SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans - Favorite Moments In NTTD (spoilers)

Comments

• edited December 2014 Posts: 3,564
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I would be happy is we never saw another gadget in these films.

Another exploding pen? We don't really do those anymore...
    ...but it looks like there's a new Aston Martin, so as long as it doesn't go invisible on us, I'm down with that!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Cutting back on the gadgets is always a good move IMO. To be fair, the Craig Bonds have been drinking the modesty juice in that department, so there's little to fear I think. Perhaps a few electronics or some stunningly efficient apps for Bond's mobile phone (as opposed to the ridiculously useless ones many folks pay hard earned money for these days), are unavoidable, but then I treat those as hardly gadgets at all. Electronic toys and such have become so commonly spread amongst us, consumers, that we should hardly notice them as anything special for Bond.

Then again, I have no problem with gadgets - real gadgets that is - but it all depends on how they are used. All enthusiasm for them escapes me the minute they become a deus ex machine, the ultimate life saver, i.e. a lazy tool to help the screen writers when they find themselves drowning in their own mess. When a Mexican standoff between Bond and the villain is resolved by a little something from Q-Branch, I'm annoyed. That's the kind of gadget use I wish to avoid at all cost. But a little gizmo to help Bond through locked doors or to make pictures without anyone noticing, sure, why not.

Gadgets furthermore should be credible in the sense that Q can never suspect what Bond will be needing during his mission. Hence, the cheque book copier in AVTAK seems awfully 'specific' for the occasion, almost as if some fortune teller gave Bond and Q a list of things he would need to bring. It helps when gadgets have a more general practical use. A laser watch or even an explosive pen might be useful in many a mission, whereas an inflatable winter coat not so much.

Naturally some of these gadgets bring a bit of a charm with them. A car in a Bond film certainly can have some "optional extras" installed (even if Bond never uses them). But we have become pretty sophisticated ourselves and so in order to think up something both out-of-the-ordinary and still credible, they will need to be clever. I'm convinced that less is more as far as gadgets for modern Bond films are concerned.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    I say that whatever charm that these gadget's may exude does not balance the damage that they have done to the series over the years.

Looking back on it, I really liked the way they poked fun at themselves in SF re: the gadgets.

-First with Q in the museum
    -then with M re: the Aston. The fact that the Aston is probably the most iconic gadget and the way that in this movie they pretty much showed it as antiquated and still relevant (since it's not trackable) is quite enjoyable and ironic. Hinting at the ejector without actually using it was also fun to me.

The trouble with the gadgets is they never seem to know when to stop. If they introduce something that works and that is a fan favourite then inevitably they will try to top it next time and before you know it there is possibility of overreach.....this is more likely with the journeymen directors that they bring on from time to time....less likely with those who truly appreciate the franchise, like Mendes, Campbell, and to some extent, Forster.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I would be happy is we never saw another gadget in these films.

Another exploding pen? We don't really do those anymore...
    ...but it looks like there's a new Aston Martin, so as long as it doesn't go invisible on us, I'm down with that!

Considering the fact that Astons are just about the best looking cars out there it's practically an insult to make one invisible!

@Chrisisall thanks for the DN review! After the first few I thought it'd end up with a perfect score.. @Kerim I hope you get round to finishing off your series, I enjoy these immensely.

right, then, to answer some questions:

Q1: as with all, I didn't expect Monica at all. Not that I'd expected anyone at all, as I wasn't paying attention, but woth the rest of the cast it's more like 'ok, cool'or 'hmm', with Monica, it's more like 'wow...'.

Q2: Well, as a TB fan you might guess what I'd like: Monica in a Volpe kind of role, and Lea in a Domino one. Monica is I think one of the few actresses ever who could be as smouldering sexy as Luciana was.

Q3: Blofeld, right, Blofeld. Try thinking of Blofeld. Sorry, just a bit destracted still by Q2. Ok, no, I don't think they've cast him yet. We've got a henchman for sure (that wrestler kind of OddJob guy), and perhaps one of the SPECTRE board members, so to speak, but not Blofeld himself. I hope.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

smiley-soldier-saluting.gif

ONGOING NOTICE: And anybody reading this take note of all I am saying today. There will be no posting ON THIS ORIGINALS THREAD of hacked email leaks, Sony leaks, sources quoting back to the Sony leaks, any speculation sourced to any tabloid either. I read that CNN is reading all this junk. So they will publish some things. I don't want anything of that here. Nada.

