The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Oh sorry about your hair Blofeld perhaps you could...
    Shave your Pusshy.
    *badum tish*
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    Very nice Murdock!
    One rises to meet a challenge. ;))
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Thanks to everyone who has been answering my q's. Very much appreciated.

I have another one, which is a bit trivial: Did Blofeld's cat survive the base exploding? If Blofeld returns and he doesn't have his cat it will be a travesty.

I assume that Blofeld has an entire operation devoted to the breeding of white cats, probably situated in a hollowed-out volcano.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    The cat survived YOLT, OHMSS, DAF.

It is indestructible. At least it has nine lives.
    IN an interview, Mendes have said the cat have survived at the explosion.
    I don't know if this has been answered before, but why was Sean's voice slightly sped up when he introduces himself in DAF? It sounds bad, especially when he talks the very next seconds. I've watched the trailer and it sounds fantastic at normal speed.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 1,817
    Kostas_P wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been answered before, but why was Sean's voice slightly sped up when he introduces himself in DAF? It sounds bad, especially when he talks the very next seconds. I've watched the trailer and it sounds fantastic at normal speed.
    That is a good question. I saw the trailer recently as well. It definitely sounded much better.
    Good. Not very realistic, but good anyway.
    Good. Not very realistic, but good anyway.
    [/quote]

Yes, but what became of the lizard ?

• Hello everyone, in TLD, why doesn't Bond contact Pushkin from Afghanistan to tell him Koskov is there, so then Pushkin can order his arrest?

Also, who is koskov selling the dope to? If he can get a higher price than what he paid for it, why are the mujahedeen not selling it to that buyer?

Thank you. Watched TLD today and I have it a no 2 in my rankings, despite not fully understanding.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Hello everyone, in TLD, why doesn't Bond contact Pushkin from Afghanistan to tell him Koskov is there, so then Pushkin can order his arrest?

Also, who is koskov selling the dope to? If he can get a higher price than what he paid for it, why are the mujahedeen not selling it to that buyer?

Thank you. Watched TLD today and I have it a no 2 in my rankings, despite not fully understanding.

Bond forgot his iPhone at home.

Seriously, you raise good questions! The phone question can be answered by Bond not being able to locate a phone that he can use to securely reach Pushkin.
    Was Silva's attack on the old Vauxhall building catalyst for Nine Eyes in London? If so, I can see how Spectre benefits from Silva. Especially since SF and SP are just months apart and there were several attacks before the events in Mexico City.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Interesting suggestion, @Gettler. He just liked the thought of getting some payback at the same time then. I like that.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Interesting suggestion, @Gettler. He just liked the thought of getting some payback at the same time then. I like that.

Agreed.

That just about makes the link between SF and SP coherent. I can go with that.

You're a genius @Gettler!

Sadly I doubt P&W or Mendes thought about it to that extent.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Count me in on this congratulatory party, that's a damn good way of seeing it, well done. I liked thinking that there were bigger plans afoot in the background of SF, it actually helped me enjoy the movie a little bit more.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Gettler wrote: »
    Was Silva's attack on the old Vauxhall building catalyst for Nine Eyes in London? If so, I can see how Spectre benefits from Silva. Especially since SF and SP are just months apart and there were several attacks before the events in Mexico City.
    You are my hero, man!
    =D>
    I wonder if Elektra King was working for SPECTRE as well.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I wonder if Elektra King was working for SPECTRE as well.
    In all probability yes, but we won't find out for decades; it takes a LOOOONG time for official documents to be de-classified.
    ;)
    I always considered her Brosnan's Blofeld. ;)
    I still wish they kept Janus as an ongoing enemy in Bronson's films.

That may sound good, but you know they would have screwed it up by dragging it out. Be glad you had a compact story with an actual end.
    Birdleson wrote: »

That may sound good, but you know they would have screwed it up by dragging it out. Be glad you had a compact story with an actual end.

Oh I am ;)
    I love Goldeneye, but the rest of Bronson era just doesn't live up to it.
    Despite all of my problems with the Brosnan Era, for me they have gotten better with age (I didn't really care for them in the '90s), and I miss those isolated missions. I also miss that sense of fun.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Despite all of my problems with the Brosnan Era, for me they have gotten better with age (I didn't really care for them in the '90s), and I miss those isolated missions. I also miss that sense of fun.

The Brosnan movies knew how to have fun. SP tries, but after QOS and SF, it seems they've just plain forgotten how to make a fun Bond flick.

To quote Brosnan: "It's a lost art!"
    All of Craig's Bond films have been extreme fun for me. :-bd
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the first three Craig films, and they were fun in a different kind of way (SKYFALL was closest to a traditional Bond film). I'm just saying I miss that Brosnan lighthearted approach.
    Hopefully the next film/ Bond era will be lighter. I too am sick of everything being dark and gritty, dark and gritty these days.
  • Yes the Craig films are fine (CR is great) but it is time for a change.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    In Skyfall, how much time is there between the PTS and Bond's return to London?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    jake24 wrote: »
    In Skyfall, how much time is there between the PTS and Bond's return to London?

3 months.