Skyfall - Teaser Trailer - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    tqb wrote:
    so whens the next trailer? lol

My thoughts exactly, haha. Bring it on!
    Bourne #2, Supremacy, is the only truly great one, IMO. That one works on every level. And I definitely think Damon's "apology" scene at the end inspired the end of QOS. But who cares...
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I place my bet that the next trailer will come in mid-September.
    What really attracts me seeing the images from this teaser is the "not moving or no shaky camera".. everything looks like they filmed it like the camera stood still, so it must be a great experience in cinema instead of the wildly en loose filmed Quantum Of Solace.

For me that's how a classic Bond movie or a classic action-thriller should be filmed!
    Together with TDKR, that is the best teaser/trailer in years.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    And please stop with the comparisons with Bourne. I like the Bourne films a lot but as I always said Bourne is a Bond imitator and not the opposite! By the way and a bit off topic (sorry), watched the Bourne Identity two days ago after not having watched it in a couple of years and I had the weird impression that it is not as good as I remembered it to be! It is aging badly, I'm afraid (honestly).

Neither of them imitate the other, they're both good film franchises and they're both different. I don't think Bourne is aging badly either.

I love the Bourne films, that is not the question. But watching it again, considering how much I loved that film (my favourite from the 3), I was a bit disapointed. It felt strange.

When I said imitator I go back to the origins of Bourne, the character. Amnesia? Brain wash? JB initials? The list goes on and it's all from our old friend Bond and sometimes people forget about it. I like Bourne a lot but I stick to this opinion.

Well the original character was originally drawn into being an assassin during the Vietnam war when his family were killed, not much in common with Bond there. There are plenty of characters with the initials JB. They're very different: Bourne is a former ASSASSIN who got amnesia and had to find his identity. Bond is a SPY who (apart from one film), is still working for the goverment and had amnesia once in one book. They also have different personalities, etc.
    boldfinger wrote:
    Together with TDKR, that is the best teaser/trailer in years.

I also like this one

• Creasy47 wrote:
    tqb wrote:
    so whens the next trailer? lol

My thoughts exactly, haha. Bring it on!

thinking it comes out in August with Total Recall
    I think it will come August or September, more so the former.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    The teaser was short (1 minute and a few seconds).... could they release a 2nd teaser of the same lenght before the trailer ? say teaser #2 mid July, with the full theatrical trailer in September ?

I've been craving for more than just 1 teaser poster, 1 full poster, 1 teaser trailer and 2 full trailer.... this is the 50th anniversary !! time to get the publicity campaign rolling in full gear !!
    Hi, guys! Words I have seen the trailer first thing this morning, and i am blown away. It has a realy dark tone to it, but still seems classic. The only thing i am worried about, which i have been for 4 years is the gun barrel. It realy needs to be back at the begining of the film, But the shots from the trailer looks fantastic. Im looking forward to the villian, he seems very scary. SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!
    Hi, guys! Words I have seen the trailer first thing this morning, and i am blown away. It has a realy dark tone to it, but still seems classic. The only thing i am worried about, which i have been for 4 years is the gun barrel. It realy needs to be back at the begining of the film, But the shots from the trailer looks fantastic. Im looking forward to the villian, he seems very scary. SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!

I really didn't expect to see Silva in the slightest during the trailer, but it was a really dark, creepy look at him. What I'm curious about now is:
    From what I've slightly put together, the fight at the Skyfall lodge is the finale of the film. Unless I'm wrong, Silva escapes, so I wonder what will happen after. If I'm wrong on this, could someone let me know without giving away too much?

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:

I really didn't expect to see Silva in the slightest during the trailer, but it was a really dark, creepy look at him. What I'm curious about now is:
    From what I've slightly put together, the fight at the Skyfall lodge is the finale of the film. Unless I'm wrong, Silva escapes, so I wonder what will happen after. If I'm wrong on this, could someone let me know without giving away too much?
    Well there is nothing out on the internet that says he dies in the end of the film. It might be so that Bond takes him out AFTER scene 172.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Silva doesn't escape.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:

Silva doesn't escape.
    How can you be so sure?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 11,425
    JBFan626 wrote:
    I loved all the Shanghai shots--the colors really pop. Visually stunning, as others have commented. Craig looks like he really owns the role this time around. But I do agree with some who mentioned that it has a very bleak feel. Definitely the most Nolan-Bond film to date. I was hoping for a bit more glamour and, 'fun' to be honest. I'm confident this film will be light years ahead of QOS, but I'm just hoping it's "classy" the way the 60's films were...I didn't get the "classic Bond movie feel" the way Mendes and Craig have talked it up, based on the trailer. Just saying. But I remain optimistic.

