DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wonder if he looked at the Comedian and thought the man looked a little too much like his father...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The DC cinematic universe is turning into Watchmen 2.0. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wonder if he looked at the Comedian and thought the man looked a little too much like his father...

[Batman looks from the comics page to a painting of Thomas on the manor wall]

"Daddy?!"

There's also this:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/72/03/9c7203c6978a274b77c9281e73896936.jpg
  • tumblr_nh8aidV7WG1rei3gfo2_r1_500.gif

Foreshadowing in Man of Steel, these films get too much stick.
  • COOL! Remember The Flash's quick cameo in Batman V Superman?

Here's the whole thing (as well as an unused Cyborg design). I wonder if his suit will eventually look like that, or if it's just his special 'time travel suit'?

Csjr1-8WYAACxXz.jpg
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited September 2016 Posts: 4,151
    Snyder shows off a first image of Commissioner Gordon...

justice-league-movie-bat-signal-gordon.jpeg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Cool
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Love the Gordon image.
    COOL! Remember The Flash's quick cameo in Batman V Superman?

Here's the whole thing (as well as an unused Cyborg design). I wonder if his suit will eventually look like that, or if it's just his special 'time travel suit'?

Csjr1-8WYAACxXz.jpg

Good spot maybe a battle suit if The Flash has come from war torn future earth.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2016 Posts: 28,694

Wow! It's like that image jumped right off the comic book page.

Simmons' take reminds me of Tim Sale's Gordon, which is my second favorite Gordon next to David Mazzucchelli's.

9127902683869b7c92f804c6fbc48c3c.jpg

tumblr_ml7e6ivj9U1qeeerco7_1280.jpg

Lookin' smoooooooth.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Wow! It's like that image jumped right off the comic book page.

Simmons' take reminds me of Tim Sale's Gordon, which is my second favorite Gordon next to David Mazzucchelli's.

9127902683869b7c92f804c6fbc48c3c.jpg

tumblr_ml7e6ivj9U1qeeerco7_1280.jpg

Lookin' smoooooooth.

I agree. He looks great. I wonder how Gordon exactly fits in to the Justice League film, though? Will it be just a glorified cameo, most likely at the beginning of the film?

• I'd guess they're setting him up with a quick cameo in JL, so when the solo Bat movie comes out he'll be established already.
    I suspect it'll be connected to Deathstroke somehow? Maybe Batman meets him to get intel and get introduced by Gordon's files to contract killings in the city?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm thinking that the movie will open with Batman being called upon by Gordon because of some weird shit that the Gotham PD discovered. This leads Batman to Steppenwolf and the creation of the League. Then he might show up at the end (likely a post-credits scene) to set up the solo Batman film.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes Says DC Films Have Room for Improvement

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/768653-warner-ceo-jeff-bewkes-says-dc-films-have-room-for-improvement#LrEIyLZBZj8C9HxL.99

This has been a rocky year for DC Films, with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice underperforming against expectations (though still earning $873 million worldwide) and tanking with critics, Seth Grahame-Smith having been replaced by Rick Famuyiwa as The Flash director, Ben Affleck taking on an executive producer role on Warner Bros.‘ upcoming Justice League, producer Chuck Roven’s involvement being diminished, and executive VP Jon Berg and DC CCO Geoff Johns taking the reigns of co-running the DC Films banner. Suicide Squad tanked harder with critics than BvS did (though it has made a tidy profit at the box office with $720 million worldwide so far), which led Time Warner chairman-CEO Jeff Bewkes (via Variety) to tell shareholders today that the company is very aware they have a problem on their hands.

"We do think there’s a little room for improvement,” Bewkes said. “We can do a little bit better on the creative. The DC Comics characters have a little more lightness in them than maybe what you saw in those movies, so we’re thinking about that.”

Sounds like the “little” course correction we expected after the grim and in-your-face nihilism of all three films released so far. The general rumor mill has it that Zack Snyder was put on a much tighter leash this time around on Justice League, which was changed from a two-part movie to a single film (with a sequel still scheduled for June 2019). The Comic-Con trailer showcased a much lighter, more Marvel-like tone, as did the colorful Wonder Woman trailer. This didn’t stop word that James Wan’s Aquaman was still facing script troubles, with Wan possibly considering abandoning the project altogether. Nevertheless, Bewkes is standing steadfast that one of the most valuable IPs in Hollywood is — despite naysayers — right where it needs to be.

