All Bond films: Unintentionally funny moments!

Comments

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited April 2011 Posts: 987
    Mr Big exploding in LALD, if it was just the poor inflated rubber figure rising up to the ceiling and then popping like a balloon filmed on grainy stock footage to try and tone down the awfull lame effect it wouldn't be funny at all and in fact it would be quite lamentable, but adding an elongated fart sound to the process is just comic genius!
  • Quoting Master_Dahark: The action music from The Spy Who Loved Me- I know that was just the way music was back then, but it seriously makes a joke out of every action scene in that movie!
    +1 That Marvin Hamlisch score was in parts pretty unintentionally hillarious - sounded like Barry Gibb was about to burst out "you should be dancing - yeah!" and that Mr Moore was about to grab some shades, turn up his collar, loosen the tie and get down boogie!! I remember MH citing the Bee Gees as an influence.

The other one I find hillarious is the opener for For your eyes only. Blofeld, who has been built up over five previous films as evil incarnate and with more lives than his cats, gets the Roger Moore treatment - chucked down a chimney in a pre-credit sequence!! Even Jaws lasted longer with Moore than Blofeld!
    Quoting Master_Dahark: The action music from The Spy Who Loved Me- I know that was just the way music was back then, but it seriously makes a joke out of every action scene in that movie!
    The real funny part is that movie was the only Bond score to ever receive an Oscar nomination :-?
    lol that reminds me! I always laugh when Roger's on that moving globe camera with the Bond theme blaring loudly- then he snips the wire and the music stops! 'Hey-- who killed the radio???'
    I always laugh when Blofeld orders Professor Dr. Metz to set the target coordinates for Washington D.C., because the look on Metz's face is pure gold! It's mad even better when he fumbles around with his answer, "Washington....er, right."
    I was surprised to see that Clifton James is still alive, I never was aware of that actually, his JW Pepper character had some classic moments in his two appearances, I liked TMWTGG and the car chase and bridge scene, yelling at natives in Asia, 'get that thing off the road you pointy headed (somethings), 'you pointy heads never seen an airplane before', and the rant with the police chief as Scaramangas carplane takes off 'I'm going to get him and him on to you' etc

Live and Let Die was also classic James as Bond speeds through the Louisiana Bayou's and his police squad try to keep up- 'you get my Brother Billy to help out, he's got the fastest boat on the river, Billy sure ain't no pixie ass' (at least that what it sounded like, it was hard to understand what the character was saying sometimes in my defense)

The Diamonds are Forever end when Kidd and Wint try to take out Connery and Saint John with a bomb cake, one bursts into flames and jumps overboard while Bond pulls a sheet between the other ones legs (classic face pull- oooooooooooohh), and throws him over board with the bomb. Hilarious.

@Baltimore_007: And of course there's Tiffany "Coward" Case standing in the corner as Bond is about to be burned alive!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The other one I find hillarious is the opener for For your eyes only. Blofeld, who has been built up over five previous films as evil incarnate and with more lives than his cats, gets the Roger Moore treatment - chucked down a chimney in a pre-credit sequence!! Even Jaws lasted longer with Moore than Blofeld!
    You know, that sequence might have worked better if he had killed Jaws instead of Blofeld.

• edited August 2011 Posts: 1,778
    Got another one:

*On Her Majesty's Secret Service- A case of bad dubbing gets a snicker out of me every time: Irma: 'You speak German?" Bond: 'I'm afraid not.' Irma: "French perhaps?' Bond: "A littleWhereAreWeOffTo!!!"
    lol he spat that out in under a second!
    I always found that pretty funny too. Bond's not doing a very good job undercover appearing relaxed. The second he's questioned he changes the subject. And he barks out that line too.
  • CA. CA. CAIRO! Not to mention the very un-Connery sounding Bond (I love how he says "shant"!)....
    CA. CA. CAIRO! Not to mention the very un-Connery sounding Bond (I love how he says "shant"!)....
    Yeah, that Japanese guy's mouth never moved when he said Cairo. Always makes me groan!
  • who forgot to include the tarantula scene in Doctor No

Connery slipper to poor defenseless arachnid with questionable sound effects

BAM BAM BAM :-))
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,310
    who forgot to include the tarantula scene in Doctor No

Connery slipper to poor defenseless arachnid with questionable sound effects

BAM BAM BAM
    Haha, I love that scene! ;-)
    CA. CA. CAIRO! Not to mention the very un-Connery sounding Bond (I love how he says "shant"!)....
    Why does Connery sound so off during the opening of DAF? I always laugh (or groan) when he introduces himself to the girl in the weird sounding voice. Then right back to normal in the next line
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Why does Connery sound so off during the opening of DAF? I always laugh (or groan) when he introduces himself to the girl in the weird sounding voice. Then right back to normal in the next line
    It was dubbed in afterwards, the "Bond, James Bond" line. Check out the trailer on YouTube for the original and much better version.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited September 2011 Posts: 823
    TMWTGG when Bond kicked the Martial Arts guy while bowing.... so much for being a British Gentleman!!

and Daniel Craig putting his lips together like he is getting ready to kiss someone before every action scenes.