Just keep in mind: Here is for us to give our opinions, wishes, speculation, and share many things about SPECTRE and Bond - based on our own experiences and with official EON information given to us (such as from the recent photocall and interviews). Think twice before discussing any rumor or sharing any link for further info on SPECTRE on this Originals thread. Hope I am clear enough. Thanks!
    And here are my answers to the questions on this second poll:

The CAST AND CHARACTERS of SPECTRE

Question #1:  Were there any surprises for you regarding the announced actors and actresses? If so, what do you think of those that surprised you. PLUS your overall feelings about the entire cast, please. I heard the rumors of Monica and Andrew right before the photo call, but I didn't count that as a sure thing. So I do consider them both to be surprises for me - good ones! Happy and curious about Andrew's casting, and I will speculate on him later. But I want to say that more than anything, I was truly thrilled that Monica Belucci is in this film! Brilliant casting, whether she is a villainess or head of the Italian secret service, or an old friend, ally or vixen or anything - I am just happy she is finally in a Bond film. Many, many Bond fans around the world are rejoicing this. I have not made up my mind if I want her to be in the Volpe villainess mode or not. But either way, I want her charisma and smoldering sex appeal in full, prime operative mode.

Question #2: With two Bond girls of different ages and types, what do you want their characters to be like? In just general terms.
    I think they will clearly play two different kinds of women, and for a change I don't think either of them may die. If so, and one is killed, that I am thinking that will be Monica. I hope upon hope that Lea ends up with Bond at the end of this film (NOT a sacrificial lamb!) and even if SPECTRE evil lurks at the end of the film like I think it will (see below ...) I want Bond and Madeleine to be happy together at the final shot of this Bond film.

Question #3: Do you think Blofeld is part of this current cast, as we know it today? If so, please give your thoughts on which actor/actress may be Blofeld. I am truly unsure if Waltz is Blofeld. Blofeld may be uncast yet, but with Walz's character a direct link to him. I do want Blofeld revealed at the very end of this film and carried on completely, full bore, in Bond 25. And do I think Monica could be Blofeld? That is still a slight possibility, in my eyes. I think Waltz is the only likely character as Blofeld, but ... I am hopeful he is truly not cast yet. (M as Blofeld? No. Andrew's character as Blofeld? Please no.)

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I am still openminded about much - but definitely thrilled with this entire cast. Even Bautista seems so well cast as a henchman, as much as I dislike the character's name. Great job with casting this Bond film!

Hoping other Originals do chime in today, for our poll. Thanks to all! Good thoughts by everyone.

:-bd
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Just once in a while it makes a verry pleasant change for someone to actually say what they mean Thankyou 4EverBonded for that concise last post.
    Bless you, Mrcoggins. :)

01.jpg

Off to work now, but looking forward to reading others' posts later today, about this cast. Good comments earlier re gadgets, too. I want some precise, useful, but minimum amount of gadgets - and yet I do want the Aston loaded with something amazing (again useful for Bond, for also amazing). B-)

Cheers!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    The CAST AND CHARACTERS of SPECTRE 

Question #1:  Were there any surprises for you regarding the announced actors and actresses? If so, what do you think of those that surprised you. PLUS your overall feelings about the entire cast, please. 

I woke up the morning of the press announcement, and I read that Monica was rumoured. But, cynic that I am, we'd had the Monica rumours so persistently over 10-15 years, I paid them no heed. So that was a pleasant surprise.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the cast. If the script was is up to whack, then...

Question #2: With two Bond girls of different ages and types, what do you want their characters to be like? In just general terms.

I like that they're different ages, gives them erm, different chemistry and interactions with Bond. Plus it's good we have someone more age applicable to Craig. Could Craig/Monica could be the modern day equivalent of Moore/Adams in OP?

As too their characters, I prefer not to know too much at this stage.

Question #3: Do you think Blofeld is part of this current cast, as we know it today? If so, please give your thoughts on which actor/actress may be Blofeld.

