DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    SS is still doing reasonably well at the US box office.

When comparing the daily grosses since release with BvS, it has had several days when it has surpassed the prior film's gross, which is quite something given that BvS had DC's biggest stars in it. Perhaps the marketplace is less competitive now in comparison to spring, but still, it's not bad going.

In comparison to GoG, it's running about $40m ahead as of now, but has lost every day since about the 2nd week and so the gap is closing quickly (GoG didn't have as strong of an opening, but had tremendous 'legs').
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The funny thing is that SS has had way more competition at cinemas than BvS ever had.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Do you think Daniel Craig would consider joining the DC Universe? I'd say he is a decent candidate for Constantine.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd say no, though if he had to pick I'm sure he'd go DC over Marvel simply for the tone they're going with and the darker characters.

Still, I think post-Bond Craig will stay away from big blockbuster films and do more passion projects and stage work.
    Ouside the 007 series Craig has not been the crowdpleaser and puller that he wanted to be. Craig now learns that the 007 character is bigger than the actor who plays it. Moore, Connery, Brosnan could have told him that.

But it is a well paid job playing 007 which leaves him to do what ever he wants to.

Craig in the marvel or DC universe would not add anything for me.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Ouside the 007 series Craig has not been the crowdpleaser and puller that he wanted to be. Craig now learns that the 007 character is bigger than the actor who plays it. Moore, Connery, Brosnan could have told him that.

But it is a well paid job playing 007 which leaves him to do what ever he wants to.

We appreciate you speaking for the man on his behalf. Cheers.

You are welcome, there has not been great BO succes for the man outside of the 007 franchise.

You are welcome, there has not been great BO succes for the man outside of the 007 franchise.

I was commenting on the fact that you acted like you were a telepath and could read Dan's mind, which isn't a human trait I've ever run into.

I was commenting on the fact that you acted like you were a telepath and could read Dan's mind, which isn't a human trait I've ever run into.

Well it is possible in the DC or Marvel universe.

Craig just is no actor that is a great audience puller and his movies tend to underperform, so why would you hire him. He is well enough from what he made from the 007 franchise.
    Outside of Bond, Craig isn't a blockbuster guy. He picks more intimate character roles that may not hit with audiences, but they interest him, so he takes them up. He's not in this to take any role just for a paycheck; his heart has to be in it and he has to believe in the project.

What makes him viable is his acting ability, and he'd be perfect in any ancillary character role in the Marvel or DC films, though I feel the latter would only waste him at this point and with how badly WB have been making these films, there's a chance Dan would be put off from being involved at all.

I won't speak for him though, as again, I don't pretend to read minds.
    I do not mind Craig in smaller intimate roles, he is perhaps at his best.

I never said I read Craigs mind I only mentioned he must have discovered that while he is a smashing succes as 007 his other parts do a lot less. The role of 007 is bigger than the actor something both Moore and Brosnan have commented on. If that is some uncanny telepathic ability I am afraid that you read too much into comments.

I never said I read Craigs mind I only mentioned he must have discovered that while he is a smashing succes as 007 his other parts do a lot less. The role of 007 is bigger than the actor something both Moore and Brosnan have commented on. If that is some uncanny telepathic ability I am afraid that you read too much into comments.

You made it seem like Dan wasn't aware of the obvious of all this. Of course Bond is bigger than the actor, and of course he's aware of his career trajectory and what charts with audiences. He's not simple for crying out loud.

You made it seem like Dan wasn't aware of the obvious of all this. Of course Bond is bigger than the actor, and of course he's aware of his career trajectory and what charts with audiences. He's not simple for crying out loud.

Now you are telling me how his mind works, are you in some way reading his mind?

:D

Now you are telling me how his mind works, are you in some way reading his mind?

:D

@SaintMark, it's down to a little something called empirical research. I watch every Daniel Craig interview I can, where he's spoken numerous times about all this, including Bond being bigger than him, his goals with his acting, his past successes and failures, he feelings on Bond's legacy, why he picks the roles he does and more. When you actually get to know the person through candid interviews and use their actual spoken statements to back up your feelings and thoughts on them, it's amazing what wonders can open up to you.

I'll read up on The Shadow, you can research Daniel Craig. Looks like we've both got loads of homework ahead of us.
    I prefer the Shadow, after Craig leaves the 007 role I doubt his work has little interest for me.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'd watch a TGWTDT sequel with Craig for sure, but I'm not sure how interested I'd be in other films he does post-Bond either. It would depend on what he focuses on of course.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    This all blew my hair back:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/dc-rumors-green-lantern-sinestro-corps-man-steel-2-lobo-hbo

If this is all true, I'm thrilled. There's not much here I disagreed with.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/dc-rumors-green-lantern-sinestro-corps-man-steel-2-lobo-hbo

That's quite a lot to take in. If someone had said that list to my face I'd have laughed in disbelief. Who knew they were actually planning things?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

Just wait until next week's batch of 4chan rumors that'll likely contradict half of this stuff.
    I don't know. Those developments rumored in that list fit very well with what we logically expect is going on, with Geoff Johns overseeing major projects, Snyder being shuffled out, and the characters and solo films being focused on also make sense. They want to set up Darkseid with a New Gods movie, they might lose the Cyborg solo to clear up space for other content, Snyder is barred from MoS 2, etc. It all fits, even down to the director picks.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm sceptical.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Look who just popped up on Ben Affleck's Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1161587293915696&id=147898965284539
    Batman vs Deathstroke would be a dream come true to see on film.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Holy crap! That's awesome!

Imagine if we actually got a fight between him and Batman even slightly reminiscent of this:

The only other fight that I think would trump this match up is between Batman and Ra's, or Batman vs. Shiva and that's it.
    Would people be ok with Deathstoke being the main villain possibly played by Matt Damon?
    If Damon is ever going to be in a Batman movie, he'd be ideal as Hush
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ranking the Jokers:

1 Heath Ledger
    2 Jack Nicholson
    3 Jared Leto
    I love the idea of Matt playing Tommy. That'd be really cool, and the chemistry he naturally has with Ben would sell the childhood friendship Bruce and Tommy had, as the actors had the same relationship themselves as boys growing up in Boston.

Deathstroke should be a much older man, whitening in the hair, and a jaded and sadistic Vietnam veteran who is all about the contract. I imagine he may even come out of nowhere to get at Batman to fulfill the contract he never got to complete on his head, which may be an interesting impromptu conflict for Batman to face. It'd be interesting to see a really old Slade close to the age of retirement, but he won't allow himself to quit and hang up his holster until Batman's ticket has finally been punched after all those years of facing each other.
    I love the idea of Matt playing Tommy. That'd be really cool, and the chemistry he naturally has with Ben would sell the childhood friendship Bruce and Tommy had, as the actors had the same relationship themselves as boys growing up in Boston.

They definitely have the history don't they?

Matt-Damon-Ben-Affleck-e1428347572182.jpghushextra2.jpg

Deathstroke should be a much older man, whitening in the hair, and a jaded and sadistic Vietnam veteran who is all about the contract.

How does Ed Harris sound?
    Deathstroke is supposed to by quite a bit older than Batman, right?

Or is he too old now, I wonder?

So, it's been confirmed that Deathstroke will appear in Justice League...AND...will be the main villain in the solo batman movie.

Harris is too old for the role.