I can imagine Daniel thinking:

"I am supposed to be Debonair, Tough, British Secret Service Agent 007 so let me pucker my lips together and look tough for the action scenes!!"
  • When May Day opened her bedroom door with Zorin there and there was wrinkly /old/ Roger Moore in her bed. FFS If this had been a young Connery or Lazenby (or even a young Moore) this scene would have had the desired effect. As it is it's hilariously bad and one of the top "OMG" moments in the series for me.
    Osato saying: Kill him!, while Bond has hardly left the room.
  • or later: Keeel Bond, now!!!
  • When May Day opened her bedroom door with Zorin there and there was wrinkly /old/ Roger Moore in her bed. FFS If this had been a young Connery or Lazenby (or even a young Moore) this scene would have had the desired effect. As it is it's hilariously bad and one of the top "OMG" moments in the series for me.
    Yeah seriously. That whole sex scene was disturbing. And BTW back when he was younger woman loved Roger Moore. Im not sure why you think Lazenby would've been better.
  • Lazenby was the most youthful and along with Connery and Craig the most naturally virile of the Bonds. The other 3 don't quite measure up in this regard (imho) although I do acknowledge that they all have their moments and admirers.
    Blofeld to Bond in YOLT:
    "GOODBYE! MISTER! BOND!!!"
  • Most things in A View To A Kill were nearly laugh out loud, from the Eiffel Tower chase, to the Steeplechase ride at Zorins mansion all through to the Aircraft Blimp and a 57 year old Moore catching his privates on an aerial as he sails across SF on route to the embarrassment of the Golden Gate bridge finale

The Stacy Sutton elevator fire rescue was more amusing than anything else but the subsequent fire engine chase with more Moore antics somehow seemed to edge that

Haven't seen this one in a while (not I need to) but I thought Moore should of bowed out after 12 years and seven films later with a better ending than inside a steamed up shower booth with possibly the worst Bond girl in the franchise's history which happened to be young enough to be his daughter.

I always thought that end bit was a bit unsavory.

'That is not the soap' etc

:-S
  • This might seem a bit random but a scene that always gets a laugh out of me is in YOLT where Bond and the american astronuats casually walk up behind the villan astrounuats and knock them out almost in unison. It was just so casual.
  • When I first saw it I really laughed at the terrible rear-projection (or whatever it's called) in the Dr. No Car Chase. Or Goldfinger being "sucked" out of the plane in the end of Goldfinger.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I always laugh when Bond is about to enter the small passage and level the entire building in his tank, and Brosnan just makes this hilarious 'Uh-oh' face and rapidly ducks into the tank.
    Some more for me:

- The now embarrassing looking helicopter battle from You Only Live Twice. Yes, yes, I know it was 1967, but man they just not pull that one off.

- Every time Roger makes an 'Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!' That's just classic.

- In Thunderball at the Jun Canoe (is that how you spell it?) Felix is telling James 'Paula's gone!' and they have a small discussion; however, the dubbing is just plain horrendous, it makes me chuckle.

- In A View to a Kill, Bond says to Stacey, "...And you can tell them about the five million dollar pay off you received from Zorin. I saw the check." With the look Roger gives at the end of that statement he might as well have added 'b****' to the end of that line, it gets me every time I see that scene.

- I remember someone, somewhere mentioning this one: In the pre-titles sequence of Licence to Kill, Bond, Felix and his SWAT buddies disembark the helicopter but before Bond can join them, Felix says 'Stay here, James.' Cut to a constipated looking Felix and company running in slow motion to the camera. THEN cut to two random chaps, practically going, "Whaaaa?" I'm not sure what the editors were thinking with that one....
    YOLT really is a gold mine. I mean, Osato's men trying to shoot Bond in broad daylight in front of the Osato building. Way to keep a low profile.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    edited June 2013 Posts: 496
    Bonds face when he finds out Dahl Bibi is not a virgin! Wee myself everytime he's like too much information! (FYEO Roger Moore)
  • In A View To A Kill , when Bond is pulling Stacey out of the elevator on fire, you can hear Roger Moore say "God.." when he is pulling her up.