Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Yes, @BMW_with_missiles. Shadow Stalkers is the one you’re referring to. It was supposed to come out this year, but nothing was made past the announcement of the title. I asked both 3D Realms and ZOOM Platform about the status of the game and they didn’t reply. It looks like it’s canned.

That’s unfortunate @ClarkDevlin . It was one of only a handful of upcoming games that I was looking forward to.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yes, @BMW_with_missiles. Shadow Stalkers is the one you’re referring to. It was supposed to come out this year, but nothing was made past the announcement of the title. I asked both 3D Realms and ZOOM Platform about the status of the game and they didn’t reply. It looks like it’s canned.

That’s unfortunate @ClarkDevlin . It was one of only a handful of upcoming games that I was looking forward to.
    Agreed. Very unfortunate. I was looking forward in seeing Brosnan take the lead of the main player in a spy-themed FPS video game.
  • mgeoff88mgeoff88 At a nice safehouse in Rome... Erm... Bay Area, CA
    Wow... that sounds like a very interesting game. Hopefully it’s not cancelled.

Has anybody tried taking out Alec Trevelyan aka Sean Bean in Hitman 2 yet? If you’re successful, you unlock an exploding pen gadget.

That’s cool of them to throw in a GoldenEye easter egg.
    Ha ha, this is great:

Not a big Family Guy fan, but that was well done.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    mgeoff88 wrote: »
    Ha ha, this is great:

Dammit, that was excellent.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Has anybody tried taking out Alec Trevelyan aka Sean Bean in Hitman 2 yet? If you’re successful, you unlock an exploding pen gadget.

You get the exploding pen just for taking part. I... er... I... kind of failed to kill him. I got a bit ahead of myself, I should have spent more time in Miami before attempting the contract.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

You get the exploding pen just for taking part. I... er... I... kind of failed to kill him. I got a bit ahead of myself, I should have spent more time in Miami before attempting the contract.

Failing to kill Sean Bean is failing your cinematic duty as a James Bond fan.

Oh wow, that’s good to know. Shoot... yah, the best way to prepare for an elusive target, is to play through the map the target will appear on multiple times, pretty much doing recon.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Ha ha, this is great:

Dammit, that was excellent.

Lol love it.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76427676

Bond in super smash brothers would of been interesting
    Yes, it would be. And it's being discussed among the fans a lot. Trouble is, however, Nintendo, Microsoft (who owns Rare) and Danjaq won't ever come to an agreement. Danjaq turned against video games and Microsoft consists of pompous arses.
    Yes, it would be. And it's being discussed among the fans a lot. Trouble is, however, Nintendo, Microsoft (who owns Rare) and Danjaq won't ever come to an agreement. Danjaq turned against video games and Microsoft consists of pompous arses.

Nintendo Japan is the reason behind anything related to GoldenEye, however. They're the ones who refused to allow it on the Xbox Live Arcade despite the exact same deal allowing a port to the Wii Virtual Console.
    Nintendo Japan is the reason behind anything related to GoldenEye, however. They're the ones who refused to allow it on the Xbox Live Arcade despite the exact same deal allowing a port to the Wii Virtual Console.
    That is true. Nintendo Japan doesn't play ball with the other big boys, nowadays.
    It hurts my heart knowing how close this came to being released:

What’s funny is, if they released this game on Xbox One and PS4, no one would complain about the HD graphics. People would just be so happy to go through this classic again with updated graphics and online multiplayer.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

What’s funny is, if they released this game on Xbox One and PS4, no one would complain about the HD graphics. People would just be so happy to go through this classic again with updated graphics and online multiplayer.

Thats what I was hoping for with the GoldenEye Reloaded back in 2011. Wasnt expecting a full blown reboot.
    I wonder if there's a timely limit till Nintendo Japan loses any copyright ownership it has over GoldenEye 007.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I have the emulator so I play GE64 on my laptop.