“The strategy worked,” Bewkes said. “The execution did deliver what we wanted to do. We’re right on course or better. The main thing was to launch DC and reinvigorate it with the fan base. The reboot of Batman with Ben Affleck was a big success.”

Time will tell whether Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman (June 2, 2017) and Zack Snyder’s Justice League (November 17, 2017) will be steps forward or back for the DC Extended Universe, but it seems like audiences are still rooting for the good guys to have a win.

Another admission of their lack. Mitigating the severity of their foul ups isn't going to wash. Their "little room for improvement" is a tremendous understatement but it's good to actually hear the CEO speak on the matter. Tsujihara better start updating his CV regardless.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited September 2016 Posts: 1,257
    All this talk about a tonal shift worries me. I don't think a lack of "lightness" is the issue here, in fact, I don't think these films in general are as dark as people make them out to be. I think it just comes down to some poor creative decisions and inaccurate characterization.
    Who can forget these insightful words from the "visionary mind" of Zack Snyder:

http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17...-zack-snyder/2

"The average movie audience has seen — well, I can’t even count the amount of superhero movies. Fantastic Four, X-Men, Superman, Spider-Man. The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too! We’re on our second Hulk movie. And Iron Man — $300 million domestic box office on a second tier superhero! And not to demean Iron Man — my point is that we all know about superheroes now. I can ask my mother, ”Mom, when the Hulk isn’t the Hulk, who is he?” ”Bruce Banner. Why? What a weird question.” I could ask her, ”What happened to Bruce Wayne’s parents?” ”They were killed at an opera.” You’re getting to that saturation level where superhero movies, it’s hard for them to figure out what more to do."

WB must have been on crack when they made this clown head of the DCEU and now look at their situation. Urgh.
    They could have had George Miller. They coulda had it all!
    Supes and some children posing around JL cutouts.

14350747_927501700710912_5635547647029805056_n.jpg
    Is it just me or does the suit seem brighter?

This is part of what makes Henry a perfect person to play Superman. He works really well with kids and it shows.
    Wonder Woman's skin also looks a semi-shade darker, so it could just be the color of the cut outs.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Is it just me or does the suit seem brighter?

This is part of what makes Henry a perfect person to play Superman. He works really well with kids and it shows.

Henry, I think, will eventually be looked upon kindly in the role. I'm very much looking forward to a second solo film with him. I think he's a great Supes and has done well so far, all things considered.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, when Henry is given the material, he shines. He was beautiful in MoS but was given nothing to do in BvS, with barely 40 lines for crying out loud.

He just needs a proper shot, and he could be the perfect Superman. He's got the build, the looks, the innocence in the eyes, the kindly presence, the warm smile, all of it.
  • 14479741_1814268835519527_3184445231400884404_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=a0ddec85722e173243aee2fa143cae21&oe=586E247C

:-O
    There is a mill in arkham? :-?

No, but there's trouble.
    Interesting...
    Time Warner CEO Offers Timetable for Solo Batman Movie

"Ben announced a Batman movie [that] he’s going to direct, star, write for – I think it’s a year and a half out.”

What remains unclear about this is if Bewkes is referring to a production start date for the film as being “a year and a half out” or the film’s release date. Eighteen months from now is close to March 16, 2018, which was the release date believed to be set for The Flash, to be followed by Aquaman on July 27, 2018. Warner Bros. does have two release dates set for Untitled DC movies on both October 5, 2018 and November 1, 2019, either of which could belong to solo Batman movie, though in order to hit either release date production would need to begin at least a year prior to its debut.

However, Affleck has previously stated he doesn’t want to begin production on the film until the script, which he co-wrote alongside DC Entertainment President Geoff Johns, was in proper shape. It stands to reason that production isn’t that far out as casting has already begun with the recent confirmation that Joe Manganiello would play the assassin Deathstroke in the film. For the time being though, and like The Batman himself, it remains a mystery. Check back here for more information on the solo Batman movie as we learn it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/770053-time-warner-ceo-offers-timetable-for-solo-batman-movie#G06mfOv1JkACe8u5.99

• edited September 2016 Posts: 6,432

This is dare I say hopefull in tone.
    Meh
    Now that's the way to do Superman ! Too bad it's going to be a long time before I can see even the first season.