The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The article must be fake, and it's dated to January earlier this year. I spotted him on his Instagram a few weeks ago posting about his involvement with Bond and commenting on it as a "dream come true" opportunity. I don't believe the article has any reality based on whatever that indicates his memory loss. Otherwise, huge news would've been made out of it.

"BREAKING NEWS: Former 007 Pierce Brosnan Is Diagnosed with Parkinson's!"

I didn't hear anything.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Fake interviews seem to be the new thing for online journals.
    Yes, anyone can claim to be anything these days.

So, I'll say it:
    I'm Batman!
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    The article must be fake, and it's dated to January earlier this year. I spotted him on his Instagram a few weeks ago posting about his involvement with Bond and commenting on it as a "dream come true" opportunity. I don't believe the article has any reality based on whatever that indicates his memory loss. Otherwise, huge news would've been made out of it.

I didn't hear anything.

Its a great relief it was fake and you found those nice pics of him on instargram and yes now everyone can make a fake article and write anything they want
    Szonana wrote: »

I didn't hear anything.

Its a great relief it was fake and you found those nice pics of him on instargram and yes now everyone can make a fake article and write anything they want
    Directly from Pierce Brosnan's official Instagram:

17 November 2015: "Mr Albert R. Brocolli "Cubby" and I at Pinewood studios 1986 signing the contract for "The Living day lights" it was not meant be... Somethings just take time to grow into !"

17 November 2015: "I did get there in the end, some how things always have way of working them selves out... What's for ya won't go by ya! ..."

19 March 2016: A picture from on set of The World Is Not Enough.

29 March 2016: A picture of him as Bond. "...another life...Photo by mko.berlin ..."
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

I didn't hear anything.

Directly from Pierce Brosnan's official Instagram:

17 November 2015: "Mr Albert R. Brocolli "Cubby" and I at Pinewood studios 1986 signing the contract for "The Living day lights" it was not meant be... Somethings just take time to grow into !"

17 November 2015: "I did get there in the end, some how things always have way of working them selves out... What's for ya won't go by ya! ..."

19 March 2016: A picture from on set of The World Is Not Enough.

29 March 2016: A picture of him as Bond. "...another life...Photo by mko.berlin ..."

Thanks so much for the links and great to know how prowd he was of playing bond and as much as I would have loved 6 films with Pierce instead of 4 i think it for the better he had to wait till 1995 it played in his advantage looks and performance wise.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He is a dead ringer for Gerry Adams.
    Trailer for Brosnan's upcoming thriller film Urge premieres at 1PM ET, today.
    And here's the trailer for Brosnan's new movie, which appears to be some sort of an erotic thriller.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,130
    And here's the trailer for Brosnan's new movie, which appears to be some sort of an erotic thriller.

Mmm i like the idea of an erotic thriller starring Pierce Brosnan

Mmm i like the idea

This could easily be a villain in a Daniel Craig Bond movie, don't you think? :D
    This is going to be trippy. ;)
    I'm counting on it. It's coming out in a month.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

Mmm i like the idea

This could easily be a villain in a Daniel Craig Bond movie, don't you think? :D

Yes why not?
    Pierce once said with Kimmel he would like to comeback as a villain. So if it happens id be the first to watch it

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    He plays manipulative well.
    This poster looks fine!

tumblr_inline_o6nwk1A47J1t6wivs_1280.jpg
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    chrisisall wrote: »

Yes he does like he did in The Tailor of Panama and before Bond my guilty pleasure : Victim of love. Where he plays a sexy serial killer who gives every woman the same ring.

Yes he does like he did in The Tailor of Panama and before Bond my guilty pleasure : Victim of love. Where he plays a sexy serial killer who gives every woman the same ring.
    Didn't he play a character like that in Don't Talk To Strangers?
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

Didn't he play a character like that in Don't Talk To Strangers?

Maybe it was a similar character, in victim of love he first tells all his eoman his last wife died and dont go out in public with them.

This poster looks fine!

Brozza looks possessed!!!! >:)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Brosnan really has made a lot of fine movies since 1995 starting with GoldenEye and Dante's Peak and it seems he is still going strong for some time to come.
    I like it.

I wish Timothy Dalton would have had a similarly successful career. At least we have Penny Dreadful now in which he kicks ass and good!
    Brosnan really has made a lot of fine movies since 1995 starting with GoldenEye and Dante's Peak and it seems he is still going strong for some time to come.
    I like it.

I wish Timothy Dalton would have had a similarly successful career. At least we have Penny Dreadful now in which he kicks ass and good!

I still think Dalton works best on television. Yes, he seems to be doing well in Penny Dreadful.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I have to get around to watching 'Penny Dreadful' eventually. I liked the trailers I saw when the series premiere was fresh and new, but I haven't seen a full episode yet.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    This poster looks fine!

Brozza looks possessed!!!! >:)
    This time, he 'is' the possession. ;)

I like it.

Sorry, but Dante's Peak is terrible.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    He's becoming somewhat of a marquee headliner in some off beat films. Sort of 'the draw' in films where he's only playing a relative bit part. Survivor & No Escape come to mind in this regard, and I suspect Urge will be the same.
    Sadly, he's only making appearance in low budget indie productions, nowadays... He hasn't done anything of importance since The Ghost Writer.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    bondjames wrote: »
    He's becoming somewhat of a marquee headliner in some off beat films. Sort of 'the draw' in films where he's only playing a relative bit part. Survivor & No Escape come to mind in this regard, and I suspect Urge will be the same.

Though His part in Urge looks a bitt meatier than in the other two you just mentioned, in Survivor he just had like two lines, in no escape well he became the hero of that family when it was most needed and now here seems like he will be the main Villain but not so much screen time.

Another Brosnan movie, is enough for me to have a look, something that only Roger Moore and Connery did for me before.
    Well he's got that movie with Jackie Chan directed by Martin Campbell coming out soon. Though I'd love to have another Bond movie with Pierce. :)
    HlvzogYl.jpg