The SEAN CONNERY Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

Considering next year he'll be 90, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to limit his travel as well. In his last few years Christopher Lee would only take small roles which required little to no actual travel. Although Sean no longer acts, I could see him not participating in any events that required globe trotting.
    Still it would be wonderful for him to come out of the woodwork for a Bond event.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Considering next year he'll be 90, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to limit his travel as well. In his last few years Christopher Lee would only take small roles which required little to no actual travel. Although Sean no longer acts, I could see him not participating in any events that required globe trotting.
    Still it would be wonderful for him to come out of the woodwork for a Bond event.

Health permitting and obviously if he would consider something? The 60th anniversary of Bond would be a great opportunity. Problem is that it's still well over 2 years away.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Apparently he escaped the hurricane with no damage.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Health permitting and obviously if he would consider something? The 60th anniversary of Bond would be a great opportunity. Problem is that it's still well over 2 years away.

I think the farewell ceremony next year March 30th of Daniel Craif would already be a perfect opportunity for Sir Sean Connery to show up....
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I think the farewell ceremony next year March 30th of Daniel Craif would already be a perfect opportunity for Sir Sean Connery to show up....

I would happily accept that too!
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    I say just let the guy enjoy his retirement. Seeing George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan show up to send Craig off would be just as nice.
    Wasn't Sean at a baseball/basketball match a while back ? He got a standing ovation from the crowd IIRC.

But I cant see him flying all the way back for a Bond premier,he would want Dan to get all the accolades and attention,which,with him being there would disrupt.

He doesn't need all the hassle at his time of life now.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Well I don’t think it’s that much of a burden to go to a premiere, but if he’s in poor shape then everything is so I wouldn’t expect him to want to.

As for the other Bonds showing up, they all already have so it wouldn’t be that special unlike Connery. I’d rather see someone from EON get him on film reminiscing about the movies for documentary purposes, but again I think his health is a factor. I know they did some, but it would be nice if they were able to collect more of his past interviews around Bond
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Wasn't Sean at a baseball/basketball match a while back ? He got a standing ovation from the crowd IIRC.

But I cant see him flying all the way back for a Bond premier,he would want Dan to get all the accolades and attention,which,with him being there would disrupt.

If Connery flies to NYC to attend the US Open and then flies back to Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas, he can surely enjoy another business class seat to London.
    barryt007 wrote: »

If Connery flies to NYC to attend the US Open and then flies back to Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas, he can surely enjoy another business class seat to London.

It would be a lot of hassle and constant attention,questions about Bond etc,very stressful.He just wants an easy life now I think.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    And as much as a Connery fan I am ... he never was the best Bond ambassador (that one goes to the late Sir Roger Moore). So I don‘t think we would even consider it.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 1,639
    Cant really blame him , even at age 40 i find travelling a bit of a hassle.......then again he can afford direct flights - but still to Europe is far
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    From JeffVictorArt on instagram:

jeffvictorart-70430101-201986264146415-6118877900856984847-n.jpg
    jeffvictorart-70600407-146401939942925-3606609623212442489-n.jpg
    jeffvictorart-70392319-531552280934487-3847753556407115199-n.jpg
    jeffvictorart-71213077-470857210437470-4584520847896161508-n.jpg
    jeffvictorart-70041167-2461139057542926-4077288987113808544-n.jpg
    jeffvictorart-69879293-750556642032243-2780883656023074289-n.jpg
    Those are brilliant!
    Absolutely fantastic!! =D>
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Christian Slater remembers working with Sean Connery on The Name of the Rose (starts at 2:30):

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think this has been posted on this forum before, but wth.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

What's interesting about that interview is that Connery basically admits that he (like Lazenby) blagged his way into acting by telling someone he was an actor, when in fact he was working for a newspaper.

I guess the difference is Connery's first role was as a chorus boy in a stage production of South Pacific. Lazenby's was the biggest action hero role on the planet.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    NicNac wrote: »

What's interesting about that interview is that Connery basically admits that he (like Lazenby) blagged his way into acting by telling someone he was an actor, when in fact he was working for a newspaper.

I guess the difference is Connery's first role was as a chorus boy in a stage production of South Pacific. Lazenby's was the biggest action hero role on the planet.

Natural charisma can take you so far and talent does the rest, Sir Sean has both.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »

Natural charisma can take you so far and talent does the rest, Sir Sean has both.

Agreed.

Funny story Kevin Costner starts with about Sir Sean
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What is it with Scots and money?
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Kevin Costner is a living legend himself. His charisma and strong voice/accent capture attention and respect.

I am half Scottish I must admit I do like money and never turn down extra work if I can earn more
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185

I am half Scottish I must admit I do like money and never turn down extra work if I can earn more

Imagine you had been half Scottish half Jewish :)) that must be exhausting.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    00Agent wrote: »

Gotta love good old fashioned anti-semitism.

One of my grandfathers was Irish so I have the wheeler dealer gift of the gab :))
    Kevin Costner is a living legend himself. His charisma and strong voice/accent capture attention and respect.

Untouchables, Dances with Wolves and JFK great movies, Costner one of the best actors of his generation
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    jake24 wrote: »

Gotta love good old fashioned anti-semitism.

0fa037c6-0838-46b1-81c7-32ba0375955d_text_hi.gif
    I am half Scottish I must admit I do like money

Ah, but who doesn't? I can't think of any nationalities that abhor money.