The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

That is just depressing to watch, knowing what could've been. We should do our own Brosnan Bond video game.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Have no fear. Bond is here. ;)

giphy.gif

I hear you, @mattjoes. I'm going under the very same pain since 2005.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 1,661
    The Foreigner is getting reasonably good reviews. Rotten Tomatoes score: 57 %

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_foreigner_2017

It actually dropped from 83%.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I watched The Fourth Protocol last night (30 years late, yes) and was very impressed. Seeing Michael Caine and Pierce Brosnan knock seven bells out of each other at the climax was just glorious.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I watched The Fourth Protocol last night (30 years late, yes) and was very impressed. Seeing Michael Caine and Pierce Brosnan knock seven bells out of each other at the climax was just glorious.
    He didn't hold himself together much against Michael Caine, though. The latter kicked his Soviet arse and made him look like a ninny. ;)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 5,185
    The fourth protocol is one of my favorite non-bond movies from Brosnan.
    He's just so no-nonsense, straight to the point in it.
    I need to check if theres a Blu-ray around
    He didn't hold himself together much against Michael Caine, though. The latter kicked his Soviet arse and made him look like a ninny. ;)

It looked pretty close for a while, but Cockney kick-arse won through, quite rightly!

Bros looks alarmingly good in a Russian uniform.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

It looked pretty close for a while, but Cockney kick-arse won through, quite rightly!

Bros looks alarmingly good in a Russian uniform.
    Da, davarish. ;)
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Guys, if you're ready for some mindblowing extravaganza... and I'm talking about the video game people... here's something for you all to see.

https://www.facebook.com/007TheVideoGames/videos/847028518790408/

Perfection
    Remington wrote: »
    Guys, if you're ready for some mindblowing extravaganza... and I'm talking about the video game people... here's something for you all to see.

https://www.facebook.com/007TheVideoGames/videos/847028518790408/

Perfection
    It certainly is. My eyes teared up when I saw it for the first time.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 6,760

Not much to worry about. I'd be more concerned if it had 100%.
    mattjoes wrote: »

Damn Russians. ;)

Damn Russians. ;)

In Soviet Russia, Foreigner reviews YOU

Damn Russians. ;)

You, sir, won the Internet for today. :))
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 6,760

Damn Russians. ;)

Thank you! ;)

Certainly did. I'm glad I'm working from home today so nobody was around to hear me snort with laughter.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2017 Posts: 40,513
    The first clip from Spinning Man is online:

It's out of sync for me, but I'm loving the look of the film so far. Nice cinematography.
    Interesting.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love how condescending Pierce's character was there. Seems interesting.

That's why I love him in The Tailor of Panama and The Matador. Foul, cold, condescending, and sarcastic.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's why I love him in The Tailor of Panama and The Matador. Foul, cold, condescending, and sarcastic.

That's definitely his wheelhouse. There was a lot of that in his character for The November Man too. Love it when he tells his protege to get a dog if he wants a companion.

That's definitely his wheelhouse. There was a lot of that in his character for The November Man too. Love it when he tells his protege to get a dog if he wants a companion.

That's right; damn, I could use a rewatch of this. Haven't seen it since theaters.

That's right; damn, I could use a rewatch of this. Haven't seen it since theaters.

I rewatched it a while back and still really liked it. Pierce does really well in that weary role, and gets to kick some serious butt to boot.
    I know you're not the biggest fan of his Bond wise, but what did you say your favorite non-Bond film of his is?
    I know you're not the biggest fan of his Bond wise, but what did you say your favorite non-Bond film of his is?

I haven't seen as much of his stuff as I've wanted to, but I think he excels with morally ambiguous or darkly amusing characters. He really nailed that aspect in The Matador but I've probably been most impressed with him in The November Man not only because I wish he got to do something closer to that than his Bond films, but also because he really did a great job playing a morally gray man while also doing some brutal stunts. It's a role that played to his strengths as a character actor.

I still need to see Tailor, Thomas Crown Affair and Seraphim Falls though, three that I think I'll enjoy him in as well.
    I still need to see Tailor, Thomas Crown Affair and Seraphim Falls though, three that I think I'll enjoy him in as well.

I very much want to see Tailor too. I read the novel recently and Bros is just perfect for the character (good-looking, everyone likes him, but something untrustworthy below the surface).
    The Thomas Crown Affair is an absolute gem. I prefer it over the original.

I hear that a lot but I doubt much could top the mix of McQueen and Dunaway for me.

I hear that a lot but I doubt much could top the mix of McQueen and Dunaway for me.
    The classically romantic visuals are superior in the original. But, that's all they represent. The remake's duo are a better pair, in my opinion, despite my preference of Dunaway's character to the overdramatic Rene Russo. But, her chemistry with Brosnan is terrific, more so than McQueen and Dunaway who had little to no chemistry outside the chess scene in my opinion. The story is told better in the remake and the holes are filled in as opposed to the original which leaves many things ambiguous and unexplained.

Looking forward to your opinion, Braders.