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I wouldn't be so confident that Obama is going to win. I believe people have begun to wise up since 2008, and are realizing the severe negative effects of putting a man like Obama in office.

Hoping that something will happen does not make it so. Believe me, 8 years ago I hoped and thought that Kerry would beat Bush despite the polls, but polls don't lie, and just take a look at the swing-state polls:
    http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/swing-state-tracker?ref=politics
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/11/02/us/politics/paths-to-the-white-house.html?ref=politics