The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Out of all the times a Bond girl manages to assist Bond when he's in a tight spot or needs help, that one is probably my favorite.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2017 Posts: 17,813
    Well, Draco did punch his daughter unconscious...so why would he worry?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Ludovico wrote: »
    My question: why would Draco tell his daughter where to find Bond? He knows who Bond is after and how dangerous Blofeld is. Why would he send his daughter with not even a warning?
    To be honest, we don't know whether he gave her a warning or not. We only know that Draco told Tracy where to find Bond.

Now, Tracy is not someone who'd take "no" for an answer. And she obviously knows how to make her dad do exactly what she wants (e.g. "Tell him, Papa, or you'II never see me again"). Given Draco's soft spot for his daughter, it's not hard to imagine that Tracy made him tell her, even if he didn't want to. At least that's how I've always imagined it happened.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    How she managed to find Bond in the midst of his escape when she was probably under the assumption he'd be atop Piz Gloria is beyond me, though.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. If I'm not mistaken, we don't know for a fact that Draco knew exactly where Bond was. It's possible that all Bond told Draco before heading off was something a bit vague like "I'll be in the Swiss Alps". In fact, if I remember correctly, not even Bond knew he'd end up in Piz Gloria. He seemed a bit surprised when they were about to board the helicopter with Bunt, worrying how Campbell would be able to follow them.
    @gt007, that's a good point, as well. Perhaps she just wanted to explore the area and had the very good luck of running into him during his escape.
    @gt007 These are very good explanations.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The way I see it is this: Draco helped Bond along as much as he could, and went as far as he could with him in pursuit of Blofeld. He got Bond the details about Gumbold that led the agent to Piz Gloria and nearer to his archenemy once in Switzerland. Campbell was working for Draco, so naturally Campbell called Draco sometime before his death and told the man where Bond was, though he couldn't properly communicate with the agent on account of his cover and how heavily guarded Blofeld had Piz Gloria. Tracy naturally got curious about how her lover was doing and what kind of business he was up to, and found a way to get the information out of Draco with some clever bit of manipulation as only she could. As she says during her father's birthday celebration, she knows all his tricks and can play his game better than anyone. She then took it upon herself to head around where Bond was supposed to be, and I guess by coincidence they ran into each other at the right moment around the skating rink.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited January 2017 Posts: 5,981
    delete
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    The way I see it is this: Draco helped Bond along as much as he could, and went as far as he could with him in pursuit of Blofeld. He got Bond the details about Gumbold that led the agent to Piz Gloria and nearer to his archenemy once in Switzerland. Campbell was working for Draco, so naturally Campbell called Draco sometime before his death and told the man where Bond was, though he couldn't properly communicate with the agent on account of his cover and how heavily guarded Blofeld had Piz Gloria. Tracy naturally got curious about how her lover was doing and what kind of business he was up to, and found a way to get the information out of Draco with some clever bit of manipulation as only she could. As she says during her father's birthday celebration, she knows all his tricks and can play his game better than anyone. She then took it upon herself to head around where Bond was supposed to be, and I guess by coincidence they ran into each other at the right moment around the skating rink.
    Interesting theory, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I always thought Campbell was MI6.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Birdleson wrote: »
    He is certainly MI6. He's from the novel.
    I had a feeling he's from the novel, but I haven't read it in a while so I wasn't sure. Thanks, @Birdleson.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339

My thinking exactly...apart from Campbell is MI6 I think.....although I cant remember the book...

EDIT : @Birdleson has checked the book : Campbell is MI6.

edited January 2017 Posts: 40,490
    EDIT: Delete.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Wasn't it South Africa of sorts?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 40,490
    Wasn't it South Africa of sorts?

Damn, that was quick, already deleted the question because I realized that was the answer, since M mentions the "African job." Thanks for the help, anyway! As soon as I posted it, it clicked what the answer was.
    No problem, Creasy. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

What does this mean? Do you want a mod to delete your post?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

He answered his own question, and therefore had no use for it afterwards. Amazing efficiency.

He answered his own question, and therefore had no use for it afterwards. Amazing efficiency.
    Amazing what one can do with technology these days.
    I can delete any comments but my own, for some reason. Speaking of, what's this button do?

*deletes entire forum*
    Now we know you're related to Mary Goodnight. ;)
    That is well known. His full name is Creasy Goodnight.
    What's his middle name?
    What's his middle name?

"Creasy Mary Goodnight."

Just don't tell anyone, they'll make fun of me.
    Don t worry. John Wayne s real name was Marion.
    Don t worry. John Wayne s real name was Marion.

Indeed it is, here's an image of him with Harrison Ford:

f8147e476df48d659ed8ef93058e88a0.jpg
    Is that from the inaugaration yesterday?
    Is that from the inaugaration yesterday?

Good catch, indeed it is!
    So what you're saying is that you acted opposite Brad Pitt not too long ago, Marion?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Just don't open your eyes. In general.
    Anybody knows if Eric Pholmann was ever considered to play Blofeld in the flesh?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Does anyone have any more information on Wai-Lin's supposed role in DAD, aside from what was shown in From Script to Screen? Perhaps those who have read Some Kind of a Hero can shed some light?