DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• This doesn't sound good. Here's to hoping it had a decent enough flow
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The DCEU might as well be the Batman Cinematic Extended Universe at this point. BvS, Suicide Squad, Justice League, Gotham City Sirens, Batman solo movie, Nightwing movie, Batgirl...damn.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    also who is to say they won't do the Killing Joke arc down the line.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, but like you said, maybe sometime down the line. I'm not sure if WB would want to introduce a new female hero and then have wheelchair bound by the end of her first film.
    sigh WHAT.... ok I just dam it WB now I have to admit Doubleego is right and DC?WB have no clue what they are doing.... dam you WB

Sigh I will publically admit defeat and wish upon a star one day the dc universe will work.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    sigh WHAT.... ok I just dam it WB now I have to admit Doubleego is right and DC?WB have no clue what they are doing.... dam you WB

Sigh I will publically admit defeat and wish upon a star one day the dc universe will work.

Holy drama queen, Batman!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Everybody wants the DC universe to work except, ironically, WB/DC.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A 2 hour and 50 minute run time? Wow. If that makes it to theatrical, it should far and away be the longest superhero film ever. It has a chance to be an epic, but will it use its time effectively or waste it like BvS' 3 hours?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Didn’t WB release a statement that the 170 minute runtime wasn't set in stone yet?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Knowing them, they'll get their worst editors to chop it to shreds, starting by removing all the important scenes that deal with character development and leaving all the action. How else would they then get to release a shoddy extended cut of the movie five months after its critical bomb in theaters?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 1,257
    Didn’t WB release a statement that the 170 minute runtime wasn't set in stone yet?

I don't remember seeing anything like that from WB.

But if we all put on our critical thinking caps for a moment...

Do we really expect a film that's 7 1/2 months away have to a runtime that's "set in stone" already?
    Honestly, the immediate goal the team should be working towards is getting a cut of the film both the cast and crew and Warner execs are happy with, then have the effects team go in and hone what CGI is present like mad, as it needs a lot of work.

I just hope WB learn their lesson (don't laugh) and just let the damn movie be as long as it needs to be. It's a big film and it needs that length to avoid a similar BvS fallout which was born out of people feeling that important content was snipped away, because it totally was. In a world where R-rated superhero films are making as much or more profit as the PG and PG-13 films in the genre, we can get a goddamn three hour Justice League film.
  • http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-runtime-snyder/

Snyder dismissed rumors about the runtime.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Batgirl, jeses. I am very skeptic.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432

JL with Justice League Unlimited theme.

This works quite well...
    That was an annoying piece of music.
    That was an annoying piece of music.

Theme is more sentiment, it was a great show.

• That was an annoying piece of music.

Theme is more sentiment, it was a great show.

It was a great show. It's what got me into DC comics. I remember being 9 and watching it.
    Holy shit- this actually seems plausible!

17629953_107370443140822_6285196080853661805_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d718ad205df37949597f761c11bd3bf1&oe=595E1536

Whether it happens or not, it is a good chance we'll at least see Flash go back in time to warn Bruce.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Agree Flash used the speed force in BvS anything is possible, I have a theory regarding a possible soft reboot... Flashpoint paradox is a major course correction tool for DC.
    What is it with Barry Allen? Does he use amphetamine?
    @Master_Dahark, brilliant.

One of the things these movies still has me anticipating is if they'll really follow up with Flash revisiting Bruce. I just don't know when it'd happen. The only way I see it is if Darkseid uses a resurrected Superman as his tool (brainwashed) and has him go after the League, but that wouldn't even make sense because what drives Superman to madness is supposed to be Lois' death. And apparently he blames Batman for it.

I dunno how any of it could tie together. It could be a mess.

Speed force explained.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not sure if I trust Snyder to execute this properly. If poorly handled even remotely...*takes deep breath and shakes head*
    Time travel is always a horrible device to play with. I can't name many films that deal with it even close to successfully, and even when they do, it all comes off as too bonkers anyway. But maybe that's just down to my sensibilities.

That article brought the biggest smile to my face.

For all that the internet takes away, it also gives such great gifts. I am proud to live in a world where two of our past Batmans can swap pleasant messages to each other through the beauty of the internet, laugh about how Batman they both are and then suggest that they and the other Batmans cameo in a Batman film to be killed by the new Batman.

THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT.

For all that the internet takes away, it also gives such great gifts. I am proud to live in a world where two of our past Batmans can swap pleasant messages to each other through the beauty of the internet, laugh about how Batman they both are and then suggest that they and the other Batmans cameo in a Batman film to be killed by the new Batman.

It made me chuckle in a world of great cynicism it's refreshing to see a couple of Legends have a bit of laugh, though Val has probably story boarded the idea. ;)) I would love to see all the Batman's on a Infinite Crisis sketch on something like SNL.

It made me chuckle in a world of great cynicism it's refreshing to see a couple of Legends have a bit of laugh, though Val has probably story boarded the idea. ;)) I would love to see all the Batman's on a Infinite Crisis sketch on something like SNL.

Yeah, that'd be hilarious. Adam's Batman would be running around in circles trying to get rid of a bomb, and the other Batmen would be desperately trying to understand the instructions to diffuse it, being read by an unintelligible Bale Batman.

Bale: "Raaaa ra rowl. Rowl! Rawr rar rawr!"

Keaton: "What's that mean?!?!"

Clooney: "I think I heard, 'Pull the red wire' somewhere in there."

Kilmer: "Christ, I thought he was doing an impression of a dog."

West: "AHHHHHHHHHH!"

*BOOM*
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    :))

Found this it's brief though quality...

giphy.gif
    :))
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    http://screenrant.com/dceu-heart-humor-heroics-wonder-woman-justice-league/

Disagreeing with Geoff Johns at my peril here but I think we've already got heart, and we don't need humour. We just need the heroics.