Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2018 Posts: 2,541
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    I'm loving this well put together trailer from Microsoft of the Forza car pack. Excellent attention to detail with the movie references!

Rome car choose looks better than the film absolutely stunning.
    I'm loving this well put together trailer from Microsoft of the Forza car pack. Excellent attention to detail with the movie references!

Rome car choose looks better than the film absolutely stunning.
    Apologies for double post.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

0:47

CJH.gif

Why couldn't the Gran Turismo series had done this 007 Pack?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    octofinger wrote: »
    Good lord, that trailer is outstanding. Hopefully it lights a fire under some people at EON/DanJaq and gets them interested in a new game.

For my money, I'm not interested in a totally open world. I'd prefer something more akin to Uncharted: a 3rd-person game (so I can see Bond being Bond), with a blend of action, espionage, driving, and etc., in beautiful, richly-rendered environments.
    +1
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    octofinger wrote: »
    Good lord, that trailer is outstanding. Hopefully it lights a fire under some people at EON/DanJaq and gets them interested in a new game.

For my money, I'm not interested in a totally open world. I'd prefer something more akin to Uncharted: a 3rd-person game (so I can see Bond being Bond), with a blend of action, espionage, driving, and etc., in beautiful, richly-rendered environments.
    +1

+2

This is actually a very good sign. We’re getting something Bond related in a proper video game, not just some lame mobile game or slot machine. EON have finally allowed the Bond license to be used for a game for the first time in a while. More 007 games may be on the horizon.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Even if select games from here have a 007 expansion to be bought, it could make for some real fun.
    I think a modern redo of Tomorrow Never Dies could be pretty cool for a Bond game.
  • octofinger wrote: »

Man. As a Playstation 4 user this leaves me feeling pretty...sad. :(
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I think a modern redo of Tomorrow Never Dies could be pretty cool for a Bond game.
    But, definitely not with Craig. A Brosnan-like generic Bond or Brosnan himself would be terrific.

If only they would base Bond on this character model, enhance it or remaster it. Always loved this Bond.

3Oxe56o.jpg
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Amazing trailer.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    But, definitely not with Craig. A Brosnan-like generic Bond or Brosnan himself would be terrific.

If only they would base Bond on this character model, enhance it or remaster it. Always loved this Bond.

3Oxe56o.jpg

Agent Under Fire, right?
    @ClarkDevlin Right; I should have added that. Brosnan himself could come back to voice act; it would be awesome! I think TND may have the most video game potential of the Bond films. And it definitely should keep Brosnan Bond!

3Oxe56o.jpg
    Agent Under Fire, right?
    Correct.
    @ClarkDevlin Right; I should have added that. Brosnan himself could come back to voice act; it would be awesome! I think TND may have the most video game potential of the Bond films. And it definitely should keep Brosnan Bond!
    Definitely, FoxRox. Sadly, the TND game itself was nothing short of garbage. The ideas are there, but it's very poorly developed and designed.
  • FoxRox wrote: »

3Oxe56o.jpg
    Agent Under Fire, right?
    Correct.
    Definitely, FoxRox. Sadly, the TND game itself was nothing short of garbage. The ideas are there, but it's very poorly developed and designed.

Man. I miss that game.

3Oxe56o.jpg
    Agent Under Fire, right?
    Correct.
    Man. I miss that game.
    Can't believe it's been 17 years. :O
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I can't believe that's it's been a decade since the QOS game. Crazy.
    I remember reading the announcement article on MI6-HQ.com just yesterday. Damn!
    I am getting it definitely
  • Sign me up for this 007 DLC. I almost can't believe we are getting an actual 007 licenced gaming product..that finally looks good! The Forza Horizon series is a blast, recently tried the latest demo. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can only hope the DLC pack sells quite well and someone responsible realizes there's still a large market for 007 gaming. It's been a long, long time.
    I’m pleased to see that this game is coming to PC. I couldn’t justify buying an Xbox when I already have a PS4, but upgrading my PC is something I’ve been wanting to do for awhile.
    I do have a question are their levels based on classic bond chases as we see in the trailer?
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    I do have a question are their levels based on classic bond chases as we see in the trailer?

I haven't heard anything, but the game is set in England, primarily.

I know there's a Halo race too with the Warthog and Master Chief.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have all the Forza games I'll be buying Forza Horizon 4 day one, the Bond cars on a Hot Wheels type track oh yeah!
  • Whenever I open my PS4 and I scroll through my list of games, there's a part of me that dies a little inside whenever I see the lack of 007. I have a folder just for 'hero' games, where I keep the rebooted Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Batman: Arkham, Spiderman and it kills me that I can't keep a good old Bond game tucked away in there.
  • I do try to make do though, my main character in GTA Online is very Bond ish, I frequently dress him in suits and tuxedos and drive around the in game versions of the Astons and BMW's
    So Telltale Games is going under. I guess those hoping they'd do a Bond game will never see it.

Update from the video description: "This story is still developing, and now the case may be that the remaining staff is finishing Minecraft: Story Mode for Netflix, not The Walking Dead, as we speculated, and TWD may be canceled immediately after all. Netflix is looking for new interactive content partners. We'll provide a further update in Monday's roundup."
    Sucks but oh well I also am annoyed as this means no Batman season 3 nor do we have any new Batman game on the horizon either
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I didn't see that coming; I thought Telltale was doing quite well. Anyway, I'll remember some of their earlier games fondly, like Sam & Max, even though the writing was definitely not as good as in the LucasArts game.

Will someone give us more Sam & Max?!