US Election - November 6

Comments

• JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tobester95 wrote:
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    Romney will win. No President is going to win re-election with 8% unemployment, 1.3% GDP "growth" and $16 trillion in debt. The past 4 years have been miserable for most Americans. Obama will lose and that will be good news for the US and the World.

A war against Iran is by no means good news for the world.

But a nuclear armed Iran is?

America will not go to war in the middle east again, voluntarily. It would be political suicide of whoever makes that decision. We'd have to be attacked at home again, and hopefully that doesn't happen.

I agree. Iran will not get a nuke though under Obama because he likes to operate through clandestine operations. The CIA will not let Iran get a nuke, and if they are getting close, the CIA and Israel will work on a covert-opp to stop them.

On a side note, I wonder why the Bond franchise hasn't touched Iran yet, seeing as the cold war tension was a major theme of the Connery movies...
  • Tobester95 wrote:
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    Romney will win. No President is going to win re-election with 8% unemployment, 1.3% GDP "growth" and $16 trillion in debt. The past 4 years have been miserable for most Americans. Obama will lose and that will be good news for the US and the World.

What makes you think Romney winning means war against Iran? Romney isn't Bush.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Artemis81 wrote:
    ^Hey, I'm from Massachusetts, too. :)

I'm voting tomorrow, but I still on the fence on who to vote for. I'm not really into politics, but I'll be trying to do some research tonight to get a better idea.
    I'm from Mass as well. *Hi*
    Well, just remember what Romney was like when he was Governor here, and that should be all you need to consider.
    And maybe that he most recently had everyone send the Red Cross 'stuff' to help with hurricane aid, except that they don't accept 'stuff' and that'll give you an idea of how well informed he makes himself before going off & making decisions on things.
    I'll take the smooth liar over the slimey one, thanks. ;)
    Definitely Mitt Romney! A Conservative Republican with God-centered values, a patriotic love of country, and plans for bringing America back to its roots is exactly the kind of man we need in the Oval Office! Can't wait to have "President" Obama out of office. It's about time we got rid of him. His false promises and lies have done more than enough to bring this country to its knees! Our morals and former Christian values from years past have sunk so low that they're almost non-existant. I respect former Presidents George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan for making attempts to bring this back around. Who you have sitting in the chair of the country really does influence the nation. Outstanding men of faith who really knew what it took to turn America around. It starts with who you believe in and what you believe. The other things like debt, health care plans, and government departments can come second once you fix the values of the people, and show them how this nation will be run. Romney is just the man we need after 4 horrifying years of Obama's liberal, pansy, "please everyone" policies. Sorry Barack Houssein, sometimes you've got to step on some toes. Besides, America is much safer with you out of office. I'm surprised we haven't already been attacked on our own soil again, giving Obama's more than suspicious origins and connections.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Sandy wrote:
    I always get the idea that American's are slightly naive, I hope I'm not offending anyone with this because it's not my intention.
    Unfortunately you're very right-- I remember 4 years ago when it was down to Obama & McCain and lots of people were in an uproar just because Obama's middle name was Hussein! 'He must be a terr'rist!!!' :-\"
  • Sandy wrote:
    I always get the idea that American's are slightly naive, I hope I'm not offending anyone with this because it's not my intention.

Unfortunately, many of them are, but I really resent Europeans who think we're all like that because we're not. We're not all dumb or fat or have a southern accents. I'm an American and I hate the stereotypical American tourist as much as Europeans do, but we are not all like that! It's those idiots who elected Bush, and who are going to vote for Romney, but you wait and see, we proved it to you 4 years ago and we'll prove it again tomorrow, their are a majority of us who are sensible enough to make the right choice for President, and Obama will have another 4 years.
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    What makes you think Romney winning means war against Iran? Romney isn't Bush.
    He said His America will not tolerate a nuclear capable Iran! They have to PROVE to us the have no weapons in mind when gearing up for reactors, which the CAN'T (prove to me you don't kick your cat).
    So, if he wins, just a matter of time before he gets to pull the trigger on those evil would-be world-dominating terrorist-friendly FIENDS!!!
    Sandy wrote:

Unfortunately, many of them are, but I really resent Europeans who think we're all like that because we're not. We're not all dumb or fat or have a southern accents. I'm an American and I hate the stereotypical American tourist as much as Europeans do, but we are not all like that! It's those idiots who elected Bush, and who are going to vote for Romney, but you wait and see, we proved it to you 4 years ago and we'll prove it again tomorrow, their are a majority of us who are sensible enough to make the right choice for President, and Obama will have another 4 years.

