Skyfall - Teaser Trailer (Spanish)
    CLICK TO WATCH

Skyfall - Teaser Trailer (Russian)
    CLICK TO WATCH

xxx
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks for all the hard work Marketto!
    The man who was interviewing Bond in the trailer's name is Nicholas Woodeson. (The actor, not the character)

I remember him from 'Rome' :)

He must be playing Dr. Hall.
  • actonsteve wrote:
    The tube train crash impressed me most. I dont think that has been done in any film yet.

I warmly recommend watching "Silver Streak", a comedy from the 70s, it has an almost identical scene, it even features Richard Kiels as "Jaws"! I think it's the only non-Bond where Kiels is "Jaws"!

Here's a version of the trailer paired with the first official trailer for 007: Legends. The first mission is Moonraker.

yes yes yes waited all day to get home from working 12 hour shift and got not one but two trailors omg thankyou for the links

[-O<
    Love the trailer. The shadowy figure of Silva gives me a Joker-vibe!
    If there was an Oscar for best trailer this would win! Best trailer since Dark Knight.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I know that they should be aiming to give the fans the best Bond experience we've had in years, but in all honesty, these shots do look Oscar-worthy. It's incredible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, I can't stop watching it! I love seeing the shooting range and seeing Bond in the outfit he is wearing during the interrogation makes me positive that he gets pulled from shooting guns, a la MR (novel). I am so pumped for the film, and that last shot of (Silva??) is too good to be true. I looks amazing. We have blood chilling action, drama, Bond in a tux, and the fact that Bond knows of Skyfall and is so affected by its utterance sends tingles up my spine! Get here now November!!!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I know that they should be aiming to give the fans the best Bond experience we've had in years, but in all honesty, these shots do look Oscar-worthy. It's incredible.

IMO it's the right move from EON - the franchise should hunt the oscars it deserves : the technical ones. I always believed that Bond movies should be at the frontline of cinematic innovation.
  • This thread needs a poll please!

This is nothing like Bourne at all more Bond like
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 678
    LeChiffre wrote:

In every era the Bond writers/producers seem to look for inspiration from what is popular in the cinemas around that time. I detect a number of moments of 'inspiration' from 'The Dark Knight' in the Skyfall script.
    e.g. Silva and his men concealing themselves by dressing up as policemen, Silva being imprisoned in an isolation room and then escaping.
    Empire magazine also has a Skyfall Teaser Trailer Breakdown...

http://www.empireonline.com/features/skyfall-teaser-trailer-breakdown/

There's a few good observations such as the shooting range scene where his aim is seriously off. Look carefully: neither bullet has hit the target!

Worth a look.
    So why is the whole interrogation scene taking place? It looks like with everything that is shown during the conversation, Bond isn't in the service any more, or has been gone for some time, given the shooting target and the jogging.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    LeChiffre wrote:

In every era the Bond writers/producers seem to look for inspiration from what is popular in the cinemas around that time. I detect a number of moments of 'inspiration' from 'The Dark Knight' in the Skyfall script.
    e.g. Silva and his men concealing themselves by dressing up as policemen, Silva being imprisoned in an isolation room and then escaping.

Can we please utilize spoiler tags?! Do I have to leave this thread too? Damn!
  • So funny, when I got into work this morning and was looking at the trailer on Youtube there were about 150 hits, now there are 262,142!
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 678
    Ooops sorry 0Brady. I've point the spoiler tags in, do you want to do it in your post to so others don't see?
    Ooops sorry 0Brady.

