Post a picture of your PET

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,441
    Interesting how many people here are cat people...I would have thought that Blofeld would have put them off of cats...

Of course, we may yet see people posting pics of fluffy white cats that they like to stroke whilst sitting in a chair hatching nefarious plans...

My mom have 1 kitty, 2 cats, 1 famale dog and 1 male dog. But sort of both it feels it be my animals too.

The older dog(Jack russel named Millie.) the famale dog is 15 years old (born in 1997 in Belgium and her birthday is the same birtday as my mom.), she be left from the part of 3 pets. The two cats (Sepriese cat / Black and White one) coming in 1995 die in November 2007 and May 2008. Jack Russel is a litle dog with a loud mouth, Jim Carrey have a simalar dog in The Mask. The name Millie she take over for this dog from dog she have as child.

Another Kitty (A cat who look like on the black cat of jackdagger ) dies in June 2009 (1 year old, lived wit us from October 2008.) quike after she get a couple of kittens, all of them exept one dies, the kitty (A orange cat with the name Johanna) lived with me and my brother til September 2010. From that moment the kitty lived there, 1 of the cats is her father (Orange cat with the name Jack/Jackie).

This is picture i take from internet to show you a litle bit how the cat and kitty look like.

472743509_d2d1785a60.jpg

The second cat is is since 2010 his name is Max,much hear gray with a bit brown/red... The last couple of months he is les shy. The younger dog is a Golden retriever from 2006 (Daantje/Daan. In English you say Danny.) and it sound funny then it be, but she have him since 1 April 2006.

I went to visit an old friend last night and not long after I left, my girlfriend sent me this:

418621_911037945871_1511020393_n.jpg
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    That's hilarious :))
    I have a dog too. He's nearly 13 and his name is Rocky, I'll try and post a pic.

I still can't post a picture. My latop hates me and it won't let me upload pictures onto it from my phone or camera. I got lucky on the post a picture of yourself thread since there was already a pic of me online, but not of my dog :(

I'll just describe him: He's a german shepard called Rocky (probably don't need to tell you who he's named after), he's 13, he's brown and black, he's kind (never bites or growls at anybody), but he's pretty stupid. I love him though.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Rocky sounds totally lovable and a true champ. ;)

I love dogs. And cats. Now I have one dog - a big (slightly smaller than a german shepard) short-haired, very smart, gentle and loving, golden brown mutt with kinda big ears whom I call "my handsome pooch" and my friend falls apart laughing. Well I think he is gorgeous (as only a glorious mixed breed stray can be). He is 7 years this October. Back in October 2005, I was with him about an hour after he was born, to a lovely dog owned by my then elderly Japanese neighbor (this is the first time I taught in Japan; 2005/2006). I named him Bear, because he was by far the biggest puppy in the litter. I was with him every day, roaming all over the mountain, for 7 months until I went home. In May 2006 went back to America, crying my eyes out.

I made it back to Japan to visit everyone a year and a half later. I couldn't wait. I ran thru my old neighborhood calling his name, "Bear!" (I trained him in English, natch) and couldn't find him (my elderly friend never kept him on a chain;, he ran free all over the mountain). I was feeling sad and depressed and wondering if he was okay. So I went to a friend's home and was talking with her on her porch ... when suddenly I heard insistent puppy-like whining and turned: there he was, trying to fit his big fat body thru her fence railing to get to me. Only part of his head would fit. He was wriggling from tip to tail. He had found me by my voice, (after an absence of a year and a half, mind you) just by me talking with my friend. After a week, I went home to Florida. Yeah, crying my eyes out again (hey, I'm allowed).

Nearly exactly a year and a half after that visit, I came back to Japan for a long stay ... and here I am still. Since May 2009, Bear and I have been inseparable. My elderly neighbor, his original owner, passed away in 2010 (he was 88 and had lived on this mountain all his life) and his son gave me Bear. So now whenever I do go back, Bear is going with me.

And after all this yakking, I still cannot get a photo uploaded! Drat. Okay, I'll work on it. Thanks for listening, everyone. I know everybody who loves their pet has a special story.
  • Unfortunately we don't have any animals right now, but I love animals and support animal rights wholeheartedly.

