The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    In the novel, yes. Birthname Donovan Grant.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    Why does Bond ring the bell at the bell tower in QOS. Like, why would he do that?
    I believe he was using the loud sound to startle Mitchell and get the drop on him.
    And to mask the sound of his approaching footsteps.

Well both of those reasons make enough sense to me!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,117
    w2bond wrote: »
    Did Red Grant have a different name in the novel or early screenplay? Was just watching the trailer and it says "Kryzno Grantsky (spelling?) codename Grant"

Krasno Grantski was the Russian name he took when he moved there.

Krasno Granitiski is merely the Russian translation of Red Grant.

And I don't think it's strictly accurate to say this is from the novel. Yes Donovan Grant changes his name to Granitsky upon graduating from the Soviet spy academy but I think the 'Red' is a construct of the film. Unless anyone can point me to the revelant passage in the book?
    The name Krasno is mentioned, but cannot remember that he is ever named as Red.
  • Does Madga answer to Octopussy or Kamal? I am not quite sure.
    Does Madga answer to Octopussy or Kamal? I am not quite sure.

I believe she answers to Octopussy.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 337
    I always got the impression that she answered to Octopussy, but was basically the person Octopussy sent to assist Kamal Khan as part of their deal. The plot and character tree are both quite complicated in Octopussy.
  • What is the name of the musical piece played by the orchestra during the hovercraft gondola sequence in Moonraker? I am quite interested in finding it.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 3,000
    What is the name of the musical piece played by the orchestra during the hovercraft gondola sequence in Moonraker? I am quite interested in finding it.

Here you go; Tritsch-Tratsch Polka, Op.214 (1985-Remaster) by Berliner Philharmoniker & Herbert Von Karajan. http://shz.am/t46948138
  • Thank you.
  • Thanks to everyone who has been answering my q's. Very much appreciated.

I have another one, which is a bit trivial: Did Blofeld's cat survive the base exploding? If Blofeld returns and he doesn't have his cat it will be a travesty.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. I hope they're not going to figure that they've shown the cat, that's done, good enough.
    To be honest, I'm happy with what we've seen of the cat's brief cameo.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Keep it, just so Bond can make more "Hello, pussy." jokes.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh sorry about your hair Blofeld perhaps you could...
    Shave your Pusshy.
    *badum tish*
    One rises to meet a challenge. ;))
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Thanks to everyone who has been answering my q's. Very much appreciated.

I have another one, which is a bit trivial: Did Blofeld's cat survive the base exploding? If Blofeld returns and he doesn't have his cat it will be a travesty.

I assume that Blofeld has an entire operation devoted to the breeding of white cats, probably situated in a hollowed-out volcano.
    The cat survived YOLT, OHMSS, DAF.

It is indestructible. At least it has nine lives.
    IN an interview, Mendes have said the cat have survived at the explosion.
    I don't know if this has been answered before, but why was Sean's voice slightly sped up when he introduces himself in DAF? It sounds bad, especially when he talks the very next seconds. I've watched the trailer and it sounds fantastic at normal speed.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 1,817
    Kostas_P wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been answered before, but why was Sean's voice slightly sped up when he introduces himself in DAF? It sounds bad, especially when he talks the very next seconds. I've watched the trailer and it sounds fantastic at normal speed.
    That is a good question. I saw the trailer recently as well. It definitely sounded much better.
    Good. Not very realistic, but good anyway.
    Good. Not very realistic, but good anyway.
    [/quote]

Yes, but what became of the lizard ?

• Hello everyone, in TLD, why doesn't Bond contact Pushkin from Afghanistan to tell him Koskov is there, so then Pushkin can order his arrest?

Also, who is koskov selling the dope to? If he can get a higher price than what he paid for it, why are the mujahedeen not selling it to that buyer?

Thank you. Watched TLD today and I have it a no 2 in my rankings, despite not fully understanding.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Hello everyone, in TLD, why doesn't Bond contact Pushkin from Afghanistan to tell him Koskov is there, so then Pushkin can order his arrest?

Also, who is koskov selling the dope to? If he can get a higher price than what he paid for it, why are the mujahedeen not selling it to that buyer?

Thank you. Watched TLD today and I have it a no 2 in my rankings, despite not fully understanding.

Bond forgot his iPhone at home.

Seriously, you raise good questions! The phone question can be answered by Bond not being able to locate a phone that he can use to securely reach Pushkin.
    Was Silva's attack on the old Vauxhall building catalyst for Nine Eyes in London? If so, I can see how Spectre benefits from Silva. Especially since SF and SP are just months apart and there were several attacks before the events in Mexico City.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Interesting suggestion, @Gettler. He just liked the thought of getting some payback at the same time then. I like that.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Interesting suggestion, @Gettler. He just liked the thought of getting some payback at the same time then. I like that.

Agreed.

That just about makes the link between SF and SP coherent. I can go with that.

You're a genius @Gettler!

Sadly I doubt P&W or Mendes thought about it to that extent.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Count me in on this congratulatory party, that's a damn good way of seeing it, well done. I liked thinking that there were bigger plans afoot in the background of SF, it actually helped me enjoy the movie a little bit more.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Gettler wrote: »
    Was Silva's attack on the old Vauxhall building catalyst for Nine Eyes in London? If so, I can see how Spectre benefits from Silva. Especially since SF and SP are just months apart and there were several attacks before the events in Mexico City.
    You are my hero, man!
    =D>
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I wonder if Elektra King was working for SPECTRE as well.
    In all probability yes, but we won't find out for decades; it takes a LOOOONG time for official documents to be de-classified.
    ;)
    I always considered her Brosnan's Blofeld. ;)