DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looks like Joe Manganiello maybe Deathstroke!
    Wait really I like it
    Just seen the Deathstroke tease on FB, would be a good adversary for a Batman solo movie. Sorry to Joker fans, though I think a few other D.C. villains should be looked at right now.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Ranking the Jokers:

1 Heath Ledger
    2 Jack Nicholson
    3 Jared Leto

You forgot Mark Hamill.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Where's what Joe had to say last year:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Joe-Manganiello-Says-Everyone-Wrong-About-Suicide-Squad-70800.html

I don't think it's him. If the video quality of the footage was better we could get on comparing the eyes of the guy in the suit with actors rumored to be circling roles in the DCEU. Other than that, we've got nothing.

As for Deathstroke being the main villain of the Batman solo, where did that confirmation come from? I don't see that being true, because Slade isn't a scheming type of guy. All his conflicts are based on contracts or his work with the Suicide Squad, which by itself is its own contract. I don't see how he'd be a major force for Batman to face that could make him able to lead the film, as he only works as a very situational, brief challenge. What's the movie going to be? Just two hours of him and Batman meeting, fighting, then being close to defeating each other before something happens to interrupt the fight, causing them to flee?

Glad it's not Joker, at least.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Apparently Manganiello just recently followed Ayer and Snyder on Twitter. This has been a halfway decent indicator of one's involvement in the DCEU so far. That's how Flash director Rick Famuyiwa was first rumored to have involvement in this universe.
    The truth is we could have a good noir esque plot basically taking the Bruce Wayne Murderer/fugitive storyline tweaking it and there you go.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Risico007, I remember reading one of the mid issues of that fugitive story line when I was a boy, but can't recall the overall story. Care to fill me in and why you think it'd be a good fit? I know there was a big fight between Bruce and Dick at one point.
    Well I am just spitballing here.

There are only two stories I can think that could be adapted here and they both fall in the same line of Deathstroke being hired by someone to kill batman/bruce Wayne

The reason I like the murder story line for the film is while Arkham Origins could work the idea of black mask suddenly being the joker annoys me.

Anyways long story short if I remember correctly Luthor hires Deathstroke to kill Vesper Fairchild (Bruce's gf) intially Bruce just escapes jail and could care less as he just wants to be batman forever. Nightwing and others talk him into solving the murder he does and Deathstroke winds up getting arrested and tries to be murdered by Deadshot.

Over all I think considering how you and few other complained about Batman brutality having someone like Deathstroke and a story like Bruce Wayne Murder showing batman basically regain his humanity would (if done correctly) silence the critics of Affleck's batman and show he is more then we'll the punisher in a bat suit plus it could give Eisenberg more to work with and show he can be classic lex with the right direction.
    @Risico007, what would you think about an Arkham Origins esque plot involving a massive hit being placed on Batman from one baddie, calling on the likes of Deathstroke and other prominent assassins to come for him for a big cash prize? It'd be an interesting way to introduce some prime villains in the DCEU, at the very least, and give plenty of opportunities to showcase some crazy fisticuffs with Batman and his enemies.

I'm curious now if Ayer wants Deathstroke in the Suicide Squad sequel, as he was apparently close to be written in as Waller's bodyguard in #1. If the Batman solo comes before SS 2, that movie could set up Slade being put back behind bars, and the film could end like Arkham Origins, showing a post-credits scene of Waller recruiting him for a new Suicide Squad team.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Ranking the Jokers:

1. Jack Nicholson
    2. Mark Hamill
    3. Cesar Romero
    4. Kevin Michael Richardson
    5. Jeff Bennett
    6. Heath Ledger
    7. Jared Leto
    @Risico007, what would you think about an Arkham Origins esque plot involving a massive hit being placed on Batman from one baddie, calling on the likes of Deathstroke and other prominent assassins to come for him for a big cash prize? It'd be an interesting way to introduce some prime villains in the DCEU, at the very least, and give plenty of opportunities to showcase some crazy fisticuffs with Batman and his enemies.

I'm curious now if Ayer wants Deathstroke in the Suicide Squad sequel, as he was apparently close to be written in as Waller's bodyguard in #1. If the Batman solo comes before SS 2, that movie could set up Slade being put back behind bars, and the film could end like Arkham Origins, showing a post-credits scene of Waller recruiting him for a new Suicide Squad team.

I wouldn't mind origins so long as the whole plot twist in the game is NOT included in the film

Brady you think your mad at DC for Batman v Superman .... i was angry for weeks after seeing the moronic plot twist in origins.
    @Risico007, I agree entirely. I was looking forward to seeing Black Mask front of center, but then what happened was what always freaking happens in Batman plots these days, and I was disappointed, though not as much as you. Hopefully he only plays a small role in the Batman solo, though I doubt that'll be true, considering the history they have together, and the trauma he caused Bruce.
    Meanwhile, on the CW :

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, why can't the Arrowverse people make the movies? They understand the characters and know the perfect balance of realism and comic book-ness needed to bring them to us the right way.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 6,432
    And Deathstroke is the main villain possibly so I am quite happy
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    And Deathstroke is the main villain possibly so I am quite happy

If Martha Kents rescue from the warehouse is anything to go by in Bvs, Bats and Slade are going to have some pretty awesome confrontations.

Am I the only one who'd rather have Ron Perlman playing Deathstroke?

On another note, Thank you DCEU for robbing the Arrowverse of another character that they did excellently.
    I think this is all rather encouraging.

