Skyfall - Teaser Trailer - Discussion Thread

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Getafix wrote:
    Nice to see another Bourne reference via the shot of Bond from under the water - exactly the same as the opening shot of the Bourne Identity and the last shot of Bourne Ultimatum.

I think it's a TND reference. ;)
  • DC has already come flat and said that the humour will be back, 'Bond will be funny as Hell', his words, what more can you ask for?
    I think Getafix will only be satisfied if Dalton makes a cameo appearance in the trailer, or Brozza does...and is bruitally massacred.

I think it looks promising. Tense, "gritty" yet also stylish.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    DCisared wrote:
    Can't wait to watch the film!!!

If anyone is interested , the trailer is on playstation store so you can store it on your ps3 :D
    Thanks for the tip!

edit: I can't find it anywhere

PlayStation Store US or UK?

xxx
    The Olympics are around the corner please please reference all Bourne falling into water scenes here, jeeeessssssuz!!!!!!

They are seeing Bourne references everywhere. Its like Pink elephants on parade. They will be seeing Bourne references in awkwardly shaped vegetables next.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    VeryBond wrote:
    Well, 1,500 raves and three nays... With such overwhelming support, no one should feel threatened by a few words of doubt or concern and feel the need to stamp those people down. Right? No? Okay, flame on DC cultists. No doubt the visuals are excellent and it looks cool in some ways - love the Shanghai scenes, they pop against the more mundane settings - but the sullen Bond at the start and the overall darkness (literally and in tone) point to another dour Bond that is unfortunately not my taste. Craig's last line at least gives hope that he will be a cooler and less scowling Bond, in subtle degrees anyway. I know you can't really tell from a teaser. I'm still looking forward to seeing it and, as usual, I want it to be a success.

Same here. I am hoping that it will be a cracker but right now it isn't screaming Bond at me. Generic stock footage-style night time helicopter shots of Asian cities induce yawns I am afraid.

Er, dear Getafix.

We are not going back to the Moore/Dalton/Connery era. This is a new era completely different. Not better. Not worse. Just different.

Give it a try.

Dear Steve, u've obviuosly missed my comments on CR, QoS and DC and Dalts and Lazenby, all of which I am a fan of. try your condescending tone on someone else. Btw, this thread is about the SF trailer and responses to it.
    actonsteve wrote:
    The Olympics are around the corner please please reference all Bourne falling into water scenes here, jeeeessssssuz!!!!!!

They are seeing Bourne references everywhere. Its like Pink elephants on parade. They will be seeing Bourne references in awkwardly shaped vegetables next.

It sort of made me think of Spooks rather than Bourne for some reason. Not that thats a bad thing. This is afterall contemporary espionage in a popular medium
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

It sort of made me think of Spooks rather than Bourne for some reason. Not that thats a bad thing. This is afterall contemporary espionage in a popular medium

The tube train crash impressed me most. I dont think that has been done in any film yet.

And Bond jogging is obviously a reminiscent of Rocky...

More than previously movies, the trailer reminds me of the novels... the interrogation (or evaluation), the London location, and everything. That final line of Craig is not only pure Bond but also pure Fleming... the sadistic feeling of killing.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 11,189
    actonsteve wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

The tube train crash impressed me most. I dont think that has been done in any film yet.

In England? No. In Bond? No. The closest I've seen to that is Die Hard with a Vengence.

I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing any English police cars in Bond previously either. Perhaps thats why I thought of Spooks.
    I'm SO enthused by this TEASER trailer...... when the trailer "proper" gets released I'm sure we'll get some of the items come through which a few feel is missing at this point i.e humour in the dialogue etc.

For me the incredible thing was the demonstration of interest elsewhere; BBC News devoting over 6minutes to the interviews, their video article on their website is getting higher views than stories on the Olympics, and the fact the trailer was released made headline news on national radio stations here in the UK, I cannot remember ever hearing a news headline about another film trailer and rarely a film being premiered, let alone the release of the teaser trailer!!