Well. We'll have to wait and see, won't we.. ;-)
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Thanks, royale65. :) I really like having the two Bond girls be such different ages. And honestly, I do not think any Bond fan is unhappy with Monica's casting.

This cast has amazing potential, it really does. I also have a good feeling about having a director doing two Bond films in a row again. That has not happened in ages.

With Mendes, I feel instinctively that he has a more natural restraint to him - therefore, I am hopeful there is no over the top humor in this one (Bondola, double taking pigeons, invisible car, oh you name it). The closest we got to that in Skyfall was the scene with the man and woman at the train station, who remarked as Craig jumped onto the train ("He's keen to get home"). That was straight out of a prime Moore film and I took it as a nod to that. I enjoyed it, but one of those (2 at the most) in a Bond film - especially with Craig as Bond - is enough for me. Yes, all signs so far (including Mendes' comments) are pointing to a lighter, less angst filled story, making SPECTRE possibly similar in good ways to some classic Bond films we have enjoyed. Especially with evil lurking - and I hope that make SPECTRE truly evil. Mendes does not have to do anything wildly different, show that he is an auteur, or make his mark as a director (or as a Bond director), so I do have a good feeling about him coming back and doing this particular Bond film.

Hoping to hear from a few more Originals over the next few days regarding these 3 questions about the cast and characters of SPECTRE. :-B Again, thanks for all participating (and keeping us spoiler free). We have some great nonOriginals posting good comments all along, too.

Cheers! B-)
    1. Any surprises for me re announced cast? And what do I think of my feelings re the surprises and my feelings re the cast?
    I was surprised with Christoph Waltz. I was led to believe that Okeafor (12 Years a Slave) was being seriously considered and even negotiated for the part of the central villain. I was also surprised to see Monica Belucci. I had thought the ship had sailed on her. At 50 she will be the oldest Bond girl ever.
    My overall feelings regarding the cast is positive. I think Waltz is going to be just fine and Monica Belucci is still smoking hot. I'm glad to see our favorites of Mi6 from SF returning.

2. With two girls of variying ages, what do I expect their charactrer to be like?I think the younger girl will be the main Bond girl, while Belucci I see as Waltz's mistress/henchwoman. I have to say, I have not read the leaked script and have no intention of ever doing so. I'm just speculating.

3. Do I think Blofeld is part of the cast and my opinions on who should play him?
    Since Waltz is playing a villain not named Blofeld, then I believe that Ernst Stavro Blofeld is not going to be a major character. He may make an appearance at the beginning of the film (please no shots of him petting a white cat!). I expect he will be like the Blofeld of NSNA played by Max Von Sydow. Who would play him? Just a middle-aged sophisticated European gentleman who commands the kind of screen presence that von Sydow commands.

Do you have anyone in mind?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2014 Posts: 17,691
    I have high hopes for SPECTRE being crazy awesome.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Question #1:  Were there any surprises for you regarding the announced actors and actresses? If so, what do you think of those that surprised you. PLUS your overall feelings about the entire cast, please.

I'm happy with the cast overall. The strength of the Bond casts has escalated noticeably in recent years. It's like actors want to appear in a Bond film, a bit like stars lining up to appear with the Muppets.

I was pleasantly surprised at Monica Bellucci although it had been heavily rumoured. She is classically beautiful - a perfect fit for the Bond Universe.

I'm not sure really. I expect Monica to be the Femme Fatale and Lea to be the main squeeze for Bond. I suppose that would be the right way round, but who knows?
    Aslo monica to be strong, independent, and Lea to be more vulnerable.

Question #3: Do you think Blofeld is part of this current cast, as we know it today? If so, please give your thoughts on which actor/actress may be Blofeld. You can run with this a bit.
    Well, if it is Waltz then does that mean they need to lure him back for B25? I do hope so. If not, then is Mr White Blofeld? I for one wouldn't mind such a reveal.
    Actors not involved in SP? Toby Jones?

