"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• YES!!!!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,343
    matt_u wrote: »
    Fun fact: Croatia’s Perisic has been my neighbour for a couple of years, when he played for Inter. Such an a*****e. XD

Care to elaborate? :D

Haha sure. At that time (5 years ago) we lived in the same floor and I was really pissed by the fact that they always left a lot of their stuff outside their unit, so the condo hallway we shared was always packed of children stuff, umbrellas and lot of other things (even tho he rented a massive 5-bedroom unit)! Then, he never ever said hello when we met outside the apartment I never saw him smile, such an unfriendly guy. His wife was nice tho! :D

Now we moved to another place and I'm pretty sure Lukaku took his unit.

Happy for England's victory!
    Well done England! :-bd
  • Congrats England!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Good win, can get better, lets go and smash Scotland.
  • Good win, can get better, lets go and smash Scotland.

sometimes not as easy as it should be...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Good win, can get better, lets go and smash Scotland.

That first 20 minutes very encouraging from England with the high press, getting out of the group should be nailed now... Then its a team from the group of death in the last 16 which will be tough.
  • Good win, can get better, lets go and smash Scotland.

That first 20 minutes very encouraging from England with the high press, getting out of the group should be nailed now... Then its a team from the group of death in the last 16 which will be tough.

agreed, very strong at the start and by far the better team, then Croatia started to settle, then it's a team from group F if they come second in the group...awkward
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,318
    Fun fact: Croatia’s Perisic has been my neighbour for a couple of years, when he played for Inter. Such an a*****e. XD

Haha sure. At that time (5 years ago) we lived in the same floor and I was really pissed by the fact that they always left a lot of their stuff outside their unit, so the condo hallway we shared was always packed of children stuff, umbrellas and lot of other things (even tho he rented a massive 5-bedroom unit)! Then, he never ever said hello when we met outside the apartment I never saw him smile, such an unfriendly guy. His wife was nice tho! :D

What a d**k, haha! Neighbours like that are the worst. At least you got a celebrity story to tell people about!
    The tragic Eriksen incident regardless, this is shaping up to be a very entertaining tournament so far. Italy, Belgium and England have been fun to watch. Very nice to see after the dreadful dross we got in 2016. May it continue!
    jobo wrote: »
    The tragic Eriksen incident regardless, this is shaping up to be a very entertaining tournament so far. Italy, Belgium and England have been fun to watch. Very nice to see after the dreadful dross we got in 2016. May it continue!

Agree, all three teams you mentioned have played some good football.
  • jobo wrote: »

yes, it's quality stuff, almost makes it worth the wait

Definitely going to be a good tournament, I think France will win it with Italy dark horses. England need to avoid France in the last 16.
  • I think Italy will win with France in the final
  • Portugal will probably get to the semi-finals as well

Definitely going to be a good tournament, I think France will win it with Italy dark horses. England need to avoid France in the last 16.

The fact that France is the best team, makes me assume they won't win it. The fact that Italy had a positive start makes me think they won't win it either ;)

The fact that France is the best team, makes me assume they won't win it. The fact that Italy had a positive start makes me think they won't win it either ;)

Peaking too early can be problematic, growing into a tournament usually helps unless the team is just far superior to the rest.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,343

What a d**k, haha! Neighbours like that are the worst. At least you got a celebrity story to tell people about!

Yeah you can say that. Next fall we will move again, this time to my fiancé's new place and our neighbors will be Pogba and Dybala. Well, they own those apartments but since they both don't play in Milan who knows who's gonna stay there. Pogba will probably come to Milan to party during some Fashion Week. XD
    I think Italy will win with France in the final

No way :D.

I still suffer for Trezeguet's golden goal at Euro 2000. Thank God we returned the favor in 2006... with interests. :D
  • Half Austrian so rooting for Austria in their game against North Macedonia - I wish them well though seeing as it's their first european championship

Yeah you can say that. Next fall we will move again, this time to my fiancé's new place and our neighbors will be Pogba and Dybala. Well, they own those apartments but since they both don't play in Milan who knows who's gonna stay there. Pogba will probably come to Milan to party during some Fashion Week. XD

Fingers crossed living at the new place will be better than sharing a floor with Perišić! Can imagine Pogba throwing some huge parties though…

Fingers crossed living at the new place will be better than sharing a floor with Perišić! Can imagine Pogba throwing some huge parties though…

Yep I can definitely see that happening!

Yep I can definitely see that happening!

Let us know if you get an invite! :D
    Wow! Patrick Schick has just scored the goal of the tournament! :-O
    Wow! Patrick Schick has just scored the goal of the tournament! :-O

Great lob, Czechs were better than I was expecting England duly warned. Scotland were toothless.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Czechs have a history with world class lobbing ;)

GoldenGun wrote: »
    Czechs have a history with world class lobbing ;)

Ex Man united player, we signed Poborsky soon after that tournament.
  • Great goal from Slovakia! A lone effort too!!
    How are Sweden not leading, what a miss. Spain possession football not fruitful at the moment.
    How are Sweden not leading, what a miss. Spain possession football not fruitful at the moment.

To be fair Spain has had many more chances than Sweden's one, and if a team can count themselves unlucky to not be leading the game, it's them. But I do know it is common for many English football fans to talk down possession based teams and Spain in particular... ;)

To be fair Spain has had many more chances than Sweden's one, and if a team can count themselves unlucky to not be leading the game, it's them. But I do know it is common for many English football fans to talk down possession based teams and Spain in particular... ;)

Personally I think Spain lack a cutting edge, United and City for example in England often dominate possession in games I have no issue with it as long as it leads to scoring.