Don't just apologize to me.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,347
    <b>Yep remember to use spoiler tags folks since this is a general discussion about the teaser trailer for everyone, even those who aren't spoiler keen.</b>
    Yep, that's why I keep leaving this thread: lack of spoiler tags. I'm learning way too much, and we're here to discuss the teaser trailer. At least have the decency to throw in a spoiler tag to anything that isn't absolutely obvious FROM the trailer.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,630
    Anyone want a giant spoiler?
    Daniel Craig plays James Bond in the film

TrollFace.png
  • tqbtqb
    Anyone want a giant spoiler?
    Daniel Craig plays James Bond in the film

TrollFace.png

PUT THAT IN THE SPOILER THREAD. WAY TO RUIN THE MOVIE
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,215
    Creasy47 wrote:
    So why is the whole interrogation scene taking place? It looks like with everything that is shown during the conversation, Bond isn't in the service any more, or has been gone for some time, given the shooting target and the jogging.
    It's not an interrogation, it's a psych evaluation word association game. Bond "dies" during the PTS after he falls from the bridge into the water, and Mi6 believess him to be dead. He's laying low in Turkey when he sees on the news Mi6 is attacked, so he goes back to London and comes back from the dead. Since he's been out of work for a while he's a needs to be tested and re-evaluated to make sure he's fit for service again both physically and mentally.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I lost count of how many times I watched it.
    Listened to it during the day also, while I was working and I highly recommend it. I have no idea who made the soundtrack for the teaser but must be a genius, the Bond theme is there, well conceived probably just for our unconscient to detect, but it's there from the beginning!
    I downloaded it so that I can play it on my tv and wow! The photography is indeed top notch. I noticed something
    some extra from Q's lab did a blog post and said he had seen Fiennes in Pinewood and he was wearing an arm holder. Look closely at the evaluation scene, I can't spot the holder but by the way his suit looks his arm is injured

And please stop with the comparisons with Bourne. I like the Bourne films a lot but as I always said Bourne is a Bond imitator and not the opposite! By the way and a bit off topic (sorry), watched the Bourne Identity two days ago after not having watched it in a couple of years and I had the weird impression that it is not as good as I remembered it to be! It is aging badly, I'm afraid (honestly).
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Sandy wrote:
    And please stop with the comparisons with Bourne. I like the Bourne films a lot but as I always said Bourne is a Bond imitator and not the opposite! By the way and a bit off topic (sorry), watched the Bourne Identity two days ago after not having watched it in a couple of years and I had the weird impression that it is not as good as I remembered it to be! It is aging badly, I'm afraid (honestly).

Neither of them imitate the other, they're both good film franchises and they're both different. I don't think Bourne is aging badly either.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's not an interrogation, it's a psych evaluation word association game. Bond "dies" during the PTS after he falls from the bridge into the water, and Mi6 believess him to be dead. He's laying low in Turkey when he sees on the news Mi6 is attacked, so he goes back to London and comes back from the dead. Since he's been out of work for a while he's a needs to be tested and re-evaluated to make sure he's fit for service again both physically and mentally.

Thank you very much for that; sounds like a cool concept.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:

Neither of them imitate the other, they're both good film franchises and they're both different. I don't think Bourne is aging badly either.

I love the Bourne films, that is not the question. But watching it again, considering how much I loved that film (my favourite from the 3), I was a bit disapointed. It felt strange.

When I said imitator I go back to the origins of Bourne, the character. Amnesia? Brain wash? JB initials? The list goes on and it's all from our old friend Bond and sometimes people forget about it. I like Bourne a lot but I stick to this opinion.
    I loved all the Shanghai shots--the colors really pop. Visually stunning, as others have commented. Craig looks like he really owns the role this time around. But I do agree with some who mentioned that it has a very bleak feel. Definitely the most Nolan-Bond film to date. I was hoping for a bit more glamour and, 'fun' to be honest. I'm confident this film will be light years ahead of QOS, but I'm just hoping it's "classy" the way the 60's films were...I didn't get the "classic Bond movie feel" the way Mendes and Craig have talked it up, based on the trailer. Just saying. But I remain optimistic.
  • I want to know what film critics are saying about this......the first TDKR teaser wasnt well received
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 2,015
    French dubbed version :

And since "Done" is not translated the same way whether it means "This interview is over" or "The job was done", well, we know what meaning it is (although the translator may have made a guess).
    Skyfall ? Case closed
  • tqbtqb
    so whens the next trailer? lol