"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• 2-0.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,591
    Captain Kane woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 - 0 to England Grealish assist class player.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    They think it's all over .......
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    They think it's all over .......

... I will say the other line to that in 4 minutes lol
  • Captain Kane woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, great to see Kane score especially after his less than stellar form. Crucial goal as well.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    This Euro 2020 is shaping up to be the best chance for England to win something since… uhm… 1966…

Playing basically all the games at home is a big factor too.
  • They think it's all over .......

you're not wrong, 2 goals with injury time is possible...not to destroy the English spirit
    Captain Kane woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, great to see Kane score especially after his less than stellar form. Crucial goal as well.

Grealish has to start him and Shaw linked up so well on the left created both goals. Come on England!!!
  • 007 seconds left...
    ...it is now!!!!

England deserved the win, our defence is going to be tough to get past.
  • ...it is now!!!!

England deserved the win, our defence is going to be tough to get past.

yes, a deserved win
    Redemption for Southgate.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    =D> England look like a winning side
  • Redemption for Southgate.
    poor man
    :))
  • =D> England look like a winning side

Sweden/Ukraine will be an easier game hopefully but in the semis, Czech Republic/Denmark is a bit more difficult. Still, nothing like Belgium/Italy.
    Sterling has been world class, he frustrates me sometimes with his final ball though he caused so many problems for Germany today, get in England.
  • Sterling has been world class, he frustrates me sometimes with his final ball though he caused so many problems for Germany today, get in England.

The first goal was exceptional. Good ball, good finish, and a star performance from Sterling today.
    Anyway say what you want but it's always cool to see Germany losing. :D

England now has already a foot in the Final, with 2 out of the next 3 games at Wembley and frankly a couple of easy games ahead against teams like Sweden, Ukraine, Denmark or whatever. The other quarter finals are a different story with teams like Italy, Belgium and Spain.

England is officially the favorite to win.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    Anyway say what you want but it's always cool to see Germany losing. :D

England now has already a foot in the Final, with 2 out of the next 3 games at Wembley and frankly a couple of easy games ahead against teams like Sweden, Ukraine, Denmark or whatever. The other quarter finals are a different story with teams like Italy, Belgium and Spain.

England is officially the favorite to win.

I think now, England can now get to the final. Easier games than Spain, Italy and Belgium as you say.
    Tough games ahead I think Sweden will progress and if we beat them I think it will be Denmark which will be tough, i am realistic England can lose to either side. Germany are not great despite battering Portugal. I think if England were more aggressive early on we could have battered Germany to be honest.
  • Tough games ahead I think Sweden will progress and if we beat them I think it will be Denmark which will be tough, i am realistic England can lose to either side. Germany are not great despite battering Portugal. I think if England were more aggressive early on we could have battered Germany to be honest.

Agreed with this. Judging by 3 years ago, I think England can comfortably beat Sweden (I think they'll beat Ukraine too). Czech Republic and Denmark are both tough teams. I think Denmark will play England in the semi-finals, and after Eriksen, they're determined. That's the great thing about underdogs doing well in these tournaments; anything can happen.
    Tough games ahead I think Sweden will progress and if we beat them I think it will be Denmark which will be tough, i am realistic England can lose to either side. Germany are not great despite battering Portugal. I think if England were more aggressive early on we could have battered Germany to be honest.

England is on the easy side now that Germany is out and both the final and the semifinal are at Wembley, with no A-list teams against.
    This is the best chance since 1966.
  • matt_u wrote: »

England is on the easy side now that Germany is out and both the final and the semifinal are at Wembley, with no A-list teams against.

The final would be tough against Italy, Belgium or Spain potentially...
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,591
    I am not pessimistic though I see every obstacle as a challenge and England will do to hopefully, complancy leads to failure, France showed that. The A game is needed for every game no matter the opponent.
  • I am not pessimistic though I see every obstacle as a challenge and England will do to hopefully, complancy leads to failure, France showed that. A game is needed for every game no matter the opponent.

Yeah, no room for complacency that's true
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 508
    I am not pessimistic though I see every obstacle as a challenge and England will do to hopefully, complancy leads to failure, France showed that. A game is needed for every game no matter the opponent.

Yeah, no room for complacency that's true

which is why I was careful to say easier games rather than easy games
    I am quietly confident as our defence is good.
  • I am quietly confident as our defence is good.

yep, and Pickford was good today too
    matt_u wrote: »

The final would be tough against Italy, Belgium or Spain potentially...

Obviously… but it will be played at Wembley.

England is clearly the best candidate to win now and it would be very cool since England never won an Euro and the only WC they won was… well let’s say it was what it was…
    I am quietly confident as our defence is good.

yep, and Pickford was good today too

Top class keeper he has matured and cut out his antics.