The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It does make sense that Moon used someone's DNA as a "doner" for his Gene Therapy scheme. Maybe the real "Gustav Graves" was a philanthropist. Heck Zao was getting ready to be one of the Key grips. :))
    zlq0P5d.png?1
    I never understood why Zao wants to look like a high school teenager. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Another one from DAD. You'd think I enjoy picking fault with the film. :P
    Why does Q where safety goggles to demonstrate the sonic agitator ring? When Bond is stood right behind him without any protection.
    http://images.amcnetworks.com/bbcamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/dieanotherday.jpg

Is Bond supposed to quickly put on goggles in the field if he wants to use this device.
    I always thought that was just to make Q seem like a safety-first nerd.
    I think it was to avoid being hit by glass shards x safety first...Bond stands behind him,out of the way.seems ok to me..
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 40,474
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I think it was to avoid being hit by glass shards x safety first...Bond stands behind him,out of the way.seems ok to me..

This, and Q does like to play it on the safe side. In GE, he holds his ears and hides around the corner during the pen/Fred explosion, while Bond stands right in the way, totally unfazed by it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This, and Q does like to play it on the safe side. In GE, he holds his ears and hides around the corner during the pen/Fred explosion, while Bond stands right in the way, totally unfazed by it.
    Don't say it!
    The writing's on the wall ?
    The writing's on the wall ?
    Along with the rest of him! :))
    he he ;)
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Maybe Bond isn't really there, Q could be using the holodeck....sorry I mean the MI6 training simulator to work on his communication skills, it wouldn't make much sense but it is DAD after all!
    Moneypenny might give him a freebie,thinking he is Bond .
    edited September 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Moneypenny might give him a freebie,thinking he is Bond .
    =))

3oz8xy4BfW9w6uqYlG.gif
    Why didn't they remove the memorial plaque from MI6 if they were going to demolish it in SPECTRE?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    An interesting inquiry, @IGUANNA. I guess it didn't seem valuable to the new joint intelligence service. Knowing Denbigh's disdain for field agents, it's likely the new service under his reign, if Nine Eyes had been a success, would have done away with memorials with names of agents on them entirely. Having a memorial would go against his idea for the future of British intelligence with a heavy focus away from human agents and more focused on technology.
    A memorial wall should have fallen on Denbigh and crushed him. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    A memorial wall should have fallen on Denbigh and crushed him. :)

Haha, that would have been interesting.

Denbigh could've been in the ruins of MI6 with Blofeld, and as the place goes down he's in the wrong place at the wrong time and Bond shoves him towards the memorial wall as it comes down on top of him.

Then Bond stands over his flatted corpse and says, "In memoriam" before racing away. :D
    Oh very good, Or how about, "He was crushed under the weight of his own stupidity"? :)
    @IGUANNA, or...

Bond: "I guess we know what the C also stands for. 'Crushed.'" ;)
    "The memory of the fallen is such a heavy burden to bear." :)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    In John Gardner's continuation novels Licence Renewed and Icebreaker, he mentions a painting above M's desk titled 'Cape St. Vincent' by an artist called Cooper. Is this a real painting? Or did, perhaps, Gardner get the artist wrong?
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Anyone know which Bond soundtracks post-Licence to Kill were released on vinyl? The only one I know was for sure is Spectre - but did anything from GE to SF released on vinyl?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I'm about to start a new poll in my "MI6 Community Statistics thread," and I have a few questions about the history of our community, and some info I'd like to confirm. Please tell me if any of the following is incorrect; This site was started in 2011, replacing KTBEU. The web address for the old KTBEU forum was mi6forums.com. KTBEU started in 1998.

Do I have anything wrong?
    Some interesting questions posited of which I have no credible answers, shadmefully.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited September 2016 Posts: 2,057
    Anyone know which Bond soundtracks post-Licence to Kill were released on vinyl? The only one I know was for sure is Spectre - but did anything from GE to SF released on vinyl?

I havent seen a Spectre vinyl soundtrack, but I do have the Skyfall soundtrack on 12'' Vinyl

Edit: Ive just googled it and you can get Spectre on Vinyl. You learn something new everyday....
    I'm about to start a new poll in my "MI6 Community Statistics thread," and I have a few questions about the history of our community, and some info I'd like to confirm. Please tell me if any of the following is incorrect; This site was started in 2011, replacing KTBEU. The web address for the old KTBEU forum was mi6forums.com. KTBEU started in 1998.

As far as i remember ,yes all correct..especially the transfer to this site...i spent all day in a race against time to transfer as many threads from KTBEU to here before the site was deleted automatically...bloody nightmare that was.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

As far as i remember ,yes all correct..especially the transfer to this site...i spent all day in a race against time to transfer as many threads from KTBEU to here before the site was deleted automatically...bloody nightmare that was.

@barryt007 Thanks!
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    "The memory of the fallen is such a heavy burden to bear." :)
    The weight of the pressure of the job rest in peace.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Wasn't someone here going to do a fan edit of SP?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I meant to ask this when I watched it on Friday, and it may be answered in the novel but I haven't read it in so long.

What's the reason for Dr. No spiking the coffee once Bond and Honey arrive? Solely so he could come in and stare at Bond before leaving the room?