My ps2 is missing a cord. I was looking for some nostalgia play but to no avail.

We got to have some sort of Next Gen console release. The fact that we havent received anything since Legends in 2012 is ridiculous.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Very much so. We should be grateful by the looks of it that they're giving us some sliver of the cake with that microtransaction-themed Forza Horizon 4.

Otherwise, we'll be living off of pre-existing titles on old gaming platforms or rely on fan-made projects like the GoldenEye games and a Nightfire remake that's pretty much on ice, as of the moment.
    I scratched my 007 game itch by using an N64 emulator to play TWINE. I just used my Xbox One controller, and it made aiming much more tolerable.

There is always the possibility that Everything or Nothing, Nightfire, and the other James Bond games could be made backwards compatible for Xbox One. I know people were vocal about those games on the official Xbox forums during the backwards compatibility voting that they used to have.
    We are vocal towards it, sure. But, as long as the rights to those games belong with EA, and that Danjaq has little to no interest in video games, provided they are also licensed products, the possibility to that occurrence is very close to zilch. It pains me to say that.

That's why I stick to my Dolphin emulator.
    I am going to try and get Goodfinger 64 to work on my laptop if so that will give me a new Bond game to play and I am gonna treat it as a real game and put it into my actual rankings
    I just wish Danjaq would invest interest in making licensed 007 games again. You would think after the debacle that was WOE, they would want to release a new game that does the franchise proud. I still don’t know how Glu Games got the go ahead to do the game... They must have sent Danjaq a bottle of ‘52 Dom Perignon or something.

A supposedly leaked list of games for the N64 Mini was released, and GoldenEye was absent. Not really surprising with all the rights issues concerning the game, but no less disappointing.

Oh wow... I didn’t even think of a GameCube emulator. Because then you could play all those games. I also never really played FRWL (just the multiplayer), so that would be cool to check out.
    The thing is, it's completely silly how WoE got the go-ahead. Glu were no strangers to Bond and previously released sidescroll shooter games on cellphones based on CR and QoS.

They also made a hide-and-seek first and third person shooter for Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation that paid off in 2015 and onward. How EoN ended up giving the greenlight to something abysmal such as WoE is something I'll never comprehend.
    Ah... that sort of makes sense. I had no idea they had previously worked on 007 mobile games.

I did play the M:I game, which was rubbish. Glu Games are very lazy with their shooters. They’ll utilize the exact gameplay from a previous shooter, but then use new textures and models to make it seem like a whole new game, when it really isn’t.

As popular as mobile gaming has become, I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibities for EON to release another tie-in mobile game for the release of Bond 25.
    Personally, I'd rather have a full-time big console video game rather than a mobile game. Mobile games are for those who just want to kill some time when they have nothing better to do.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

Thats what I was hoping for with the GoldenEye Reloaded back in 2011. Wasnt expecting a full blown reboot.

God that looks beautiful.
    Same here. I do actually play quite a few mobile games myself, but I would rather they keep Bond on consoles.

You can’t really do a great 007 mobile game. There’s just too many limiations. If anything, they could do a 007 Companion App that features the latest news, info and trivia on all the films, actor bios, phone wallpapers, etc.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 70
    Thinking of getting Forza Horizon 4 with the Bond cars once I upgrade my PC. I always love open world driving games that not only lets you race, but just enjoy a relaxing drive with your favorite cars in beautiful landscapes, which I've heard FH4 does a good job of. Wish such games exist on the Nintendo Switch, or perhaps... a new Bond game on the Nintendo Switch... but I won't hold my breath.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    GoldenEye's James Bond In Super Smash Bros. Melee? Why It Didn't Happen
    https://screenrant.com/super-smash-bros-melee-goldeneye-james-bond/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I was recently given Garry's Mod for Christmas and I found some amazingly awesome Bond mods for it and kinda created the Bond game that never happened. Well a screenshot anyway.

lzFp0rK.png?1