My kids want a cat but I grew up with more with dogs and intend to get a puppy from the shelter in the near future. I don't want a litter box and my kids will find it gross and won't want to clean it, so dog it is. My childhood dog was the best ever. She was a toy poodle/Pomeranian mix and took after her poodle father in looks. She was as my father used to call her a "licking loony" from the time she was a pup and we used to joke that she'd lick a burglar so much he'd fall in love and take her too! She later would up mating accidentally with my Nana's (Dad's side) Pom and gave us three little beauties, two boys that were orange and looked just like their Dad, and a little black girl who looked mostly Pom but "not quite", some people thought she might be a Yorkie. I saw two of them born when I came home from school and it's one of my favorite and most treasured memories as a child.

My Nana went with cats by the time I was a teen, her and Pop-Pop got too old to walk dogs. One day a Siamese cat came to her door meowing and so she and Pop-Pop fed her. She seemed well cared for and they figured she'd go back home. Nope. She came around every day and decided she liked it there better so we adopted her. Another pregnancy. The people across the road had a bobcat/tabby mix (he was huge like that coon cat as was his boy lookalike she later gave birth to) and he got her. She had 4 kittens and was killed by a car when they were three weeks old. My Dad cried so much worried they would die without her that his face got all red, and we had to go out and get little bottles and make a special formula prescribed by a vet to feed them. We also had to make sure we had plenty of warm washcloths to stimulate them to urinate and had to give them an enema to make sure they learned to poop too. The girl that looked like her father I named "Cubby" in honor of Cubby and she decided she was mine. Like my dog she would sleep in my room and watch over me, she especially liked to follow me when I told her it was teeth brushing time because she liked to lick the toothpaste off the corners of my mouth. She was so funny and a champion mouser- Nana kept three of them because they had moved to an area where there were lots of fields and the cats would kill the field mice and she never had a mouse in her house whereas neighbors without cats used to get lots of them.

Anyway, when I get that puppy I'll post a pic.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I had a dog when I was very little, her name was Laika like the first dog in space. She was wild! Wouldn't let anyone from outside our home near her but was a sweet to me. The neighbours weren't too please about her though because she was crazy! She once ran over an old Peugeot 504, I say ran over because the car was a mess and she didn't even have a hair out of place. The craziest thing is she was quite small, but a devil.
    Then when I left for university a stray cat started wondering around the house. My parents would feed her and, although she was almost wild (it's fate, I tell you), she stayed. She was the smartest animal I ever met, without a doubt. When she was pregnant everybody would ask my parents for a cub, they were also special. My parents kept some too. One of them was half Norwegian forest cat, also extremely smart, but he was a gentle giant in contrast with his tiny, wild mother. We spent many hours watching Bond-films together (well, I watched, he slept on my lap a la Blofeld's cat). He showed up dead one day, we think he was poisoned by a neighbour who didn't like cats. But his mother was smarter, hard to catch. She stayed until she was really old, almost blind, toothless. Then she got ill and the vet said she couldn't save her, her heart was too weak for anesthesia, so she put her to sleep. It was one of the saddest moments of my life when my mother told me over the phone, my father was so heart-broken he never wanted a pet after that.

I wish I could have a pet in here. I like dogs but I'm more of a cat person but I will only get one when I have a big house with a garden. No animal should live inside an apartment, they need space.

Sorry if it was boring but I really wanted to share this stories with you. Keep posting your lovely animals.
    Oh thank you for your posts! I appreciate it. I'll still try to get a photo, but it is good to hear about people loving their pets, their stories.

To talk briefly about the sad things we go thru as pet owners ... I, too, have had pets euthanized. It was a very, very tough decision but I said yes to that option because my pets were in the last stages of dying; it is always sad and tremendously difficult - but for me, it was the right thing to do. It was a peaceful ending for my pets, and I was able to be with my pets holding and loving them (and the vet came to my home, which was so kind - no stress of taking my pet to the vet's office).