How many question marks can I put in this post????
    Thanks very much, @OHMSS69 and @NicNac! Both of you are Originals and your thoughts will be summed up in a day or two along with the other Originals who have answered these set questions for our second poll. B-) I'd like to wrap up this poll in about 2 days (3 at the most). Dear @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, @Kerim, and @CrabKey - as Originals, we'd appreciate your input for this second SPECTRE poll. Brief answers are fine. I'm sure you do have busy personal lives, but I am hopeful you can pop in here and post your thoughts in the next day or two. It would be really appreciated. :)

Nic and OHMSS69, both of you are not sure that Waltz is Blofeld, and I am of that mind, too. I want to also say that it is too bad Max von Sydow was in NSNA and not an official EON Bon film, because he is such a great actor with wonderful presence. If Waltz does become Blofeld, I hope it is much later or really at the end of the film and carries on in at least Bond 25 of course. Waltz is a good actor; the key is the script (naturally).

By the way, so far I am staying spoiler-free. Not read any leaked material, and I plan to keep it that way. But it will take constant vigilance, no doubt. I think DarthDimi's announcement helps a good deal; but human error (being a thoughtless, uncaring jerk would count as an "error" too) will happen and things will sometimes get posted where they shouldn't as we continue this rather looooooooooooong journey till the release of SPECTRE. Thanks to all for keeping this thread thriving, with good discussion, as we carry on. I do not mind any officially released (from EON) news being discussed here, of course.

Cheers! :>
    QUESTION 1: Were there any surprises for you regarding the announced actors and actresses? If so, what do you think of those that surprised you. PLUS your overall feelings about the entire cast, please. I’m probably the only person on this forum who doesn’t spend time thinking that this, that, or the other actor would be great in a Bond film. I don’t follow the rumors about the plot, the creative team, none of it. I just want a great movie when it comes out, and I WANT TO BE SURPRISED. I did, way back in the day, see Timothy Dalton as Prince Barin in Flash Gordon, and think “He’d make a good Bond someday.” I also saw Pierce Brosnan in a few print ads at about the same time (never watched Remington Steele) and thought, “looks like somebody’s grooming him to take over as James Bond someday. Bit young right now, though…” So it’s not as if the topic NEVER enters my mind. But regarding potential villains, Bond girls, etc., it’s just not something I generally think about. Looking at the cast photo shown on this page, it appears that Craig and Monica already have a rapport of some sort going, while Lea is just standing there rigidly despite Mendes’ attempt at generating some feeling of kinship among the cast. Still, I don’t have an awful lot to go on right now, so I prefer not to generate an opinion at this point.

QUESTION 2: With two Bond girls of different ages and types, what do you want their characters to be like? In just general terms. It’s easy enough to say, as others have, that I’d like Craig and Monica to develop a Moore/Adams relationship, and that Lea appears to be our “Bird with one wing down”…or that Lea could be our typical Bond girl who ends up with our hero at the close of the film, and that Monica would be best used as a femme fatale…but really, both of these directions seem a bit cliched to my mind. No, I don’t want Monica to turn out to be Blofeld…that’s a little too “out of left field” just for the sake of a surprise. I do expect Lea to be a bit naïve and Monica to be somewhat more worldly, but other than that I’m not speculating. How can I be surprised if I’ve already figured out what the film’s going to be like? And how can I be happy with the film if I’ve already determined what I WANT it to be like, and it turns around and confounds all my expectations? Sorry, but I’m not going down that road…

QUESTION 3: Do you think Blofeld is part of this current cast, as we know it today? If so, please give your thoughts on which actor/actress may be Blofeld. I hope he’s not a part of the cast as announced yet. If they DO choose to have a Blofeld (and hey! They may not…) I hope we just see him off camera for this film at least. When they DO cast him, cast him for at least two films. No more Pleasance/Savalas/Gray tap dancing please. If we can finally keep one guy cast as Felix Leiter (and more power to you, Geoffrey Wright!) then we should be able to have a single actor portray Blofeld for a couple of films until he gets a good, solid, appropriate and satisfying death.

And finally, on the topic of gadgets: yes, they got pretty silly in the Moore era…but what didn’t? And they got pretty inconsequential in the Brosnan era…but again, what didn’t? Gadgets, thoughtfully executed and utilized, are an important part of the Bond mystique. I would love to see the modern equivalent of the famous attache’ case handed to Craig in a future film, and I hope the Aston Martin in SPECTRE has plenty of optional extras this time around!
    Thanks, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs. :) Please let me take a moment to make sure I am understanding your answers correctly (I am a bit distracted at work just now; bear with me).

