DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I think my coworker summed it up well when she said the Homecoming trailer showed way too much and made the film look pretty generic, and that the JL trailer was cool, but hardly memorable.

For what it's worth, I didn't think either trailer was particularly good either.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've heard that reaction to Spider-Man too, and I had the same worries. The villains don't seem great, and if they don't get that right we're not off to the races at a very effective speed.
    I gave up after four episodes, though why does Bruce look evil in this trailer :-?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Knowing that show, he'll probably end up the Joker or some shit and somebody else will end up as Batman.
    Gotham Is on Netflix toyed with the idea of watching it, though from what most say I'll be wasting my time I guess it's really that bad?
    If you didn't care for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, you might be interested in checking out this fanedit of the movie: https://reeseevans.wixsite.com/nojustice
    No Justice is a fan edit of "Batman v. Superman: Ultimate Edition" that refocuses the narrative on its central conflict between the two iconic heroes, intended to be more accessible to a wider audience.

Summary:

1 hour 46 minutes running time before credits,
    All Wonder Woman / Justice League / Doomsday / Darkseid / Kryptonian ship scenes cut,
    Batman's kill count all but eliminated,
    Less navel-gazing by Superman,
    Lex Luthor not so distracting,
    Bolder visuals.

I am thinking in particular of @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I understand you were very disappointed with Dawn of Justice. Perhaps this edit will satisfy where the original did not?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Milovy, I honestly don't have an interest in film edits. With the changes made above, I'm very wary of what the edit would even feel like. Losing Wonder Woman, one of the only good things about it, would be shame, and I have no idea how they were able to have Superman die without having Doomsday present in the movie.

I just don't intend to revisit the movie period. I may give one final watch of it before I see Justice League, but that's not a thing I'll promise to myself.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Fair enough. Just thought of you when I saw the edit.

From what I understand, Superman doesn't die at all in the edit.
    @fire_and_ice , I went straight to it, without reading any of the comments or reviews about the show and I had very low expectations and I ended up liking this take of the mythos.

Granted, I've only seen the first two seasons, because s3 isn't on netflix yet.
    Milovy wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Fair enough. Just thought of you when I saw the edit.

From what I understand, Superman doesn't die at all in the edit.

They'll be in a tough spot if they ever want to do an edit of Justice League continuing on from their ending, considering that he's going to be "dead" for most of that film.
    The edit isn't in continuity with any of the upcoming DCEU - all explained in the link in my first post.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    He said it'll be difficult if they do an edit of Justice League in the future. I like looking up fan edits. There are some I'd love to watch if I could find them.
    Honestly the only fan edit I'd want to see for anything is a color-corrected print of SP, as I think that edit would really add to the movie. It also wouldn't change the film as drastically as most edits do, which rip whole scenes and characters from the runtime of the picture.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Add a new music score and I'll join you on that one Brady. ;)
    SharkBait wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice , I went straight to it, without reading any of the comments or reviews about the show and I had very low expectations and I ended up liking this take of the mythos.

Granted, I've only seen the first two seasons, because s3 isn't on netflix yet.

I'll pick up where I left off when my watchlist cuts down, I'll give it another go... Cheers

@fire_and_ice, it's been well documented, but even my supreme devotion to Batman couldn't get me through Gotham past the first season and three episodes of the second. I started hopeful, but the premise of the show is far too restrictive, amongst heaps of other issues. It'd be like having a show where Bond faces minor threats before he becomes a man with all his resources, gadgets, skill sets, etc. You want nothing more than to just see Batman, but the show is framed such that it can never happen. It's destined to be a disappointing show.

Smallville was able to work far better because Clark was older and could be the hero he needed to be at all times, despite being out of the costume. Bruce on the other hand needs the training and suit to be the hero he needs to be, and I don't think the show will give us that.

I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been canned yet. I thought it would only get a third season through miracles alone.
    @Brady I have about ten shows I am currently watching that finish soon so will have a window, I'll give Gotham a go whether I'll stick with it is doubtful from what I read. I feel they should have jumped several years to see Bruce at a age prior to becoming the Bat.
    @fire_and_ice, if you can tolerate Fish Mooney you may be okay, but if you can't, you're in for a slog.

I just wish they did a show that was a mix of Batman: Year One and Gotham Central that equally balanced episodes with the experiences of a rookie Gordon and Bruce as they both rise to be the to biggest protectors of their city, one through the law and the other through the mask of vigilantism. It would've allowed the show to give us our heroes as they should be while giving us our favorite villain's too. It could also tackle greater ideas of morality, justice and heroism through the stories, in addition to exploring themes like chaos, fear, lust, duality, identity crisis and more through each villain's story.

I just don't think there's writers circling WB that could handle that tall order.
  • Is WB seriously giving us the famous Apokolips Now storyline? along with Resurrection of the Superman (maybe even featuring Batman's transformation into DoomKnight and the parasurfing demons??) I am seriously jizzing everywhere just thinking about this I hope we get to see the Lost Kingdom of Atlantea and the Seven Stones of Hade's too(maybe in postcredits) but I am not holding my breathe (actually I did forget to breath for a bit there)What a time to be alive and a comics fan

Also I feel pretty good about Injustice Murderverse Superman(never liked the character and hes basically a god. We all know it's more interesting if he's bad)

NEup41VWUmlZyw_1_b.jpg

Superman has yet to be truly good in these movies, I'd rather he just got on with doing a Reeve and became someone to love.
    Henry's audition- how cool!

Cavill-Reeve-Superman-Costume.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&ssl=1&w=800
    Looks like Dean Cain's suit a bit!
    It may have been.
    Do we know what time he auditioned? Why do I think I once read it was 2011?
    The movie came out in 2013 so 2011 is definitely likely
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Not much, but Ciaran Hinds gives a few details about Steppenwolf.
    “He’s old, tired, still trying to get out of his own enslavement to Darkseid, [but] he has to keep on this line to try and take over worlds.”

http://batman-news.com/2017/04/05/ciaran-hinds-steppenwolf-justice-league-new-details/
    Sounds good as it gives Steppenwolf depth immediately

They need to be careful, as ambition is going to end up killing them somewhere along the line. I'm especially worried for the solo film, and how they are apparently trying to throw all the rogues gallery at it (something Ben apparently wanted at the start too).

I hope the rumor of The Long Halloween animated film is true, and that we'll get a proper R rating for it that is used correctly, instead of as an incentive for WB to remain in the headlines. That story deserves to be told the right way, but I worry that it won't be, just as I worry that the animation will be as bad as it was for The Killing Joke. The WB movies never really strive to be wonderfully animated with real life to them, and that's a shame, as they waste these properties on weak efforts.