Makes me happy (and a little proud) to be a Bond fan!!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    DCisared wrote:

If anyone is interested , the trailer is on playstation store so you can store it on your ps3 :D
    Thanks for the tip!

There's 2 different part of the store , 'Game' and 'Video' it's in the video section and the whole page is decorated in a skyfall theme :)
    Only took about 2 minutes to download in HD :D

Hope that helped :)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    DCisared wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Thanks for the tip!

There's 2 different part of the store , 'Game' and 'Video' it's in the video section and the whole page is decorated in a skyfall theme :)

I'll try again! Might be different on US/UK store also perhaps. I guess I have Europe/(UK)
  • anyone know where to get an HD download ??
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    MGW on BBC Breakfast show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00sx7z9

The video doesn't work for me.

Does anyone know if it's on YouTube or something?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 3,168
    actonsteve wrote:
    "Speed" with Keanu Reeves?
    anyone know where to get an HD download ??

Just paste the YouTube url into www.keepvid.com and choose 1080p download.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

In England? No. In Bond? No. The closest I've seen to that is Die Hard with a Vengence.

I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing any English police cars in Bond previously either. Perhaps thats why I thought of Spooks.

TWINE says hi.
  • tqbtqb
    Sounds like bond might be considered a little mentally unstable in this film--maybe hence the more humor he finds in his job
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,347
    DCisared wrote:
    Nah I can't find anything called Video in the PS store. I've browsed through every category and the search function for something looking like a movie trailer, but nope :/

Mine doesn't look like this, I don't have the Games/Videos option in the upper left corner.
    doubleoego wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

TWINE says hi.

D'oh, forgot about that :p
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,329
    DCisared wrote:
    Nah I can't find anything called Video in the PS store. I've browed through every category and the search function for something looking like a movie trailer, but nope :/

(I don't have Plus)

I'm in the uk amigo and Its still here
    On the XMB menu try accessing the store via video rarther than game?
    No playstation plus for me too.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,347
    DCisared wrote:
    I tried that too.. Can't access the store at all from the video icon, only from game icon and network or whatever it's called. I guess Sweden is banned from the Video store :)

I take it your store looks like this? Mine doesn't, I don't have the Games/Video options in the upper left corner.

Bummer.

Edit: Yeah, that's the case. Different stores in every country, so I'm doomed. Thanks for your help though!
    Zekidk wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    "Speed" with Keanu Reeves?

Yeah but that is the LA subway I was talking about the London underground. I have seen cannibals in tunnels at Russell Square on film but no tube crashes.
  • Oh also guys, I got the download from here in HD, opened in quicktime, it looks great and runs smooth! As if you could appreciate the cinematography any more!

Just click the Yahoo 1080p option, and "save link"

http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/skyfall/

DCisared wrote:
    I tried that too.. Can't access the store at all from the video icon, only from game icon and network or whatever it's called. I guess Sweden is banned from the Video store :)

I take it your store looks like this? Mine doesn't, I don't have the Games/Video options in the upper left corner.

Bummer.

Edit: Yeah, that's the case. Different stores in every country, so I'm doomed. Thanks for your help though!

Ahhhhh that sucks! Sorry to hear that mate , no worries
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Oh also guys, I got the download from here in HD, opened in quicktime, it looks great and runs smooth! As if you could appreciate the cinematography any more!

Just click the Yahoo 1080p option, and "save link"

http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/skyfall/

Thanks for that! I was a little disappointed by the quality of the 1080p version on YouTube. But this one's perfect.
    Getafix wrote:
    Any one else put off by the Dubstep music?

For the love Dench! Please please....ah we've been here before.

I don't mind the Dubstep but it won't be in.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Getting ready to watch it again - so excited! I may not be around this area much, as it appears the scenes are being dissected more fully, and I don't know much about that.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    The man who was interviewing Bond in the trailer's name is Nicholas Woodeson. (The actor, not the character)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The man who was interviewing Bond in the trailer's name is Nicholas Woodeson. (The actor, not the character)

I remember him from 'Rome' :)