SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans - Favorite Moments In NTTD (spoilers)

Comments

• RC7RC7
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I was 11 for DAF, and I remember lots of chuckling, and a big "whoah" when he did his Whyte House Spider-man thing.

The score for that scene is orgasmic.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RC7 wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I was 11 for DAF, and I remember lots of chuckling, and a big "whoah" when he did his Whyte House Spider-man thing.

The score for that scene is orgasmic.
    DAF is my 2nd favourite score overall.

There was so much to dislike about DAF but like most Bond films you can always find something that can be recommended.
    I thought Jill St John was very hot, and seeing her in those hot pants. So friggin seventies!

I just loved the scene when she told that bratty kid "Go blow up your pants"
    and when she says to Dr. Metz; "You keep laying on that honker you're gonna get a shot in the mouth".
    No one will ever say that Mankiewicz could not come up with quirky dialogue.
    It's "leaning on that tooter" & she refers to him as "Charlie".

I've seen it WAY too many times. :-O
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I remember Greg liked the score of DAF very much. I do, too; it fits well. Awesome title song for me.
    It's magical- song & score.
    Okay Originals out of the "space" tunes which do you prefer?
    1. Space March YOLT
    2. Blofeld's Laser DAF
    3. Flight into Space MR

Rank these three. :)
    I'm interested in reading your comments/rankings on those. :) But I cannot do it because I honestly don't know the music parts that well.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    Okay Originals out of the "space" tunes which do you prefer?
    1. Space March YOLT
    2. Blofeld's Laser DAF
    3. Flight into Space MR

Rank these three. :)

I rank them as great. ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited January 2016 Posts: 7,981
    For me:

• edited January 2016 Posts: 3,564
    I'd rank it as 3, then 1, then 2 -- but "Blofeld's Laser" probably loses points because it's interspersed with dialogue and I have a hard time concentrating on the music separately.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 2,341
    I've always been partial to "Space March"

I would rant "Flight into Space" second. A near masterpiece of composing by Barry. along with the PTS this tune is the only thing that can be salvaged from a bad film.

Blofelds's Laser is good but someone had to be ranked third.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Robert rather prime here. Love Led Zep. Not nearly as much as Bolan, but yeah I always like Led Zep. A lot. Bonzo was a truly great rock drummer. Still miffed I missed the record breaking concert in Tampa, 1973 (my parents would not let me go by myself; I was 16). Which was a good thing, actually. I probably would have followed them over the hills and far away ... ;)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Five years have passed after we lost John Barry .
    We all miss John Barry but I also miss the great tunes that came with our favorite movies, not just the early Bonds.
    Just think of the great composers who did movie scores from the 1930's thru the 1970's. Seems like right around 1980 the studios stopped putting so much care into the soundtracks.
    Maurice Jarre
    Jerry Goldsmith
    John Williams
    Max Steiner
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Another great Barry theme, tying in with the tv show topic
    Putting care into soundtracks ... that is an interesting perspective, @OHMSS69.
    What do others think? Because that is something we can look at. Soundtracks from different eras vs. the last 20 years, looking specifically at how much care, effort, and quality we feel have been made for films during those times.

Thanks for the Persuaders music, @Thunderfinger! I didn't see much of that show, though I love both lead actors. :)

Therefore, thanks to you two I have an idea what we can focus on for a few days:

So let's look at "quality/effort/care taken with" soundtracks for films from 1960s,1970s,1980s vs. about 1990 till now.

At the same time, let's look at music made for TV shows.

Which also reminds me that David Arnold does the music, along with another gentleman whose name I cannot recall (Price?) for the BBC Sherlock series - and I do like that music very much.
    I'd be game for that and include some of the great shows from the 60's on. tunes that are so recognizable and a part of most of our childhoods.
    I just had the thread's title changed. So let's look at music in films - soundtracks ... how they have changed (or not) in quality, details, care, etc. over those decades. AND music in TV shows that we enjoy - especially music we find to be exceptionally good or memorable. Oh and yes, we can also talk about the ones implanted in our brains now from childhood (Gilligan's Island, anyone? I'll never get off it! Theme from I Dream of Jeannie - I can hear it clearly in a heartbeat and immediately want to start wriggling like Barbara Eden). ;)

I'll give my input tomorrow, but anyone can jump in now and chat more about music in these two mediums. Cheers!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As a kid I really enjoyed this 70s French gentleman thief tv show. Some great titles too.

I don't know that one; thanks for sharing this. :)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @4Ever the chap that works with David Arnold on the music in Sherlock in Michael Price .
    Yes, that's the name, @Mrcoggins - thanks. :)

OK, here is one TV show's theme song I actually didn't tire of ...
    I clearly remember dancing to this (pretty much every time)

edited February 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Fab article - interview with Daniel Kleinman. :)

http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/spectre/
    With lyrics................................................

OK, here is one TV show's theme song I actually didn't tire of ...
    I clearly remember dancing to this (pretty much every time)

That & Mission: Impossible ruled.
    So did anybody read that piece interview Kleinman? I thought it was wonderful! Not on topic, but hey ... it's a very good read.
    Children of Dune by Brian Tyler

• Birdleson wrote: »

By the way, @4EverBonded and @BeatlesSansEarmuffs still have to finish their Fleming reviews/critiques. I realized that I have one more tidbit to cover in order to finish off that task, myself.

Sorry for the delay. I plan on reviewing "Thunderball" tomorrow.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Considering the soundtracks: what I think is missing most of the time these days is some joie de vivre. Just like in modern pop songs, that are sterile and styled to the utmost to be 'perfect', they lack joy. That's one of the things I did find in The Man From U.N.C.L.E's soundtrack. saw it aboard the flight home two days ago and it struck me as such a swinging sound. It might be just me, I'm still under the influence of Brazilian life, but that's the feeling I get. Hollywood just wants things to be perfect, not fun.