Idiots who elected Bush? How in the world was that a bad decision? Bush was one of the greatest president's we've ever had! How do you think Osama bin Laden was killed? Bush's era spent years tracking him down and making the necessary preparations which led to his death and Sadam Hussein's death years before. A great American victory thanks to George! We owe our safety to him! And another thing, I'd rather have a Southern Christian like Bush in office than a liberal, loose-moral, lying, give-me-money-please pansy in office currently.
    Romney= George Dubya part 2 IMO. War-mongering idiot in other words.

• Sandy wrote:
    I came to the conclusion I can't understand American politics. It's sad but true. I also don't understand how the USA doesn't have a public health care service for example. I aways lived in countries where health care is a right and I cannot imagine a civilized country where it isn't, I think this says a lot. That is why I always resist the idea of moving to the US although I had the chance to do it, like I said to someone one day, despite all it's problems I'm still in love with Europe, for better and for worse.
    Healthcare is a major problem in the US. However, I can't imagine looking to the Government to provide my healthcare. I actually find the concept frightening.

I also find the concept of something being a "right" when someone else is forced to pay for it as being strange. How can one person demand money from another person to pay for their healthcare? Why aren't people expected to pay for their own healthcare in other countries?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tobester95 wrote:
    HFrog1999 wrote:

But a nuclear armed Iran is?

America will not go to war in the middle east again, voluntarily. It would be political suicide of whoever makes that decision. We'd have to be attacked at home again, and hopefully that doesn't happen.

I agree. Iran will not get a nuke though under Obama because he likes to operate through clandestine operations. The CIA will not let Iran get a nuke, and if they are getting close, the CIA and Israel will work on a covert-opp to stop them.

I support clandestine movements. We have the worlds greatest and most resourceful special operations units (one of the few countries who have more than one spec ops groups). We should use them instead of our armies. I think Seal Team 6 could solve all of our problems in a weekend if we let them, and no one would ever trace it back.

00Beast wrote:
    Romney is just the man we need after 4 horrifying years of Obama's liberal, pansy, "please everyone" policies. Sorry Barack Houssein, sometimes you've got to step on some toes. Besides, America is much safer with you out of office. I'm surprised we haven't already been attacked on our own soil again, giving Obama's more than suspicious origins and connections.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA, that's a great caricature of an average ignorant fear-driven American voter! You nailed it! :))
  • Sandy wrote:

So you're happy with the economy? The past 4 years have been miserable for me and everyone I know. What about the past 4 years have been good for you?

If McCain had won and we had the miserable economy we have now, I definately wouldn't vote for him again. What has Obama done that's made you happy?
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Romney= George Dubya part 2 IMO. War-mongering idiot in other words.

Perhaps war is the best way to provide a stand against our enemies and actually take them out to ensure our own safety and security. Goodness knows I'd rather have a little offensive gunfire than wait to see if our enemy strikes. I back presidents who have the "go get 'em mentality like George W. Bush and Mitt Romney! They get things done!
    00Beast wrote:
    Bush was one of the greatest president's we've ever had! How do you think Osama bin Laden was killed? Bush's era spent years tracking him down and making the necessary preparations which led to his death and Sadam Hussein's death years before. A great American victory thanks to George! We owe our safety to him! And another thing, I'd rather have a Southern Christian like Bush in office than a liberal, loose-moral, lying, give-me-money-please pansy in office currently.

LOL, yeah, okay, but don't overplay it or it'll just get annoying, end the joke on a high note dude!

chrisisall wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Bush was one of the greatest president's we've ever had! How do you think Osama bin Laden was killed? Bush's era spent years tracking him down and making the necessary preparations which led to his death and Sadam Hussein's death years before. A great American victory thanks to George! We owe our safety to him! And another thing, I'd rather have a Southern Christian like Bush in office than a liberal, loose-moral, lying, give-me-money-please pansy in office currently.

LOL, yeah, okay, but don't overplay it or it'll just get annoying, end the joke on a high note dude!

It's actually not a joke, I'm being serious. Not exactly clear of what side you're on here.
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    If McCain had won and we had the miserable economy we have now, I definately wouldn't vote for him again. What has Obama done that's made you happy?
    Voting shouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction, man. If no real thought goes into voting, I believe one should not vote at all.
    00Beast wrote:
    It's actually not a joke, I'm being serious.
    Ohhh... well, I guess I'll just, uhhh, pray for you or something, bro.
  • HFrog1999 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    I came to the conclusion I can't understand American politics. It's sad but true. I also don't understand how the USA doesn't have a public health care service for example. I aways lived in countries where health care is a right and I cannot imagine a civilized country where it isn't, I think this says a lot. That is why I always resist the idea of moving to the US although I had the chance to do it, like I said to someone one day, despite all it's problems I'm still in love with Europe, for better and for worse.
    Healthcare is a major problem in the US. However, I can't imagine looking to the Government to provide my healthcare. I actually find the concept frightening.

