The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's the scene transition after Tracy is captured and back at M's office.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    No he's just envisaging the moment when Blofeld's men pull Tracy out of the snow. No rain in the imagery.

I only spotted SP's brief rain moment on the second viewing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s funny, I remember water running down the glass, but I guess it s a fake memory.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    The window...

QyXfvBB.jpg

But, in Switzerland:

aDvMNfq.jpg

OvfD9gG.jpg
    Ahhhhh... Here it is! I'll have to take note.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So a better way to rephrase this trivia question, @bigladiesman, would be, "Which Bond film is the first one to show us rain falling, and not the aftermath of the pour?" ;)

The office scene with Bond and M at the end of OHMSS appears to just occur late in the evening, with no hint of a storm brewing outside. Though that would've been apropos.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Wondered if Bond gets wet, either paddling in the sea, fighting in the surf, swimming etc in every film. this is a bit random so I haven't thought exactly long and hard about it. Have a few blanks........help yourselves :)

Dr No - splashy sploshy in surf with Honey
    FRWL -
    GF - comes out with duck on head
    TB - take your pick
    YOLT - Swims from volcano and others
    OHMSS splashy sploshy fight
    DAF Swimming pool, rig dive
    LALD - swims to island
    TMWTGG
    TSWLM
    MR - fight with snake
    FYEO - dragged across surf & others
    OP - fight with goon
    AVTAK - swims to rig& others
    TLD -
    LTK - plenty
    GE - In the pool
    TND - climax as boat sinks
    TWINE - dives after sub & others
    DAD - Bond's CGI double gets a bit wet parasurfing
    CR - sinking house, speedo scene
    QOS -
    SF - through the ice at end
    SP -
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm sure he gets wet during the boat chases of TMWTGG and QoS (along with the SP finale), and a fish gets inside of the Lotus in TSWLM, so I'd assume Bond gets wet there, too.
    Thanks for sorting that out, @ggl007.
    So a better way to rephrase this trivia question, @bigladiesman, would be, "Which Bond film is the first one to show us rain falling, and not the aftermath of the pour?" ;)

The office scene with Bond and M at the end of OHMSS appears to just occur late in the evening, with no hint of a storm brewing outside. Though that would've been apropos.

Seriously, guys, when I was thinking of it yesterday I surprised myself at the thought of Bond being rain-proof, at least until the Craig era XD
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Seriously, guys, when I was thinking of it yesterday I surprised myself at the thought of Bond being rain-proof, at least until the Craig era XD

Yes, pre-Craig Bond was akin to a water retardant poncho you can get a those low end convenience stores.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks for sorting that out, @ggl007.
    My pleasure, in fact I remembered water down the glass too...
    :-O
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    What year was Timothy Dalton born?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    1946 I believe, though some sources have it as 1944.
    It could be that the Welsh calendar is two years off.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It could be that the Welsh calendar is two years off.
    Yes, the Doctor hasn't fixed that, yet.
    A copy of Dalton's birth certificate would settle this once and for all!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I don't think we should accept a copy.
    The problem is Dalton has said he was considered for the role after Connery left but I don't believe it was ever clear whether that meant after YOLT or after DAF. He says it was for the role in OHMSS but there is conflicting evidence about this.

He said he was about 24 or 25 years old and therefore too young. If he was born in 1944 it means it was more than likely after YOLT but if he was born in 1946 it was more than likely after DAF.

However many, many actors were considered for Bond and I doubt he was seriously offered the role.
    Also, looking at the evidence surrounding dates, at the time of casting a new Bond in 1968 Dalton had only one film credit The Lion In Winter. Yes it may have given Cubby food for thought, but that film was released on 30th October 1968, over three weeks after George Lazenby was introduced to the press as the new Bond.

Dalton also said at a different point that he had already appeared in Mary Queen of Scots when Cubby came a-calling. That film was released in December 1971 at the same time as Diamonds Are Forever.

I would surmise that he has his dates mixed up, and he was considered as a replacement for Connery in 1971/72 after the latter quit for good. And if he was born in 1946 he would indeed have been 24 or 25.
    He was right to say he was too young either way.
    Indeed
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Good reasoning there, @NicNac.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    He was right to say he was too young either way.
    Absolutely.
    vzok wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I don't think we should accept a copy.

Well of course by that I meant the real one! :)
    My question: why would Draco tell his daughter where to find Bond? He knows who Bond is after and how dangerous Blofeld is. Why would he send his daughter with not even a warning?
    Was Draco the one who sent his daughter to find Bond or she came for him by her own desire?
    Was Draco the one who sent his daughter to find Bond or she came for him by her own desire?

"Winter sports? Very wholesome."
    "Just one winter sportsman. And Papa told me where to find him."

I highly doubt she had intentions of scaling Piz Gloria and rescuing Bond, so I'm not sure why Draco wouldn't fill her in on where Bond is exactly and what his intentions are.
    Then, Tracy is the one to ask her father where to find Bond considering she wasn't briefed about where he is. She wasn't "sent" to come for Bond, if that's the only reference line of course.
    I've never been under the impression she was "sent," either. The dialogue all but states that she was looking for him, inquired about it through Draco, and here she is.

How she managed to find Bond in the midst of his escape when she was probably under the assumption he'd be atop Piz Gloria is beyond me, though.
    He sent his daughter insofar as he told her where to find him, knowing she would go there. And even if she does not know about or go as far as Piz Gloria Blofeld is nevertheless nearby. Beside Draco knows Bond is on a dangerous mission.