"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I don't know what it'll take to get Rodgers sacked, but today's struggle against Carlisle should do it.
    Got out of jail thanks to penalties. Not looking good my friend?
    11231748_1597565706950306_6761656635582929201_n.jpg?oh=2e6cd989277e7471a401c2146c821754&oe=56922C03
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm glad Bournemouth is hanging in there.
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »
    11231748_1597565706950306_6761656635582929201_n.jpg?oh=2e6cd989277e7471a401c2146c821754&oe=56922C03

Literally like clockwork.
    Great to see Sturridge back in action and scoring.
    Hopefully he stays injury free.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    001 wrote: »
    Great to see Sturridge back in action and scoring.
    Hopefully he stays injury free.

Hoping so. I'm a Liverpool supporter and it's great he got a couple on Saturday. Have to say that him and Ings worked really well together....
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Yet another awful result at home. Hmmmm Rodgers gone if we don't win our next 4 games?
    DCisared wrote: »
    Yet another awful result at home. Hmmmm Rodgers gone if we don't win our next 4 games?

I think there could be a change if the Everton game goes belly up. A drubbing could mean a change I think.....
    Shame we lost but atleast our new striker got on the score sheet. Hopefully now he will kick on?

Hilarious watching him yet again blaming the referee. :)) The guy is a pathetique lunatic! The fact that such a despicable hypocrite can have so many fans and admirors simply baffles me!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Yea maybe we'll end up with mourinho!
    What made me laugh about Mourinho was his claim on wanting to be brutally honest, then blaming the ref for not giving decisions. He should be on stage that man, hilarious.
    No Bournemouth fans in here? :D
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,512
    They're currently playing WOTW on Talksport in the build-up to the Merseyside Derby, 'Rodgers facing the SPECTRE of the sack'.
    RC7 wrote: »
    They're currently playing WOTW on Talksport in the build-up to the Merseyside Derby, 'Rodgers facing the SPECTRE of the sack'.

And then he was gone!!!
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Klopp the new manager of my beloved Liverpool FC. Hope he can bring some life back to the Klopp, I mean Kop (I'll get my coat).

And to make it a doubly good day, my native Northern Ireland have qualified for the Euro's. Extremely chuffed, a great achievement. Buzzing.....
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    As a long-time fan of the Bundesliga I can assure you that Klopp's a great manager, but he needs time to get rolling. Liverpool have to be patient in the beginning, he takes a rather long time to get to know the whole team. His relationship with the fans in Mainz and Dortmund was very good. Give him time and he'll bring you very far. ;)

I'm also really happy he left Germany, because there were rumours he'd replace Guardiola at Bayern at some point. He definitely would've lost a lot of respect in the Bundesliga.

I am a Hamburg fan, by the way. We used to be among the top 20 european teams a few years ago and then it all suddenly and inexplicably went downhill. I'm hoping for a mediocre place in the table this season - somewhere between 8 and 13 perhaps. Anything above that would be a surprise, anything below a disappointment.
    00Ralf wrote: »
    As a long-time fan of the Bundesliga I can assure you that Klopp's a great manager, but he needs time to get rolling. Liverpool have to be patient in the beginning, he takes a rather long time to get to know the whole team. His relationship with the fans in Mainz and Dortmund was very good. Give him time and he'll bring you very far. ;)

I'm also really happy he left Germany, because there were rumours he'd replace Guardiola at Bayern at some point. He definitely would've lost a lot of respect in the Bundesliga.

I am a Hamburg fan, by the way. We used to be among the top 20 european teams a few years ago and then it all suddenly and inexplicably went downhill. I'm hoping for a mediocre place in the table this season - somewhere between 8 and 13 perhaps. Anything above that would be a surprise, anything below a disappointment.

I have always been an admirer of Klopp, it's unbelievable what he has done with BVB.
    In Bayern he would have had a short stay as they have impossible expectations and even when you're successful you can get fired :P
    Klopp is a great entertainer, I remember always watching ZDF in 2005 to 2008 when he was commenting together with Kerner for some years, he's the only thing that ever came close to Delling/Netzer :P
    And I'm saying this as a Swiss :)) I wish we had this kind of quality in the sports moderator department on Swiss TV.

Also Klopp is a great comedian:

"Wir treten nicht mit vollen Hosen an. Ich habe extra noch mal nachgeschaut."

"Meine Jungs liegen am Vorabend des Spiels in Doppelzimmern. Ich hoffe, da passiert nichts..."

His interviews and outbursts are legendary :))
    Yes, patience is adviced for any Liverpool fan. It is important to remember that Klopp needed quite som time to get his Dortmund team rolling. His playing style of "Gegenpressing" demands incredible amounts of energy as well as a cohesion and mutual understanding between the players without the ball which needs time to develope. It is also worth pointing out that the legendary Dortmund side consisted of many world classs players. Götze, Lewa, Hummels, Bender, Gündogan, Reus/Kagawa etc. With all respect I can't see any current Liverpool players matching that level as of yet. Coutinho has the potential to get there, but he is rumoured to leave already in january. Sturridge fits Klopp's energetic playing style, but he can't carry the team on his own.

My guess is that Klopp will need at least until next season to get the team to gell, and recruit a better squad as well. Possibly even longer...
    Being a Liverpool supporter, I'm always willing to give new managers time. I did with Rodgers and am very sorry that he didn't get the club to where it wanted to be. I wasn't one of these who were shouting "sack him" after every result. I don't like to hear that at any club, never mind Liverpool. As a "supporter" you should support your team and manager through thick and thin. Unfortunately, top brass saw fit to let him go.

As for Klopp, I am very excited to have him in as Liverpool manager and with time I am sure he will do a great job and bring back to life to the club, and to The Kop on a Saturday afternoon. I loved his style of play at Dortmund and hope he can bring that to Liverpool. I agree that some of the players may not have the potential to adapt and am sure that come January, players may leave and come in. Next summer will be a big one for Liverpool and one that I am sure Klopp will make his mark on this club and get the players he wants. Exciting times for LFC.

Also, still buzzing that Northern Ireland are in the Euro's next year. A seriously great achievement by any standards.
    Chelsea and Mourinho.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That is all.

:D
    Felt robbed against Man City on Saturday! X_X
    Hahahaha! "Easy group" they said. EASY group!

=))
    Their is a good chance their will be no Premier League teams left in the CL after tonight?!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Their is a good chance their will be no Premier League teams left in the CL after tonight?!!!

City already qualified. And Chelsea will need only a draw to og through as well. I can't see Arsenal making it though.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    They'll still get knocked out in the next round but anyway another top 4 finish and last 16 counts as success in delusional Wengerworld.

jobo wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

City already qualified. And Chelsea will need only a draw to og through as well. I can't see Arsenal making it though.

:)) Forgot about City! Oh well!
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,151
    Get in Liverpool. Poor on the night but through to the League Cup Final after a penalty shootout vs Stoke. Buzzing. Get in......

Now hoping for an Everton win tomorrow. All Merseyside final would be great.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Get in Liverpool. Poor on the night but through to the League Cup Final after a penalty shootout vs Stoke. Buzzing. Get in......

Now hoping for an Everton win tomorrow. All Merseyside final would be great.

'Buzzing'???

Can I point out we were playing f**king Stoke.

Less than 10 years ago we had tension filled scrape-through-on-pens nights against Chelsea (at their peak) in CL semi finals.

To see how far we've fallen is just embarrassing. We are European royalty yet after having conceded 4 against Norwichand somehow classing that game as a positive we are now having a lap of honour for hanging on against Stoke (who outplayed us on the night).