I also find the concept of something being a "right" when someone else is forced to pay for it as being strange. How can one person demand money from another person to pay for their healthcare? Why aren't people expected to pay for their own healthcare in other countries?

Because other countries understand that a nation does better when it's citizens work together to build a better quality of life for all, not for the few. This isn't the wild west anymore, individuals arne't on their own. Globalization is real and American's have to embrace it or we're going to fall behind the rest of the world going forward into the 21st century.
    chrisisall wrote:
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    Voting shouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction, man. If no real thought goes into voting, I believe one should not vote at all.

Which is why Obama was voted in the first place. Too many people voted for him simply because they wanted the first African-American president in office. Yeah that's great, but if he's an incompetent liar with questionable connections, how about you reconsider your decision? But no, then I'd be called a "racist".
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:

I don't think Americans are all like that, thank heaven because otherwise there would be no hope left in the world. As a matter of fact I have some family in the states of NY and California. But it's sad to know that a proportion of the population has no idea how the world works outside their own state let alone outside the borders of the USA.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    I agree. I don't vote based on Party Affiliation. I vote based on the candidates campaign and record. Obama's record has been pretty bad. His handling of the economy has been terrible. His foreign policy for the most part has been okay. However, I wouldn't vote for a President from any party that's done the damage he's done to the economy.

What has Obama done that's made you happy with his performance?

edited November 2012 Posts: 17,687
    00Beast wrote:
    Too many people voted for him simply because they wanted the first African-American president in office.
    Now you're busting the sillymeter on my computer.
    I will not talk to you any more.
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    I agree. I don't vote based on Party Affiliation. I vote based on the candidates campaign and record. Obama's record has been pretty bad. His handling of the economy has been terrible. His foreign policy for the most part has been okay. However, I wouldn't vote for a President from any party that's done the damage he's done to the economy.

Definitely nothing. He is an embarrasment to the country and makes us look like money-hungry, ungrateful punks who refuse to actually work for a living. Heaven help us if we have another 4 years of his reign of terror.
  • Because other countries understand that a nation does better when it's citizens work together to build a better quality of life for all, not for the few. This isn't the wild west anymore, individuals arne't on their own. Globalization is real and American's have to embrace it or we're going to fall behind the rest of the world going forward into the 21st century.
    Maybe you're right. However, personally I'm not comfortable with that kind of collectivism. I don't really see it working in Europe. I prefer to be left to my own devises. I'm not comfortable living in a country where the government controls my every day life.

• Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

I don't think Americans are all like that, thank heaven because otherwise there would be no hope left in the world. As a matter of fact I have some family in the states of NY and California. But it's sad to know that a proportion of the population has no idea how the world works outside their own state let alone outside the borders of the USA.

I couldn't agree with you more, only I feel even worse about it because that ignorant part of the population are my countrymen. But like family I guess you just have to put up with them because as much as I may have a European mind, I am an American and I wouldn't give that up for the world.
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    I wouldn't vote for a President from any party that's done the damage he's done to the economy.

He came into a situation where damage was done.
    Let me be clear, I don't love Obama, I vote for the person least likely to do WORSE damage and/or get MORE people killed in another useless war.
    Romney was MY Governor, and I know better than most Americans how deeply his slime travels.
    Obama is far from a Saint, but Romney will set off the Zombie Apocalypse.

• HFrog1999 wrote:
    Because other countries understand that a nation does better when it's citizens work together to build a better quality of life for all, not for the few. This isn't the wild west anymore, individuals arne't on their own. Globalization is real and American's have to embrace it or we're going to fall behind the rest of the world going forward into the 21st century.
    Maybe you're right. However, personally I'm not comfortable with that kind of collectivism. I don't really see it working in Europe. I prefer to be left to my own devises. I'm not comfortable living in a country where the government controls my every day life.

What Americans really need to realize is that the 'Government' isn't some big scary thing. It is at our control on days like tomorrow, and placing our faith in them to do what is right is part of a social contract which has existed in one form or another for hundreds of years. Also, the reason it's not working in Europe is because the American economy tanked and like the rest of the world they came with us. If we had more collectivism their would be much more stability in the economy.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    HFrog1999 wrote:
    Obama is far from a Saint, but Romney will set off the Zombie Apocalypse.
    Lol, you've got me there.

I'm not really excited about Romney, but I think Obama's anti-business rhetoric and healthcare law have put a wet blanket on our recovery. Whomever, wins I wish the best for our country.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Gary Johnson.

FE_DA_120924GaryJohnson425x283.jpg

Amen..Gary Johnson is a great guy, a real candidate that truly would change stuff, but the corporate ran CIA infiltrated media completely blindsided him , and not to mention the corporate owned corrupt debating system completely disowned him.