SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans - Favorite Moments In NTTD (spoilers)

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2016 Posts: 12,459
    You crack me up, @chrisisall.

But if the added "man" tag starts to take off here, I'm nipping that in the ... cojones. ;)
    (however that is spelled) :)>-
    Well I knew one other who would have ... ;) ... but he's no longer with us. Bless him.

I could easily handle 25 minutes in your company; don't sell me short, @Birdleson.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    By the way, Everyone, now that SPECTRE has been out on DVD for a bit, we've started a new Bond Film Elimination Game thread. We'd like to get an final ranking that accurately reflects the MI6 Communty's feelings. Therefore it would be great if you guys could pop over there and vote, daily.

I hadn't seen this, thanks very much for the update. Goldfinger will prevail, this time!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    CR was innovative and incredibly well directed, QOS was near LTK cool severe, SF was a road not traveled, but SPECTRE was the most broadly entertaining of them all. Truly, Craig's Thunderball.
    Just sharin'. ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Birdleson, I must admit, allthough I love the film, that you've hit it's weak spot there. I was hoping for a TB, as it still is my all time fave, but it felt to me more like a GF. I know, this will confuse many, but for me GF just misses that pure fun part that TB has. I can't really put my finger on it, other then that I find the plot a bit weak. Too many holes that weren't really neccessary. Sure the film GF does improve the book here and there, but it wasn't Fleming's best novel either. Still, love SP and GF, with that little nagging feeling it could've been even better.

btw in my surroundings, most were fairly positive. Not as elated as with SF, but positive nonetheless.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    and don't remember who the Hell Mr. White is,

Maybe it was a mistake to give him a beard and a haggard look. Moviegoers have the memory of goldfish, can t expect them to remember an arguably minor character like that seven years later.

I hardly remember any of you people from day to day, especially those of you who have put on a beard and didn t sleep for five days.
    But if you had Facebook...

I haven t read that book. Is it any good?
    Moviegoers have the memory of goldfish, can t expect them to remember an arguably minor character like that seven years later.
    Intercourse them. Bond movies are for US, the peeps that watch & remember. :))
    Who are you again?
    Who are you again?
    Just a fly in the ointment; a monkey in the wrench.
    An itch in the ass.
    And you like to scratch it.
    I feel like watching SPECTRE again.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 12,459
    I hear you, @Birdleson. And I felt going into Spectre that it was a mistake to want it to do bigger box office than Skyfall, to be "bigger" in general. The people I know who have seen it did enjoy it, felt it was great fun. A few told me it was worth every penny (about $20 to $25 to see a film here, in comparable U.S. dollars). I have not had the experience you had regarding people I know, their reaction to Spectre.

I think a core group who had too high expectations, especially those expecting it to be similar to Skyfall, may have felt a slight let down. It certainly was different in many ways from Skyfall. I didn't expect it to have the super crazy steamrolling popularity of Skyfall - and that's fine. It did very well, and my friends who saw it really enjoyed it. Not one of them (of about 8 offhand) said they were disappointed. I understand where more serious Bond fans may feel disappointed as we tend to be sensitive to many things, even nuances, in Bond films. Nobody I know was crazy about the title song, by the way; though most said it was okay.

I like the film a lot. I found it to be just a very enjoyable ride. Skyfall had the more serious, and moving, moments. This was lighter in tone, and I wanted that for Craig's Bond. I will find a few things to quibble with, yes - but overall it I found Spectre to be a very good Bond film and highly enjoyable.

Having said all that, all respectful views are welcome and I appreciate your comments on this film, @Birdleson, especially as you are an Original. It is too bad it was really disappointing for you. I don't wish that kind of letdown on any deep-hearted Bond fan.
    When I complete my time machine, I will go back in time and become an original and become someone important here.

Don t you all look backward to that?
  • All joking aside, you ARE important here, @TF. I'd love to see your review of Spectre!
    All joking aside, you ARE important here, @TF. I'd love to see your review of Spectre!

Here it is, then;

I like it.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    So you are The Originals. Ha, I always suspected you're a bunch of bloodsuckers!

