Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Indiana Jones 5 reenlists the screenwriter of 'Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull', David Koepp.

https://www.cbr.com/indiana-jones-5-reenlists-spider-man-screenwriter/

I had no optimism for the project, but re-employing him pretty much kills any chance of that. Listen to what he says about it, too:

“I’m working on it again,” Koepp said. “We’re still trying. And I think we’ve got a good idea this time. We’ll see.”

The lack of confidence is telling.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 12,276
    The original trilogy was awesome as it was. I wish some things could just be left alone, but it’s always about the money.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The original trilogy was awesome as it was. I wish some things could just be left alone, but it’s always about the money.

I think they really want to tell another good tale... and get paid, of course. Old guys need to prove they still have it. Old guy talking here BTW, ;)
    It will likely get scrapped
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Indy 5 needs input from George lol

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Indiana Jones and The Sequel Nobody Wanted.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,417
    Murdock wrote: »

Unfortunately Disney know it will make them plenty of money, a Fifth film won't be the worst thing, it will be what follows that when they dilute it with a reboot etc

----
    With the de aging technology looking incredibly impressive on recent MCU films, I wonder if it will be used on Harrison Ford even if just to make him look like he did in TKOTCS
    No, I want the film. But unfortunately, it's currently Indiana Jones and the Temple of Development Hell.
    I also want to see this film get made. Right now it seems to be on track, but it wouldn't surprise me if it gets pulled.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 5,767
    Murdock wrote: »

Unfortunately Disney know it will make them plenty of money, a Fifth film won't be the worst thing, it will be what follows that when they dilute it with a reboot etc

----
    With the de aging technology looking incredibly impressive on recent MCU films, I wonder if it will be used on Harrison Ford even if just to make him look like he did in TKOTCS
    I sure hope not. It´s one thing to pull off a few awesome deaging scenes, or smooth an actor´s wrinkles for a whole movie, and a totally different thing to de-age the lead for a whole movie. The studio will act close-fisted when it comes to the two big Ts: talent (in front of the computers) and time.

I don´t get cinemablend´s logic: How does Kennedy´s claim that Ford "will be involved" shoot down the rumour once and for all that Indy will pass the baton? "Will be involved" can mean about anything.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,994
    I’ve been up for this for a long time but it is starting to get near the point where it’s not really going to be doable. I’ve no idea why Disney have dragged their heels over having Indy.

I’d rather love a TV show in the form of The Mandalorian. How good would that be? A mini Indy adventure each week making one big movie: a serial, returning it to its roots.
    mtm wrote: »
    I’ve been up for this for a long time but it is starting to get near the point where it’s not really going to be doable. I’ve no idea why Disney have dragged their heels over having Indy.

I’d rather love a TV show in the form of The Mandalorian. How good would that be? A mini Indy adventure each week making one big movie: a serial, returning it to its roots.
    What do you mean by, "returning it to its roots"? Isn´t Indy´s roots a huge blockbuster movie?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    boldfinger wrote: »

What do you mean by, "returning it to its roots"? Isn´t Indy´s roots a huge blockbuster movie?

Sure, but a huge blockbuster movie which paid tribute to the old Saturday morning cinema adventure serials of the 30s and 40s.

While that's a good example, it also illustrates why it could be so much tougher in this case in that this is based around one character - Indy - and it's a Star Wars universe, and given Indy is so linked with Ford it would be a much bigger challenge. They had The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles 30 years ago which was a quality show, but wasn't a classic by any means. I don't know anybody talks about it at all anymore.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Years ago I was up for another Indiana Jones adventure. Disney's handling of Star Wars and the fact that they are struggling to even get this going takes away almost all excitement.
    Ryan wrote: »
    Years ago I was up for another Indiana Jones adventure. Disney's handling of Star Wars and the fact that they are struggling to even get this going takes away almost all excitement.

yeah I am kind of done with Disney well everything....
    boldfinger wrote: »

Sure, but a huge blockbuster movie which paid tribute to the old Saturday morning cinema adventure serials of the 30s and 40s.
    Oh, I see :-).
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

+1
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I saw Harrison on TV the other night, and he looks incredible; if he’s had “work” done it’s masterful. Either way, Indiana Jones is not an immortal , he’s allowed to age. If they have a great story, I’m game for another film . Ford looks like he is .
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disney-reportedly-developing-ateam-movie-dave-bautista/

Disney has got to let some things go Indianna jones and reboot of the the A-team reboot
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Never trust We Got This Covered
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld

In other words you would like a return of the Young Indiana Jones series? :)

I am looking forward to a fifth one, but then I am a old guy who grew up with the three originals. I remember leaving the theatres after The Last Crusade and thought they had wrapped things up nicely. Why they did a fourth I will never know but I have a feeling that is driving them to the 5th. They don't like the way the 4th one played out. It had potential with the 50's theme and such. But Mutt and John Hurt stumbling around in the jungle undid the movie for me.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I saw Harrison on TV the other night, and he looks incredible; if he’s had “work” done it’s masterful. Either way, Indiana Jones is not an immortal , he’s allowed to age. If they have a great story, I’m game for another film . Ford looks like he is .
    He does look great and ready for it, @talos7. For the Indiana Jones character, maybe he had some help.

anigif_sub-buzz-548-1573585781-1.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

He does look great and ready for it, @talos7. For the Indiana Jones character, maybe he had some help.

anigif_sub-buzz-548-1573585781-1.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

He chose..... wisely

• RyanRyan Canada
    The problem definitely isn't Ford's aging. He looks great and Indy can easily be aged as a character. The problem is Disney's ineptness at controlling their newly acquired properties. They bite off more than they can chew.
    Hopefully Spielberg will strongly want to go out on a high note.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 5,767
    Hopefully Spielberg will strongly want to go out on a high note.
    What are you talking about? This will be the first part of a back-to-back two-parter which is the first part of a new trilogy ;-).

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    thedove wrote: »

In other words you would like a return of the Young Indiana Jones series? :)
    Ha! By no means! I actually want something exciting which feels like the films! :)

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,691
    Always glad to see Harrison Ford enjoying himself:

At almost 78 years of age, he sure looks like he has another Indy outing in him.