Exactly. Well put. The intolerance of dissent around here is astonishing. It's as if the only acceptable point of view is to talk about how amazing everything is. Any one dares to mention they're not totally sold by the trailer and they're shot down.

Any way, having rewatched it a couple of times, it's growing on me. That said, this is a seriously dark teaser (both in terms of visuals and atmosphere/feel). I do really hope there are lighter shades to the actual film as (IMO), that is what makes Bond distinct from (for example) a Bourne film. Any way I don't doubt that this will be a decent film. I enjoyed CR and rate QoS more highly than most people who post on this forum, so I am pretty certain that Mendes, Deakins, Newman and Craig will deliver a quality product. I just hope it doesn't make the same mistakes as other recent films, with psychobabble, mummy-M syndrome and no sense of humour.
    MrBond wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Silva doesn't escape.
    How can you be so sure?
    Trust me, I'm not really sure if I can say, but I'll say that he doesn't die in the fire in the lodge, but Bond gets him shortly after.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Well put @Getafix. I sure don't want anymore psychobabble, mummy-M either, I don't think Dame Judi's acting fits for that (some very cheesy dialog in CR/QOS), but I do like her as M.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Trust me, I'm not really sure if I can say, but I'll say that he doesn't die in the fire in the lodge, but Bond gets him shortly after.
    You mean...with the knife, right?

xxx

• edited May 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Well put @Getafix. I sure don't want anymore psychobabble, mummy-M either, I don't think Dame Judi's acting fits for that (some very cheesy dialog in CR/QOS), but I do like her as M.

I think the "mummy M" is in the past, just like CR/QOS. A little nod to that when she states in QOS that she trusts him and allows him to escape. She has even more reason to trust when he doesn't kill Kabira. I expect their relationship to be more normal, at least as normal as it can be given what we assume will be happening in SkyFall. The reorientation scene is probably normal MI6 procedure and has nothing to do with lack of trust in a rookie agent, or the mistakes he makes that a seasoned Bond does not.

Does anybody know how to get premier tickets for SKYFALL ?
    cuddapah wrote:
    Does anybody know how to get premier tickets for SKYFALL ?

As in, tickets for the release day/night of Skyfall? You'll have to wait another few months for that information. Check your local listings mid-to-late October/early November, depending on your country.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 421
    @Suivez_ce_parachute - Comment dirait-on "classé" en anglais? Je présumerais qu'il n'a pas la même signification que "done" dans ce contexte? Pas de grand spoilers svp!

(Sorry, just practicing my French!)
    You mean...with the knife, right?

xxx

Yup
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,459
    What's contained in the spoilers: awesome. The only thing that sucks about all this: I spent the entire last week getting pumped for this teaser, and now I know that I'll have to wait another few months for another good bit of new footage, and then a full six months to see the film. Bleh.

I will be taking out a 'Skyfall' portion of my paycheck, so I make sure I have enough to see it at least five times. Saw CR three, QoS five, so now it's my goal to see each Bond film in theaters at least five times.
    loved the teaser trailer, think we may have a good film here.
    Anybody else clocked how many times they've watched it? I'm on seven, about to give it an eighth view.
    3 so far probably be ten by tomorrow
    Seriously? Oh man I may have a problem.
    I must have watched it like twenty five times. Seriously B-)
    Seriously? Oh man I may have a problem.
    I must have watched it like twenty five times. Seriously B-)

I don't blame you. I was at a friend's place all day, so I didn't want to bother him with a repeat of the trailer, haha. I just don't want to wear myself out too quickly on it, as hard as that shall be.
    finished work late that's my excuse lol