But you are all so sexy and freaking hot and I'm still deciding which of you I will "have" first >:)

full.jpg
    Now I am glad I am not an original.
  • I suspect @Birdleson is the blackbird perched on the chair at far right; I'm one of the insects you can't really see scuttling across the table.
    As I have come around to appreciating SF for what it is, so too has @Birdelson come to appreciate SP for what IT is.
    The circle of life.
    Bond style. :D
    chrisisall wrote: »
    As I have come around to appreciating SF for what it is, so too has @Birdelson come to appreciate SP for what IT is.
    The circle of life.
    Bond style. :D

That's a little bit more generous than the reality, but essentially you are right. I can watch it and be amused. It's still at the bottom, though, mainly due to Craig's performance and the lack of any outstanding moments.
    Essential mirrored agreement. Cool.
    @Birdleson

Did you see the same picture as the rest of us?

Craig's performance is that spectacularly good, that it sends shivers down my spine just thinking of it. You can name any scene, he was simply astonishingly good. I haven't seen that good a Bond performance since Connery's heyday.
    Lack of outstanding moments? Have you slept through the pre-title sequence or the train-fight just to name two.
    But ok, the whole movie is basically one big outstanding moment, so maybe it went by you.
    Of course, I respect your opinion. Just saying...
    edited February 2016 Posts: 17,691

Craig's performance is that spectacularly good, that it sends shivers down my spine just thinking of it. You can name any scene, he was simply astonishingly good. I haven't seen that good a Bond performance since Connery's heyday.
    I completely agree, but it's Birdelson's prerogative to feel like it wasn't HIS Bond, just as I feel it wasn't all that much MY Bond in SF.
    For what it's worth, my Son (17 years old) says the best two he's seen (and I've coerced him into watching MANY) are DN & SP.... I think that makes a large objective statement outside of us old-timers that have had fluctuating opinions through the years based on our expectations.
    Or not. :-??
    But he doesn't like Dalton.
    :-O
    But then he's never read Fleming. B-)
    And as far as"the rest of us", there were quite a few others that have not been enamored with SPECTRE. And at least two others have placed it in the #24 spot. A good ten have it in their bottom 5.
    I REALLY disliked SF initially. I think I even placed it at 23 (just above MR) at one time. But time heals most wounds....
    ;)
    edited February 2016 Posts: 17,691
    There isn't a Bond movie that doesn't have amazing moments IMO. Even MR....
    I sure as hell tried to find them in SPECTRE. No one can accuse me of not doing that.
    You haven't seen the movie enough times is all.
    =))
    I sure as hell tried to find them in SPECTRE. No one can accuse me of not doing that.

Did I read somewhere, you've seen it 14 times already?
    I hope not. If you don't like it now, why bother re-watching it that many times?
    Give it a rest, a year at least. Then re-watch it, maybe do a triple feature.
    GF, GE and SP or GF, TSWLM and SP.
    That could do wonders.
    It's just a shitty movie.
    Don't mince words Bones, what do you really think? :))

Dude, that's like saying popcorn is a shitty food. Depends upon what you're looking for. If you want protein, then yeah, it's a shitty food. If you just want a good time munching tasty stuff, then it's a great food.

You need to take your anti-cranky pills. ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    ...that's taking it far IMO.... popcorn beeing tasty. I'd say if you'd like a styrofoam-like substance to chew on, Popcorn is the right product!

Anyway, earlier, I referenced to GF. I know for many it's the standout 'ultimate' Bond advnture. For me however it isn't, as Bond himself hardly does anything. He's just there 'for the ride', never in control, like he is in TB. GF, even though it's got those memorable moments (sure am a fan of Gert), for me has too manny jarring moments, or should I say script weaknesses, to fully take me with it on a great continuing roller coaster.

I hope this makes sense. If not, never mind. I'll just get drunk again.
    GF is in my top ten. Mainly because every time I put it on I'm never bored even though Bond doesn't do much for a lot of it. It's very character & dialogue heavy, and I love that. But then, TB (AND SP) are also in my top ten.