007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    I'm a little confused, is it 6 classic films + skyfall =7 films or 5 classics films + skyfall = 6 films

It's '5 classics films + skyfall = 6 films'.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I'm a little confused, is it 6 classic films + skyfall =7 films or 5 classics films + skyfall = 6 films

It's '5 classics films + skyfall = 6 films'.
    Ah okay, thank you.

I still don't understand. If SF is being released at the same time, and is free, why not puit it on the disc?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,044
    I still don't understand. If SF is being released at the same time, and is free, why not puit it on the disc?

Because they don't want to spoil the movie. The game is released before the movie.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Well, they could turn the release to make it be After the movie.
    Exactly. Why not just release the game on the same date, or a week or two later.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Exactly. Why not just release the game on the same date, or a week or two later.

That's what I said. I don't see the rush; a few week wait shouldn't be all that bad.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Because CoD Black Ops 2 will be out just a week or two after Skyfall hits. They need to release it earlier to widen the gap between the releases of the two games, and so that 007 Legends makes money, instead of people scrapping it and going to Black Ops 2 instead.
    Because CoD Black Ops 2 will be out just a week or two after Skyfall hits. They need to release it earlier to widen the gap between the releases of the two games, and so that 007 Legends makes money, instead of people scrapping it and going to Black Ops 2 instead.

Sadly, I don't see it making much money. If anything, people may be waiting by that point for Black Ops 2 or Halo 4.
    Yeah like Creasy said, I don't think it'll make that much money anyway, because there's tons of games coming out around that time. So I don't see why they couldn't have waited a few more weeks, since if I do buy the game now, I can't play the SF part.
    Yeah like Creasy said, I don't think it'll make that much money anyway, because there's tons of games coming out around that time. So I don't see why they couldn't have waited a few more weeks, since if I do buy the game now, I can't play the SF part.

I'm not saying it will be, because I don't enjoy being a pessimist, but if the game turns out to play like 'GE Reloaded,' I probably won't even care to get to the SF levels.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm not saying it will be, because I don't enjoy being a pessimist, but if the game turns out to play like 'GE Reloaded,' I probably won't even care to get to the SF levels.

True. And it is on the same engine so there's a good chance that it will do.

I think I'll just pick this up a few months after it's released, when the price has dropped. From what I've seen, I'm not prepared to spend £35-£50 on it.
    @thelivingroyale, couldn't agree more. My girlfriend got 'GE Reloaded' for me as part of my Christmas gifts, and I felt bad, because I kept raving about how fun the game looked, and then found myself disappointed when I played the final product.

I don't see why this game will be any different months down the line for half the price. The online may be dead shortly thereafter, as well, so I'll try out the SP and trade it in or something.
    Ugh I can't find the link but one website actually called the game "Goldeneye 007 Legends" in their preview....Don't get me wrong, GE is awesome but come on this isn't a new "Goldeneye" game!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Now, as I enjoyed GE2010Wii (never actually played Reloaded, but I figure it's about the same), I'll probably enjoy 007 Legends, but there is one thing I want them to put in the game: the ability to jump. I still have no idea why it was left out of GoldenEye 007 in the first place, as there are a great deal of places that it would have been useful.
    Now, as I enjoyed GE2010Wii (never actually played Reloaded, but I figure it's about the same), I'll probably enjoy 007 Legends, but there is one thing I want them to put in the game: the ability to jump. I still have no idea why it was left out of GoldenEye 007 in the first place, as there are a great deal of places that it would have been useful.

Amen to that, brother! Nightfire's jumping ability is part of what makes it so much fun! Sometimes it's easier to get around the maps quicker by jumping while running!

00Beast wrote:

Amen to that, brother! Nightfire's jumping ability is part of what makes it so much fun! Sometimes it's easier to get around the maps quicker by jumping while running!

It was always fun in Nightfire finding alternate paths by jumping. Like on the castle level when you jumped over the wall at the start, you found armour, a bonus, and a grappling point that let to a ledge, which was an easy way to get in stealthily. You could also jump into the delivery truck and it would drive through with you hidden inside.

We need more stuff like this in Bond games.
    and the trailer for OHMSS will be out when?
  • RC7RC7
    Jumping is all well and good but it's absence in GE 64 wasn't even noticeable. The game was effectively The Matrix of video games at the time. It just exploded and every wanted to play it. The best thing about having no jump function was that it gave the game a slick feel and required more skill. Anyone who grew up with PS2's, Xbox etc can't possibly understand how utterly unbelievable this game was at the time. A tad off topic but can't see it bashed for having no 'jump' function. Nightfire was a decent game but it doesn't even come close to the achievements of GE 64.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I always preferred Duke Nukem to GE N64. But GE did have better multiplayer.

I like Nightfire better. NF has just as good multiplayer, with an original story. GE had great multiplayer and the story was good, but I'd seen the film, so I sort of knew what was coming (very fun to play through though).
  • RC7RC7
    I always preferred Duke Nukem to GE N64. But GE did have better multiplayer.

Meh.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    At Nightfire the best part was the jumps. I could make it easier and earn some time by jumping from one ladder to the other by the grids, at the main section of the map.. Although rare times i mistake it and i fall on the ground stills fun :D
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    At Nightfire the best part was the jumps. I could make it easier and earn some time by jumping from one ladder to the other by the grids, at the main section of the map.. Although rare times i mistake it and i fall on the ground stills fun :D

Oh yeah, on Chain Reaction!!!! Just did that actually!!! It's so easy to avoid that one crosswire simply by jumping over the two railings, haha. Ah Nightfire, so many alternate paths and secrets, and after about 6 years, I'm still finding more! It's unbelievable!
    I'm looking forward to this game a lot. I really can't wait to see what the 3 remaining missions are that have to be confirmed. Thunderball PLEASE THUNDERBALL!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635
    My Guesses are TB, DN and LTK.

Ok what size this game is going to have? 30, 40 GB? Because look at the missions. Probably there won't be just 6 missions, 1 for each movie.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Ok what size this game is going to have? 30, 40 GB? Because look at the missions. Probably there won't be just 6 missions, 1 for each movie.

I think by "missions" it means a single storyline from the films. A mission is probably the same thing as a chapter, and there will likely be several levels within in each chapter.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I think by "missions" it means a single storyline from the films. A mission is probably the same thing as a chapter, and there will likely be several levels within in each chapter.

Yeah, I doubt each movie story would be an entire level. In any event, just out of wishful hoping, I'd like to see FYEO, LTK, and TND.
    I want TB, FYEO and LALD
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm guessing based one film per actor, 6 Bonds = 6 Mission, we've had 1 Moore film and Lazenby's only film. so that leaves A Connery film, Dalton Film and Brosnan film and Skyfall obviously.

Moore = Moonraker
    Lazenby = OHMSS
    Connery = I'll guess Dr. No since it was the one that started the film Franchise.
    Dalton = The Living Daylights. More action.
    Brosnan = Die Another Day since it's the only Brosnan film that hasn't been adapted into a game.
    Craig = Skyfall
  • That's a fair guess, but I hope Thunderball is Connery's classic mission!