DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, absolutely. DC and Warner have time to right the ship, and as you said, Marvel started out with the great Iron Man, but followed that up with the average Iron Man 2 and Hulk, so it's not game over yet. I think people forget now with all of Disney and Marvel's billion dollar successes that they started out rough just as DC and Warner have, though mileage varies a bit for both examples as the times and conditions are different. Still, the main concept is there of studios working to build their universes gradually before reaching real success. DC and Warner are at this point now, and I think their identity crisis will be over soon.

They just need consistent wins and some good box office numbers, which I hope WW and JL will give them. With Johns on hand, who loves and knows these characters like they're his family, I have high hopes in what is coming, especially with the Batman and Superman solo movies, the two I'm most looking forward to, especially the latter. I have the Nolan films for a Batman fix, but Superman deserves equal films to shine, and Cavill deserves to be the hero he has been destined to play!
  • Agree I like Cavil and it's obvious he has personality not yet exploited fully, hopefully a few films down the line DC's earlier attempts will be looked at more favourably. I think DC have a long game even as a hardcore DC fan I can see myself they have rushed things, they need to concentrate on themselves and not be preoccupied with catching upto Marvel. Pre Iron Man Marvel were not so successful, pre Man of Steel DC did well I like Marvel though DC is my childhood and has so much more potential IMO.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    For anyone interested in watching great DC animated films check these out...14264845_1110155939078038_512182086319732881_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=4900004e5cfe21eff01012628eddc5e7&oe=58807321

The Killing Joke is awesome, save the opening Batgirl section that has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the movie.
  • I fast forward the first act once it gets into the source material Conroy and Hamil especially give a tour de force.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, I believe that not long before Marvel kickstarted their MCU, they were near bankrupt. Crazy to see how things have changed, or can change.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    They could have at least given us a greater tie between the two sections
    by making Paris Franz the guy who the Joker leaves in his place.

The 40 minutes that adapt The Killing Joke are excellent, and Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy are once again in top form. Even Tara Strong is back in shape as Batgirl, it's just that her section of the film is unnecessary and redundant because in the end, she serves the exact same purpose in the film as she does in the comic.
    I don't know why they didn't just make a Joker scheme for Batman and Batgirl to foil, and you could maybe have Barbara's identity accidentally revealed at the end of it, which later drives Joker to come to her doorstep seeking revenge against Batman.

The issue with that though is it takes away the genius fact that by going after Gordon in the comic, Joker inadvertently also gets at Batman by taking Barbara out of the game with a bullet.

I wish DC just gave us the story as is, and maybe added some moments in between (ten minutes worth or so) to flesh out/improve upon a story point, give Joker more time to shine or to simply emphasize the themes of the overall story itself instead of making a Joker story one about Barbara, where she actually comes off as a whiny, immature child and not a strong, assured and sympathetic woman as intended.

I don't know why, but Bruce Timm also has a serious and unrestrained fetish for Bruce and Barbara doing the dirty with one another, and each time he plays with the idea or implies it, it's made all the more creepy. Save it for the fan fiction community, I say.
  • Not knocking the new guy, but this made me laugh!

14238275_635983166562090_471267372687862394_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b403b7153e3ad5982fc397d708f88dd2&oe=5877CCA7
    @Master_Dahark, haha, ouch.

I wonder how much that CW Superman actor has been called something to the effect of "Budget Cavill" across the internet. Poor fellow. ;)

I hope he surprises people in the role, at the very least.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    While Supes has never been a real favourite of mine I find it deplorable that we now have gotten 4? different Superman actors in just one decade. WHY?

That will not help Supes get any more fans.
    @BondJasonBond006, variety is the spice of life. ;)
    @BondJasonBond006, variety is the spice of life. ;)

That may be true but I could do (it) with Tom Welling all my life.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 4,813
    That may be true but I could do (it) with Tom Welling all my life.
    It would have been cool to have Tom Welling in costume on Supergirl; the poor bastard played Clark for what, 10 seasons?
    I'm looking forward to seeing Superman on the small screen either way though. His costume is very close to the 'New 52' look, and everyone says his mannerisms are much closer to Reeve than Cavill.

14264963_1811166405796443_5193608272357822335_n.jpg?oh=4af17b5dd5dfbc6ca77a7d51cfd3417b&oe=58757159

To be honest I'd love Henry Cavill to cameo on the show, in his costume, instead. But, just like we have Grant Gustin & Ezra Miller as The Flash, for whatever legal reason they have to keep TV and movies separate.

BTW Supergirl has shown up on Netflix so I'll finally get a chance to watch it!

• Super pot holes, Krytonians really do mess up the streets.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 4,813
    Here's a close look at Batman's new suit from Justice League. Looks like a mix between BvS & The Dark Knight, which is cool. But I have to admit, I'm a bit irked; the BvS one was SO PERFECT, and they just couldn't leave well enough alone. Gotta sell toys I guess.

I would imagine this suit is for a special operation- with the lenses and everything.

CsVYeQbWcAA_pgh.jpg
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Saw that a few minutes ago. Zack Snyder tweeted it bring the "Tactical" suit. Looks similar to the one in the Arkham Knight game. Looks good.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Here's a brighter look at it:

original.jpg?w=800&h
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The goggles make him look like nite-owl. The mask kind of looks terrible but the rest, I like.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    The goggles make him look like nite-owl.
    Agreed- and for that reason I hope this outfit is 'mission specific' and the lenses are only going to be used in one scene.

Maybe something like the end of Batman Forever ("Please! You're as blind as a bat!" "Exactly.")

Or better yet, they could be for some sort of crime scene investigation- to see things that can't otherwise be seen? Worlds Greatest Detective and all ;)

If only Batman had those detective tools when he thought the White Portuguese was a person, and not a boat in BvS. Apparently Google doesn't exist in Snyder's universe. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MD, agree bout the batsuit in BvS. Best ever. So far.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I'm typically not a fan of the armored look but I actually think this suit looks pretty good so far. The goggles are a bit goofy looking but when I consider the possibility that they're more of a gadget than a permanent part of the Batsuit, then I'm fine with them.
    I couldn't care less about the Batflecksuit at this moment. What I want is a movie that is at least as good as Batman Begins, TDK or the Burton Batsy. If the suit looks cool too that is a bonus.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I couldn't care less about the Batflecksuit at this moment. What I want is a movie that is at least as good as Batman Begins, TDK or the Burton Batsy. If the suit looks cool too that is a bonus.
    I'm afraid this is highly unlikely at this point, even optimistically speaking. At best, we'll be lucky to get something better than BvS & MoS.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm afraid this is highly unlikely at this point, even optimistically speaking. At best, we'll be lucky to get something better than BvS & MoS.

That's just depressing. But I'm afraid you could be right.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    bondjames wrote: »

That's just depressing. But I'm afraid you could be right.

It may be right - at least until "The Batman" comes along anyway.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Those damn goggles.
  • nite-owl-600x480.jpg

Very similar to Nite Owl, not sure about this suit yet.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So Batman loves Watchmen. He has good taste.
    So Batman loves Watchmen. He has good taste.

Explains the killing. ;)

Imagine a scene in Justice League where the team confronts Batman on why he used to take lives, and he's there by his Batwing after doing repairs, flicking through the graphic novel. "This, guys? This novel right here is why I killed. Rorschach is so f@#$ing cool. Look at how he jams a cleaver into this guy's cranium! The little bastard hurt a little girl-he deserved it."

Best not to give Snyder ideas, however.