The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Yeah, a comedy this ain't.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yes. But, more or less, it's a Jackie Chan action vehicle. I don't think we'll see Brosnan wielding guns running through corridors and gunning down goons, or locking horns with Chan. I think he'll only be a desk-bound notorious corrupt politician with a dark past (being an ex-IRA as briefed in the premise).
    more or less, it's a Jackie Chan action vehicle.
    Be prepared for a shock then, son!
    :P
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,423
    chrisisall wrote: »
    more or less, it's a Jackie Chan action vehicle.
    Be prepared for a shock then, son!
    :P
    Positively? ;)
    Ha ha, yeah. Martin Campbell doesn't do 'vehicle' movies. And you won't see Jackie doing any wire flips either. This is a thriller.
    Ha ha, yeah. Martin Campbell doesn't do 'vehicle' movies. And you won't see Jackie doing any wire flips either. This is a thriller.
    MJTHRILLERdance.gif

I think I got the big picture. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I'm sure it'll still have some action, just not the type that 80's/90's fans of Jackie Chan may expect. He has a pretty good fight scene in the latest 'Police Story' movie from a couple years back, but as you've noted, we won't be seeing him slide down any skyscrapers or jump off any clock towers in this.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm sure it'll still have some action, just not the type that 80's/90's fans of Jackie Chan may expect. He has a pretty good fight scene in the latest 'Police Story' movie from a couple years back, but as you've noted, we won't be seeing him slide down any skyscrapers or jump off any clock towers in this.
    It's going to have pretty much the standards set by Liam Neeson with Taken. And yes, it's going to be dramatically driven with no smiling/jocular Jackie Chan pacing around and making a fool (not in an insulting manner) out of himself.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I read somewhere that Campbell and Brosnan loved working together again after 20 years that they are already planning another film together?
    I read somewhere that Campbell and Brosnan loved working together again after 20 years that they are already planning another film together?
    Yes, a film based on Ernest Hemingway novel called Across The River And Into The Trees.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020

Just tell me it's Bond 25 :D

Far from it... Sadly. ;)

Straight up period piece drama.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A period Pierce drama. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Ha ha!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

I had to read that twice to get it =))
    And twice is the only way to read.
    I just peed my kilt. =))
    I just peed my kilt. =))

So, your floor?
    I just peed my kilt. =))

So, your floor?
    Sounds like it.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    NicNac wrote: »
    I think history will be kind to him, as it has proved to be for Roger Moore. Possibly the two most lightweight Bonds (in their approach), Moore suffered from comparisons with Connery's macho Bond, and Brosnan is now suffering from comparison with Craig's beefcake Bond.

The antagonism towards Moore has gone now, as it's unnecessary. Brosnan, a popular Bond in his day but cut short at a time when he wanted to carry on, will probably be re-evaluated and seen in a more positive light. He hasn't got as many classic Bonds under his belt as Moore has (it's a numbers game at the end of the day), but he has a likeability factor that is appealing. Craig, incredibly popular now, may see his Bond-star wain a little as his intense Bond of the first 3 films may become wearisome in time?

I'm a big Craig fan, but I suspect Brosnan's films will draw the bigger TV viewing figures in future years.

I think so too.
    Its a cicle. once the actor is in he is the king of the world, when the next one gets in the past Bond is seen as the worst and new one the best second to Sean Connery well and it goes on and on....

Pierce will be liked better in some years to come and maybe will be craig who will expirience unfair backlash.

Now not everyone jumos on these bandwagons. While a the bond Bond is in he gets his solid fan base who will love lphim regardless what happens next.

In terms of opportunities I think Brozza has done pretty well post Bond.
    Until The Ghost Writer, yes. He has. After that, he kept appearing in cheap low-budget independent movie production materials which is as bad as Connery's career in the 70s and 80s.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Until The Ghost Writer, yes. He has. After that, he kept appearing in cheap low-budget independent movie production materials which is as bad as Connery's career in the 70s and 80s.

'The November Man'. :>

Good film. But, it looks too cheap. I mean... $15 Million budget... Lack of decent action sequences...

Good film. But, it looks too cheap. I mean... $15 Million budget... Lack of decent action sequences...

I liked what they did with this spymovie, the action was well done without the big explosions or quite ridiculous chase scenes that cost more than a sequel to The November man.
    SaintMark wrote: »

I liked what they did with this spymovie, the action was well done without the big explosions or quite ridiculous chase scenes that cost more than a sequel to The November man.
    I'm not a fan of big explosions and stuff. But, a chase scene, like a stereotypical vehicle chase scene should've been there, most notably with Brosnan and Olga on a motorbike evading the CIA. The locations could've used some of the budget, too.

As for a sequel to The November Man, I don't think it's happening anytime soon since Brosnan's 'Irish DreamTime' production partner, Beau St. Clair died earlier this year. I don't think Brosnan could produce it. If anyone will do it, one of the other production companies who hold more interest in it than anyone else would do it. Das Films, that is. That said, the distribution studio Relativity Media said they would enter pre-production soon like... a couple of years ago... But, as of today? No word has been uttered since.
    The were several chase scenes in November man only they were fairly realistic, I liked how Brosnan dragged his protegee along only to slip away after some misdirection.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Its too Bad there won't be a November man sequel and the problem with it was distribution and marketing.
    With a much better work in those departments The November could have done what Taken did for Liam Neeson, since its even better than Taken and while Neeson was great in this trilogy there is something about Pierce which makes him even better.

Maybe they should have done this more of a personal mission and going with the revenge thing for killing Peter's wife and give more emotion to the relationship between Mira and Peter to get the audience more involved.

Big part of why people liked Taken is because Brian was saving his daughter and many girls said id love to have a father like him.