So the question, Were you surprised by any of the actors? - your answer is no, because you really don't put thought into this ahead of time, so you cannot really say you were surprised. I totally understand you not wanting to play out the film in your mind - this possibility, or that possibility, or what if ... - but I thought you may still have registered some feeling of surprise at some of the cast. No problem at all. I'm just happy you posted. I'll put you down for no (unless I am misinterpreting you somehow).

Question 2: And what I'm hearing is that you don't want a cliched set up for the two Bond girls (but don't go really wild and make Monica be Blofeld), but again you'd rather not think of scenarios ahead of time.

Question 3: You hope Blofeld is not cast yet but if so, off screen for this one is best. I really like the way you said "Pleasance/Savalas/Gray tap dancing " - I definitely want one actor as Blofeld (and later is better for me, too) for the rest of this SPECTRE scenario, be it resolved in 2 or 3 total films (I doubt it would be 4).

I appreciate you taking the time here, Beatles, even those these were not questions you really wanted to think about. I take it you are avoiding leaks as much as possible, too. B-)

Carry on, folks ... and thanks to all!
  • @4Ever: Yes, you understand me perfectly. @Birdleson: I did take an awful lot of time to say, "I don't really have much of an opinion on this," didn't I?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @4Ever: Yes, you understand me perfectly. @Birdleson: I did take an awful lot of time to say, "I don't really have much of an opinion on this," didn't I?
    One might almost think you to be a politician ;-)
  • @CommanderRoss: Well, that depends on your definition of the word, "Think." [-X
    Is Kim Jong Un really Blofeld?
  • Ask Gustav Graves....
    B-) I'm rather happy we do not have Seth Rogan, James Franco, or Adam Sandler in SPECTRE. Hoping this mess of leaks and hatred towards Sony will not mean any further damage to any Bond films, especially not the one being filmed now, but also not for any in the future either. Who knew that NK had super computer hacks? Not the general public, I think. Sony did ask the U.S. govt to investigate a while ago (before these major leaks), but obviously things did not get cranked up to "battle stations" quickly enough. I'm glad the U.S. has named the source country. But I think this mess is far from over. Unless the U.S. govt can covertly (or not so covertly) shut down these particular hackers (how permanent would a shut down be??). We shall see - this is one continuing saga I want finished ASAP, though. For everybody concerned.

Back to our set questions: Thanks to all who participated in this round, and I will be summing up our Originals' responses much later today. :)>-
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Nah. that would mean we'd have to take his threats seriously...
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Nah. that would mean we'd have to take his threats seriously...
    I see your point.
    B-)
    All right, it is time to look at the summary of this second poll on SPECTRE. Good contributions from all, including really good comments/answers to these 3 questions by nonOriginals - thanks @DarthDimi, @CommanderRoss, @royale65, @Soundofthesinners, and @bondjames. The Originals participating in this round were @chrisisall, @Lancaster007, @OHMSS69, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, @NicNac, @delfloria, and myself.
    =D> to all of you.

Question #1: Were there any surprises for you regarding the announced actors and actresses? Five of the seven Original expressed being pleasantly surprised, with Beatles explaining that he could not honestly say he was surprised as he simply did not put thought into this (he does not like to speculate; he wants it to all be fresh, and a surprise, when he sees the film) and delfloria did not mention any surprises. Five of seven Originals mentioned Monica Belluci as a big surprise and a very welcome one.

Comments regarding Monica being cast were such as : OMG!; gorgeous; still smoking hot; best [surprise]is Monica; thrilled; classically beautiful. :x

Other comments regarding surprises in the cast and overall feelings about this cast were: happy overall; strength of the Bond casts has escalated noticeably in recent years; surprised with Christoph Waltz ... I think Waltz will be just fine; Jesper is a freakin' surprise and a half!; cast is solid ... all top shelf; an interesting mix ... not too trendy ... could work well.