If we love, at some point we go through this kind of sadness. But my life without love would not be much, and I truly love having a pet in my life, to hold and care for and love. I have had animals all of my life, and I hope I can continue to always have a pet (picturing myself in an elderly care center now, maybe with just a visiting dog). It is a huge joy for me.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    My dog is my first pet so I've never actually lost a pet. I've had him since I was a teenager, he was a stray. He was just tied up outside asda with a sign saying how many months old he was, that he didn't have a name and "please send to a loving home", so I took him home with me.
    Oh that is a happy ending! Lucky, lucky, blessed dog.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,813
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That was a great story, @4EverBonded. Never be afraid to cry or show any emotion, especially in regards to a pet. No other animal gets me more worked up than dogs. My family had our dog, Ike, before I was even born, so I never knew life without him. He was 17, and lived a long and healthy life, to the point where his vet basically called him a miracle dog for lasting so long. It was around 2004 when he got really sick, and we had to put him down. That was the first real loss I had, because I was about 9 or 10 at the time, and nobody that I truly loved had died before Ike. It was sad, and looking back I am just glad we had him. My dad often says "we should get a dog", and I know he hurts over it. All dogs love my dad, and he loves them back, getting more attached than most to pets. But indeed, they are great animals. So loyal, so endearing.
  • :))
    558760_920859842711_202108408_n.jpg
  • Look at my little beasts brand new Bond collar! ;)

21918_960593211721_1646782736_n.jpg
    I've got a little Pug-Dachshund mix named Thomas.

Here he is as a puppy:
    166359_10150360503260066_5338725_n.jpg

And a current photo:
    41332_10150238298725066_5567792_n.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My cat has a licence to kill.
    SANY6141.jpg
    :))
    558760_920859842711_202108408_n.jpg

That is freaky but very funny! :))
  • From just a couple minutes ago-- Abby is my girlfriend's cat :D

BADCAT.jpg?t=1356044335
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Presenting Hambone.
    644603_204735072990755_145087072_n.jpg
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 4,813
    <center>So I was eating fish and I dangled a piece over the cat since he was all up in my business-
    this was the result:

ZombieCat.jpg?t=1357842013<center>
    ;)

383069_10100133404573341_852711620_n.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Every time I click this thread and see that the newest post was made by you, @Master_Dahark, I know I am in for more of your cat's shenanigans. :))
    He should have his own show 8-}
    This is my pet tarantula, Sokoma. She likes to be held but do not prod her and she can and does lay eggs. My queen. As a satanist I find it comforting to have dark and powerful animal "familiars" around as protection and comfort.

dOVQ7kp.jpg

• edited February 2015 Posts: 4,813
    I forgot to post, but this New Year's, we rescued an old cat. He's 10, and he was stuck with a bunch of kittens who were all getting homes left and right and we felt terrible for him

His name's Whiskey. We still have the other cat too; they're bro's

1780206_10100332439585581_2112667478_o.jpg

1519201_10100310625256671_1386390686_o.jpg
    That's so great! Thanks for sharing, @Master_Dahark . How lovely to give a home to an older animal.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Good looking cat there, @Master_Dahark. He's more of a lion with that mane. :)
    That's so great! Thanks for sharing, @Master_Dahark. How lovely to give a home to an older animal.
    That's awesome to hear. My parents have rescued many an abandoned cat over the years, recovered them to full health and provided them with a great home. If only more people were like that.
    I want to post a picture here, how do you do it? Using Firefox, by the way.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ludovico wrote:
    I want to post a picture here, how do you do it? Using Firefox, by the way.

You upload your picture to a file sharing site like photo bucket or imgur and when upload you post the link inbetween the [ img ] [ /img ] Brackets.
    Or you can post it on your FB page and then copy the image URL. That's the easiest way for me to do it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited May 2014 Posts: 3,157
    I'm so glad to see so many cat-lovers here! I've been surrounded by cats since I was one week old.

Marion, 8 years old
    foto0034.jpg

Felipe, 1 year old
    1074259_10201709766135412_1460402368_o.jpg

Mafalda, 3 years old (with Felipe when he was just 2 months old)
    1001775_10201314049242737_1081985216_n.jpg