The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    barryt007 wrote: »
    i Did not Think so much about Spectre at the Movies but after seen it for a fourth time should this Count Before some of the Connery Movies Before he tangles with Spectre?
    just a thought

I see the Craig films as in their own bubble/timeline,and don't link them with any of the other Bond films.
    It has its own story-arc unfortunately.

Yes, that would be how I would view it too, Barry. No need to overcomplicate matters with prequels or time travel!
    No. You should create one. Or maybe do it in the statistics thread. It might make for interesting reading. I know I would be. A few I can name.

St John Smythe
    R. Sterling
    James Stock

Don't forget Mr. Somerset in FRWL! And in the novel of TMWTGG he called himself Mark Hazard.

Revelator wrote: »
    No. You should create one. Or maybe do it in the statistics thread. It might make for interesting reading. I know I would be. A few I can name.

St John Smythe
    R. Sterling
    James Stock

Don't forget Mr. Somerset in FRWL! And in the novel of TMWTGG he called himself Mark Hazard.

And Sir Hilary Bray in both the novel and film of OHMSS. James Boldman was a John Gardner novels staple alias too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mr Fisher.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Mr. Arlington Beech, the one accompanied by Ms Stephanie Broadchest.
    Peter Franks.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    Francisco Scaramanga
    Burt Saxby
    Klaus Hergescheimer
    Evel Kenievel
    And Topolino
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Dr. Arkov
    Charles Morton, manufacturers' representative from Leeds
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Micky Mouse. :))
    Colonel Toro
    Mr. van Bierk
    Murdock wrote: »
    Micky Mouse. :))

@Dragonpol approved of that line, for obvious reasons! ;)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Why does the Ugandan shoot at bond when he’s kissing Vesper in the hallway?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    OO7's earpiece (linked to the bug in Le Chiffre's inhaler transmitting his girlfriend's sobbing reaction to almost losing a limb) is apparently loud enough for the passing Ugandan to make the connection in the hallway.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Why does the Ugandan shoot at bond when he’s kissing Vesper in the hallway?
    He sees the earpiece in his ear and somewhat hears the echoes of Valenka's exasperation, immediately realizing he overheard whatever was happening in Le Chiffre's room.
    OO7's earpiece (linked to the bug in Le Chiffre's inhaler transmitting his girlfriend's sobbing reaction to almost losing a limb) is apparently loud enough for the passing Ugandan to make the connection in the hallway.

Ugandans have exceptionally good hearing. Its a well documented fact.

And something else exceptional as well but we wont go into that.

Yes, amongst those of the population that Idi Amin didn't cut the ears off anyway.
    i Did not Think so much about Spectre at the Movies but after seen it for a fourth time should this Count Before some of the Connery Movies Before he tangles with Spectre?
    just a thought

I see the Craig films as in their own bubble/timeline,and don't link them with any of the other Bond films.
    It has its own story-arc unfortunately.

ok thx well you are probably right Craig timeline is one on it´s own and i feel that the Craig Movies took a darker and more seriousness over the Connery/Moore Movies Brosnans where also a bit darker but not like Danile Craigs
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    You guys realize that the craig films are a reboot so they are confirmed to be in their own timeline
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Trying to connect most of the Bond eras outside their own connectivity is a hassle as it is. The Craig era did the smart thing and made this Bond and the events of the character isolated and focused to those films.
    Birdleson wrote: »

Note, within the eras it doesn't always match-up (Blofeld?), and even in the present era there are questions raised (how did Craig's Bond end-up with the DB5 form GF, I doubt Dimitrios had all of those extras installed).

Jesus I actually remember when that used to royally piss me off! Now I barely bat an eyelid.

Those were such innocent days before they released SP weren't they?
    Consistency in the Bond films is at the same level as in the Bible or Koran. People lap it up regardless.
    Birdleson wrote: »

Note, within the eras it doesn't always match-up (Blofeld?), and even in the present era there are questions raised (how did Craig's Bond end-up with the DB5 form GF, I doubt Dimitrios had all of those extras installed).