Question #2: With two Bond girls of different ages and types, what do you want their characters to be like? In just general terms. All Originals were unsure (Beatles not wanting to speculate) and comments ranged from considering the usual types of femme fatale and sacrificial lamb (or bird with one wing down). Originals seemed to think the script may take a traditional route or try a twist. Maybe Monica in a villainous role or perhaps not, and Lea to play the main Bond love interest or perhaps not. So just a mixture of feelings, including the following comments:
    I expect Monica to be the Femme Fatale and Lea to be the main squeeze for Bond. I suppose that would be the right way round, but who knows? ~~~ No, I don’t want Monica to turn out to be Blofeld…that’s a little too “out of left field” just for the sake of a surprise. I do expect Lea to be a bit naïve and Monica to be somewhat more worldly, but other than that I’m not speculating. ~~~ I think the younger girl will be the main Bond girl, while Belucci I see as Waltz's mistress/henchwoman.~~~ I think they will clearly play two different kinds of women, and for a change I don't think either of them may die. If so, and one is killed, that I am thinking that will be Monica. ~~~ I hope that Monica Bellucci is the main Bond girl (closer to Dan in age - I think) and Lea the sacrificial lamb. But whichever way round the girls are I just want Bond to end up with her in the end. ~~~ I want Monica to be the love interest, so naturally she won't be. But I'm okay with that, as long as she's IN the movie.

Question #3: Do you think Blofeld is part of this current cast, as we know it today? Ah, we are unsure about this. The consensus is mixed here also. Just because Waltz is now cast, and his past villanous roles in other films shine strongly, and with the obvious henchman (with that awful name, Hinx) is set - who is the main villain in this film? Ah ha! We don't know for sure. Some think that Blofeld is in the current cast and a few Originals think (or at least hope) that he is not in the current cast. Even if in the current cast, most Originals would prefer his reveal at the end of the film; one Original picturing Blofeld appearing briefly at the every beginning of the film. Comments were such as these:
    I suspect he's Waltz, but he could be Scott. But I wouldn't put it past them to pull a gender flip & make Monica the Big B. So, yes.~~~ Since Waltz is playing a villain not named Blofeld, then I believe that Ernst Stavro Blofeld is not going to be a major character. He may make an appearance at the beginning of the film (please no shots of him petting a white cat!).~~~ I hope he’s not a part of the cast as announced yet. If they DO choose to have a Blofeld (and hey! They may not…) I hope we just see him off camera for this film at least. ~~~ Well, if it is Waltz then does that mean they need to lure him back for B25? I do hope so. If not, then is Mr White Blofeld? I for one wouldn't mind such a reveal.~~~ Blofeld may be uncast yet, but with Waltz's character a direct link to him. I do want Blofeld revealed at the very end of this film and carried on completely, full bore, in Bond 25. ~~~ I'm hoping that Blofeld will be an unnamed and unseen (until the end of the film) actor a la FRWL and TB - that I would like. We could have a cross-cutting scene where he is revealed while Bond is enjoying his jollies with Monica!

And there you have it, out round up of the Originals' answers to these questions, our second SPECTRE poll. As a group, we are pleased with the cast and are hoping to be surprised by the script. Unsure as to how the characters will be played, including who is evil and who is good. But all are definitely positive and excited about this film!

That is all for this morning. I'll be posting our next topic much later today. Have a lovely weekend, everyone. Feel free to continue chatting here until my return; any relevant topic is fine.

Cheers!
    :-bd
    The following is pure speculation based soley on the gleam in Mendes' eye as he unveiled the Aston Martin at the conference: I think the Bond car will be rather well stocked in SPECTRE.
    Errr.. I mean, fully loaded. :\">
    Ah, the usual fully baked wit we've come to expect from @chrisisall...

(I'm thinking that I want a series of sight gags in the next few films featuring John Cleese doing a double take while eyeing the bottle of wine he's been drinking from, as Bond performs an eye popping stunt. It would at least stop him from whining about the Bond films being humorless, er, humourless since Craig took over the role... @-) )
    Ah, the usual fully baked wit we've come to expect from @chrisisall...
    Or half baked anyway.
    I'm a Cleese fan, btw.
    :x
    I'm completely baked.
    Global warming does that to blokes in the SW U.S. recently. Or so I hear.
    what I'm loading into my pipe as we speak.
    That better be medically indicated & prescribed.