All Bond films: Unintentionally funny moments!

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Anon wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Newman's homage to David Arnold. :))

a smart sounding, but ill-fitting jibe.

Not my fault it sounds like the Bike Chase music from TND. ;)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Some of these moments were pretty clearly meant to be humorous.

One that always gets me is when Bond discovers the Leiters in LTK and yells "DELLAAA!" To me it sounds like Marlon Brando yelling "STELLLAAA!" in A Streetcar Named Desire so I always laugh.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Roger Moore "killing" the two thugs in the Harlem alley in live and let die. It was as convincing as the soldiers falling down at Fort Knox in goldfinger
  • AVTAK: The fight scene with Bond & Tibbett vs. the two guys. The bearded guy slowly & graciously lies down on the conveyor belt as Sir Rog presses the button to wrap him up. :)
    Not sure if it was supposed to be funny, but the scene when May Day drops the guy out of the blimp makes me laugh for some reason. Could be the funny look May Day makes, or just how unexpected and silly the scenario is.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    In YOLT when Bond is at the ninja training camp and there's the one that's doing some sort of weird chant.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,813
    He's swearing in Japanese because he's so offended at Bond's disguise! :D

That always made me scratch my head too.
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    Skyfall.Bond looking absolutely ridicluous in the airport scene when he is waitng for Patrice.The hat.The shades.The beard!
    I absolutely love that disguise.

• edited February 2015 Posts: 12,269
    Again not sure if they were shooting for humor or not in this part, but I always crack up when Bond finds Irma Bunt in bed instead of Ruby in OHMSS; seeing her just spring up and Bond's reaction is priceless. "Fancy meeting you here, Fraulein!!"
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    GF: Neither Bond nor Goldfinger can putt. That or they both have the worst case of the yips ever,
    TB: Derval's wicked sweaty pits when he reaches to answer the phone.
    QoS: Elvis's attempt at homosexual seduction, immediately shot down, during the Tosca scene. (What, exactly, was the purpose of that interaction?)

• FoxRox wrote: »
    Not sure if it was supposed to be funny, but the scene when May Day drops the guy out of the blimp makes me laugh for some reason. Could be the funny look May Day makes, or just how unexpected and silly the scenario is.

I've always found that part humorous as well as frightening (just the thought of being in that fella's shoes terrifies me).

Anyways, I think a lot of these people are mentioning are intentional. Some unintentional ones are obviously Moore's stunt doubles in AVTAK. Part of that film's charm in my book.
    TripAces wrote: »
    QoS: Elvis's attempt at homosexual seduction, immediately shot down, during the Tosca scene. (What, exactly, was the purpose of that interaction?)
    Was that seriously what it was supposed to be?
  • In For Your Eyes Only when the countess gets run over by the beach buggy or whatever it was.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    In For Your Eyes Only when the countess gets run over by the beach buggy or whatever it was.

I found that to be pretty grim and saddening...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I agree with TripAces, the scene with Elvis in QOS, looks very odd .
    SJK91 wrote: »

I thought so. Absolutely.
    DrGorner wrote: »

Iv only seen QOS twice.I dont remember the king of rock and roll being in it and what homosexual seduction scene are we talking about?

Iv only seen QOS twice.I dont remember the king of rock and roll being in it and what homosexual seduction scene are we talking about?

:18 second mark:

:18 second mark:

Really? That looked like one guy liked the music and the others reaction was like '' Meh ''

Lazenby being knocked out in OHMSS. When I saw the film in London the other night that scene got quite a big laugh from the audience.
    MTOwJuv.gif
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    SJK91 wrote: »

Also Elvis losing his toupee after he falls down the stairs...is it supposed to be funny? It's distracting and weird.
    DR NO- Sean's great facial expression as he shifts gears
    The loud crash of the damned coffee cup
    FRWL- Grant striking Bond across the face
    GOLDFINGER- Bond's facial expression as he's tailing Auric in Switzerland shortly before
    Tilly appears.
    THUNDERBALL- "Yesss so convenient"
    YOLT -"I LOVE YOU" to Aki
    OHMSS - "What she needs is a MAN to dominate her- to make love to her enough to
    make her love him" never fails to bring the house down.
    DAF - "My name is Bond.James Bond" seems so sped up it's unintentionally funny.
    LALD - shot of Roger rushing to the door with the foot long cigar in his mouth is
    pretty good.
    TMWTGG- "This is Sheriif JW Pepper Louisiana State POLICE. Now you call my wife at the
    Neri Hotel and tell her I'm on a mission!"
    TSWLM -'Leave it to me, Sir"
    MR - "Just trust the RAF, Sir"
    FYEO - 'Licence to kill. or BE KILLED"
    OP - Roger has some great facial expressions during his dinner with Magda.
    NSNA - Felix's jogging outfit with black socks and slip ons
    - the repetitive bass lick coming from Domino's stereo
    AVTAK - OHHROOOOO" although I suspect Roger probably did think that sound might
    have been funny anyway.
    TLD _Necros' scream as he plummets
    LTK - "Well they must've hit the FUEL LINE!!!" also Truman-Lodges' lines are pretty funny "SHHHHHHH!!!!!TT"
    GE - Bond behind the canisters in the PTS
    TND - Pierce's great facial expression when Paris says "What was it, james?" Did I get too close?"
    TWINE - Pierce's great facial expression when he says "Isn't that your motto? or did you steal it from your old friend, Renaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard?"
    DAD - Initial shot of Pierce in beard and hair.
    CR -"where upon the entire sum will be WIRED......." is pretty funny.
    QOS -the title card after the gunbarrel. Actually its not funny. It annoys me.
    SF - Silva's "bips"
    SP -Bond's little shake as he's ascending the stairs in PTS.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    CR-"where upon the entire sum will be WIRED......." is pretty funny.

That actor is really good. There are no small parts.
    echo wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    CR-"where upon the entire sum will be WIRED......." is pretty funny.

That actor is really good. There are no small parts.

He does a great job. I just love his delivery of that line.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited June 2017 Posts: 1,884
    I get some great laughs during Thunderball's finale on the boat (FYI I love Thunderball). The fake back-screen which makes the boat look like it's going Mach 1, super obvious cut between Largo's jabs at Bond and finally the "he's jammed the controls" line. Largo's limp harpooned body "jamming" the wheel is just too much for me. Why can't Bond just lift him up or at least not instantly lose all hope to peel his arms off the wheel? xD
  • I get some great laughs during Thunderball's finale on the boat (FYI I love Thunderball). The fake back-screen which makes the boat look like it's going Mach 1, super obvious cut between Largo's jabs at Bond and finally the "he's jammed the controls" line. Largo's limp harpooned body "jamming" the wheel is just too much for me. Why can't Bond just lift him up or at least not instantly lose all hope to peel his arms off the wheel? xD

I wouldn't say it makes me laugh—except for that goofy "omagaw, what we gonna do?" look Kutze gives—but the finale aboard the Volante is not Thunderball's finest moment. Fortunately, the film is ten tons of amazing up to that point and the finale itself is thankfully brief (and swiftly followed by a cracking rendition of the James Bond theme).
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Maud Adams delivery of her indignant line in Octopussy "I have no country! I have no price on my head!!!!" is hilarious, her acting is so bad!

Most of Timothy Dalton's dialogue delivery in Licence To Kill has me sniggering....
    Maud Adams delivery of her indignant line in Octopussy "I have no country! I have no price on my head!!!!" is hilarious, her acting is so bad!

It's like she's trying to make it really dramatic and passionate.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    BAIN123 wrote: »

It's like she's trying to make it really dramatic and passionate.

Yep. And fails miserably...!