Jesus I actually remember when that used to royally piss me off! Now I barely bat an eyelid.

Those were such innocent days before they released SP weren't they?

I have never accepted the notion that the DB5 which Bond wins in CR is meant to be the same as the one in GF and TB. First of all, it has left-hand drive. Then of course, the GF/TB car has a 1963 registration, BMT216A. Now even the GE/TND car is not identical since its registration is BMT214A (also 1963), and there is also no indication that the latter has "all the usual refinements", or Bond wouldn't have needed (well, he didn't, actually) the shitty Z3 supposedly equipped with Stinger missiles.

Now I realise that the revival of BMT216A (by the way, a reminiscence that everyone loved when I saw SKYFALL in theatres, causing actual applause in the middle of the performance!) makes things more complicated, but still I never attributed it to Q section taking Dimitrios' car apart, converting it to right-hand drive and then outfitting it with those gadgets, complete with Dymo tape markings, before registering in the UK for the first time with a 1963 license plate when it was already after 2006.

However logical that stuff may be regarding this latter-day BMT216A, for me the Dimitrios car clearly is an entirely different vehicle that never appeared in the series before or after CR.
    Yes i do understan Craig Movies are aside the old Movies still i fin Craig Movies to be more serious than Connery or Moore in a way i didn´t actually Think much about the DB5 from Spectre or Skyfall but it don´t have to be the same from GF either.
    it will be interesting to see if Bond meets Spectre again in this timeline since Blofeld wasn´t killed adn when in that case.
    but do you guys, Think that this next Bond Movie will be Craigs last?
    Yes i do understan Craig Movies are aside the old Movies still i fin Craig Movies to be more serious than Connery or Moore in a way i didn´t actually Think much about the DB5 from Spectre or Skyfall but it don´t have to be the same from GF either.
    it will be interesting to see if Bond meets Spectre again in this timeline since Blofeld wasn´t killed adn when in that case.

Yes I think so,if he even makes this one.
    He is ageing very fast now, B25 cant really afford to be delayed if they want him to star in it.

Yes I think so,if he even makes this one.
    He is ageing very fast now, B25 cant really afford to be delayed if they want him to star in it.

He must have caught progeria.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,979
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I've got two questions regarding DAF:

- Did Connery perform the gun barrel walk for this film during its production or is that recycled material?

- Why was the line, "... even though the industry prides itself on the loyalty and devotion of its workers" repeated so shortly after it had been spoken once already by Sir Donald? I understand the necessity of emphasising something but the entire sentence is repeated verbatim. Is there an artistic point to it that I've been missing for all these years or is it lazy screen writing? Furthermore, that line is neither particularly well-written, nor funny, nor crucial to the scene, is it? Why, in a film that cost 7 million dollars in 1971, is this line spoken twice? What don't I understand? AAAH!

I've never noticed that that line is repeated!

Yes, Connery has the same wobble in TB-YOLT-DAF. And the gunbarrel music for YOLT is the zenith of the series.
    Didn't the smart blood highlight the point to M that MI6 shouldn't want to watch their own agents.
    OMG that just occurred to me, purvis and wade are such fools
    Well... at least he told Q to delete the smart blood files. ;)
    P&W should have learned from The Phantom Menace that blood-based stories just don't work.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I have a question...

What kind of lighter does Bond use exactly in the early films (Connery and Lazenby)?

Is it Ronson as in the novels or a Dunhill?

I'm trying to identify the lighter he used in Dr. No (gunmetal black?) but I can't come to a conclusion.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited March 2018 Posts: 2,138
    I have a question...

What kind of lighter does Bond use exactly in the early films (Connery and Lazenby)?

Is it Ronson as in the novels or a Dunhill?

I'm trying to identify the lighter he used in Dr. No (gunmetal black?) but I can't come to a conclusion.

Dunhill Broadboy Mrk II PAT.No440072 very rare. Was 3 variations the one Bond uses in Dr No is the case fit model.