All Bond films: Unintentionally funny moments!

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Octopussy seems like she is on medication throughout the movie. Maybe Kamal has given her something to relax on.
    Octopussy seems like she is on medication throughout the movie. Maybe Kamal has given her something to relax on.

I've always felt that way about Ms. Bach. Sounds spaced out with nearly every line she delivers.
    Yep, that is another one.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Maud Adams delivery of her indignant line in Octopussy "I have no country! I have no price on my head!!!!" is hilarious, her acting is so bad!

It's like she's trying to make it really dramatic and passionate.

I have to admit that I never truly understood her monologue there.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 11,189
    echo wrote: »
    Maud Adams delivery of her indignant line in Octopussy "I have no country! I have no price on my head!!!!" is hilarious, her acting is so bad!

It's like she's trying to make it really dramatic and passionate.

I have to admit that I never truly understood her monologue there.

It feels very amateur-dramatics to me.
    Her accent comes out in that scene badly ...
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 11,189
    The whole spider scene from Dr No. I think the dated b-movie scary music has something to do with it.

"If this happened in a Daniel Craig movie he would just pick the spider up, throw it out of the window and go back to sleep"
    So would I. If it were a spider.
    Some of mine:

-Finale in TB when they’re on the boat. The sped-up effects and crazy fighting makes it humorous.
    -The zoom-in of the scarecrow thing in LALD when Rosie screams.
    -Gobinda crushing the dice in OP.
    -Gobinda and Khan’s death screams on the plane in OP.
    -The cut-off scream of the bad guy in the PTS of TLD.
    -May Day disposes of someone in AVTAK in the blimp scene.

I know I’m forgetting plenty but those stand out right now.
    I think the dice crushing was intended to be funny.
    Sometimes I can’t even tell. For some reason a good number of death scenes come off as just silly or funny for whatever reason.
    The bit where Mr. Wint drops the scorpion down the back of Dr Tynan's shirt is hilarious.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    "DELLAAA
    "Well they must have hit the FUEL LINE!!!!!!!"
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

That's why Magda was the missed opportunity in that film; the most underrated Bond Girl of all time. She was the catch, not Octopussy.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    SPECTRE, about half of Waltz's scenes, unless that was supposed to be funny.

Silva's death scene is pretty hilarious. I only realized afterwards that it's not supposed to be funny at all.
    Bardem has some really bad acting moments in SF. His cyanide "moooothaaa" moment is such a ROFLMAO moment too.

Stacey in AVTAK in the fire truck or in the elevator shaft is so obnoxious "JJAAAAMMMMEEEESSSS" that it's already hilarious again. Bad acting again I guess, or bad directing.

Kananga's death in LALD. It's so sad, it's already funny again. Seriously :P

Thunderball's pts, when Bond puts on the helmet...ahem....just wrong.
    How did I miss Kananga’s death?! Amazingly funny.
  • DrunkIrishPoetDrunkIrishPoet The Amber Coast
    In License to Kill, Timothy Dalton mugs it up but good in the Bimini bar:
    First, upon seeing Pam Bouvier enter all dolled up, Bond displays the second-largest "double-take" in cinema history (the first-largest double-take of course going to the Frenchman in Monty Python and the Holy Grail upon seeing the wooden rabbit).
    Later, I laugh aloud at Dalton's cross-eyed expression when the swordfish pierces the chair Bond parries with.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    In License to Kill, Timothy Dalton mugs it up but good in the Bimini bar:
    First, upon seeing Pam Bouvier enter all dolled up, Bond displays the second-largest "double-take" in cinema history (the first-largest double-take of course going to the Frenchman in Monty Python and the Holy Grail upon seeing the wooden rabbit).
    Later, I laugh aloud at Dalton's cross-eyed expression when the swordfish pierces the chair Bond parries with.

This is my problem with LTK. Its supposed to be this serious Bond film but is just unintentionally hilarious all the way through. "DELLA!!!!" :))
    Some of you actually laugh out loud when Bond finds Della?

Not me.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    There are some sick and twisted people out there, @Thunderfinger. Good job you and I are such nice, normal types.
    Yes. Disgusting types.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    "They'll print laugh at anything these days"
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    The scenes showing Bond and Madeleine "falling in love" in SP are pretty funny when intoxicated.
    The car chase in DN and final fight in TB are pretty funny as well.
    Bond turning Japanese.
    Can't forget the ninja fight in LTK.

Apart from the SP one, I wouldn't wanna lose any of these. They're part of the series' charm.

Its not the fact that the poor woman has been killed, it's Dalton's overwrought delivery of the line that's pretty hilarious.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I will take Dalton showing emotion over "Oh no." from Spectre any day. The last time I saw that much lack of life, was in a little known film called Night Of The Living Dead. But I guess that is a different complaint for another thread.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 11,189

This scene is always quite funny to watch. It's like a cartoon with Connery in Bug's Bunny's place.

It amuses me how this uses back projection, yet the earlier scenes with Bond and the imposter chauffer were actually filmed in a moving car.

Its not the fact that the poor woman has been killed, it's Dalton's overwrought delivery of the line that's pretty hilarious.

I wouldn't say the Della bit is funny but it is a rather forced, over-dramatic moment that doesn't quite have the impact that was intended.

I wouldn't say the Della bit is funny but it is a rather forced, over-dramatic moment that doesn't quite have the impact that was intended.

Michael Kamens naff music didn't help....