Manganiello is great casting-he's got the eyes and will look great with an eye patch, aside from the great physicality he possesses.

All this makes me feel very positive about the direction these films may be taking:

http://batman-news.com/2016/09/08/geoff-johns-dc-films-co-head-interview/

http://batman-news.com/2016/05/25/geoff-johns-ben-affleck-batman-script/

Especially this:
    http://batman-news.com/2016/09/08/justice-league-will-address-batman-killing/

Johns seems right on the money with what his vision for these films should and will be, and having him on hand to steer these movies into port instead of a bunch of bean counters is extremely reassuring. I think WB and DC are finally on the path to improvement. Hopefully Wonder Woman signals the first big sign that they're in this to impress.
  • If Martha Kents rescue from the warehouse is anything to go by in Bvs, Bats and Slade are going to have some pretty awesome confrontations.

Expect lots of THIS:

25EBC23EBB5BFF50F4924DCF88072C8ED0649ABB

Haha, thought you guys would get a kick out of this clever little take on the BvS warehouse fight:

• edited September 2016 Posts: 6,432
    If Martha Kents rescue from the warehouse is anything to go by in Bvs, Bats and Slade are going to have some pretty awesome confrontations.

Expect lots of THIS:

25EBC23EBB5BFF50F4924DCF88072C8ED0649ABB
    Yeah man! Which Arkham game is that?

That's quality @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 the XP made me laugh.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Impressive.
  • Yeah man! Which Arkham game is that?
    Arkham Origins- and no matter how patient you may be, that part of the game WILL make you swear like a sailor!!!
    Arkham Origins- and no matter how patient you may be, that part of the game WILL make you swear like a sailor!!!

Ha ha I am ashamed to admit I have only played the first Arkham game.

I'm a bit worried here.

Deathstroke's a cool character and will assist in some great action scenes, btw, that Arkham Origins fght clip above was directed by the director of the Deadpool movie; however Joe Manganiello isn't exactly an actor that inspires much confidence; but we'll see.

This article is worth checking out:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/warner-bros-s-new-strategy-on-dc-lighten-up-superheroes-1473350000
    Yeah man! Which Arkham game is that?

@fire_and_ice, being the Batman fan you are, they are must plays. City and Knight are two of the greatest Batman simulators masquerading as video games that we will ever have.

@fire_and_ice, being the Batman fan you are, they are must plays. City and Knight are two of the greatest Batman simulators masquerading as video games that we will ever have.
    I am hit and miss with gaming I can go several months not playing anything, I'll get Knight on Xbox One I have almost bought it a few times.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 11,139
    As the previous link requires a subscription here's the main part...

Geoff Johns Talks Justice League Adjustments, Film Will Address Deadly Bat-Behaviour

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, DC Entertainment President Geoff Johns opened up about the changes coming to the cinematic DCEU and how the optimism the production is aiming for with Justice League isn’t out of the ordinary for the DC characters.

"Mistakenly in the past I think the studio has said, ‘Oh, DC films are gritty and dark and that’s what makes them different.’ That couldn’t be more wrong,” Johns said. “It’s a hopeful and optimistic view of life. Even Batman has a glimmer of that in him. If he didn’t think he’d make tomorrow better, he’d stop.”

The outlet reports that following fan reactions to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the time table for “hope and optimism” was accelerated for the heroes’ next big adventure.

They also reveal that Justice League will address one of the major fan complaints from the film, Batman’s default mode of extreme violence and the attempted murder of Superman. In addition, they say the film will have fewer of Zack Snyder’s “controversial flourishes” like the apocalyptic dream sequence from Dawn of Justice and will focus on the actual plot of the film at hand.

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot will be reprising their roles as the DC Trinity, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in Warner Bros.‘ Justice League, and joining them are Jason Mamoa as Aquaman, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, and Ezra Miller as The Flash. Amber Heard is set to play Queen Mera in the film as well before moving to the solo Aquaman movie in 2018, with Willem Dafoe appearing as Atlantean Vulko, and J.K. Simmons playing Commissioner Gordon.

Directed by Zack Snyder (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice), Justice League will debut in theaters on November 10, 2017.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/764873-geoff-johns-talks-justice-league-adjustments-film-will-address-deadly-bat-behavior#uy6ZjEJyLYiGl3Wl.99

This is very interesting and again very worrying. They seem to be making the same mistakes all over again which is, taking a very reactionary approach in trying to "fix" the problems plaguing these movies.

BvS reacted to the collateral destruction of MoS and ended up making an even bigger dogs dinner of things and what's even more, they've just essentially admitted that BvS was garbage and that they plan on neutering Snyder's style. That in itself is problematic. Sure, reigning in Snyder's bull crap is a good thing but the man is who he is and making this the Snyderverse in the first place was asinine; and now they're trying to force him to be the sort of director he isn't and isn't capable of being.

As for Batman’s restored faith in humanity, that sounds so insincere. These clowns need to know it's possible to be dark and gritty and yet retain hope and moral fibre; this was something Nolan was able to do with TDK. Now it seems we're going to get another film that yet again addresses fan complaints and the problems of the previous instalment (BvS) instead of the focus being on telling a great story with an even tone and getting the characters right.

On a related note, this puts things into a little perspective.

Summer-2016-Biggest-Winners-Bloomberg.jpg

Disney are absolutely killing it with those high profit numbers.