"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    jobo wrote: »

I think Hazard forgot which team he is playing for, Hazard celebrating after Real Madrid Champions League loss to Chelsea. Typically the media have overreacted.

Considering how Bale was willified in Madrid for his "Wales, golf, Madrid" shirt, one would expect Hazard's career in Madrid is over now. No way they will forgive him for this!

Madrid will do well to recoup any of the 100 Million they spent on Hazard, with his recent form and fitness issues not sure there will be a cue for his services unless sold at a low price.

I think Hazard forgot which team he is playing for, Hazard celebrating after Real Madrid Champions League loss to Chelsea. Typically the media have overreacted.

Considering how Bale was willified in Madrid for his "Wales, golf, Madrid" shirt, one would expect Hazard's career in Madrid is over now. No way they will forgive him for this!

Madrid will do well to recoup any of the 100 Million they spent on Hazard, with his recent form and fitness issues not sure there will be a cue for his services unless sold at a low price.

The most likely scenario is probably a one similar to what happened to Bale. He will likely be stranded at the club with hus enormous wages.
    Thrilled with the Norwich boys collecting the trophy yesterday. Totally deserved across the season. Well done to all at the football club, especially the players and certainly the manager who has done an incredible job.

I sincerely hope Farke can retain the services of our key players certainly for another season as they are guaranteed first team football with us.

On a seperate note and believe me I am no fan of UEFA or FIFA. But i am so glad this European Super League did not get off the ground.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14931958/real-madrid-barcelona-juventus-ban-champions-league-esl/amp/
    Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus face two-year Champions League ban after Uefa launch probe into Super League plot
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 17,293
    Yess! The cannon is back! So, so, so much better than the regular badge.

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited May 2021 Posts: 2,354
    Real Madrid and Barcelona Debts: A Growing Problem ???????

Barcelona on the verge of bankruptcy: €1,173m in debt
    Real Madrid’s debts are now standing at €901 million

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/04/22/real-madrid-barcelona-debts/

Football clubs should be debt free or be banned from europe at the very least.
    Agree or disagree ?
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,375
    Nuno leaving Wolves...

Nuno heading to Spurs?
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 17,293
    Wow, that was a surprise! Won't be shocked if Sp*rs make a move for him (if they haven't already done so).
    Wow, that was a surprise! Won't be shocked if Sp*rs make a move for him (if they haven't already done so).

Looks to be favourite for Spurs now, though Nuno is not exactly the all out attacking manager the fans always want. Kane out Jiminez in a possibility...

Looks to be favourite for Spurs now, though Nuno is not exactly the all out attacking manager the fans always want. Kane out Jiminez in a possibility...

He might not be the most inspired pick, but he's a good manager, and will no doubt do well in his next club.

He might not be the most inspired pick, but he's a good manager, and will no doubt do well in his next club.

He is a solid choice agreed, the way Spurs are currently they would be lucky to have him.

He is a solid choice agreed, the way Spurs are currently they would be lucky to have him.

Indeed. He could have been a decent option for Arsenal too, if the situation was different. All recent reports suggests the owners are happy with Arteta, despite the current league position.

Indeed. He could have been a decent option for Arsenal too, if the situation was different. All recent reports suggests the owners are happy with Arteta, despite the current league position.

I bet you want to avoid the inaugural Europa League B, what a nightmare it would be to play in that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12304202/what-is-the-europa-conference-league-who-qualifies-when-will-games-be-played

Hazard for sale £50 million is a figure being mentioned.

Can't see anyone paying that ammount for him

Can't see anyone paying that ammount for him

It would make sense for him to go on loan and prove his fitness over a sustained period. Though Real seem to want to get rid ASAP.

I bet you want to avoid the inaugural Europa League B, what a nightmare it would be to play in that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12304202/what-is-the-europa-conference-league-who-qualifies-when-will-games-be-played

The way the season ended, I think it was alright for Arsenal to miss out on the Conference League, giving them more time to focus on the league and cups. On the other hand, no European football at all makes Arsenal a less appealing option for potential signings…
    Speaking as a humble Norwich fan? I dread transfer windows!!! X_X :-t
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Speaking as a humble Norwich fan? I dread transfer windows!!! X_X :-t

Buendía is heavily linked with Arsenal, though I doubt they can afford to get him. Will be interesting to see how that Norwich team looks like when next season kicks off!
    As a neutral cracking CL Final Chelsea leading 1 - 0.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited May 2021 Posts: 14,880
    Loving the CL final so far . Great goal from Havertz, with a great ball from Mount.
    Chelsea have looked the better side thus far for my money BITC
    Benny wrote: »
    Loving the CL final so far . Great goal from Havertz, with a great ball from Mount.
    Chelsea have looked the better side thus far for my money BITC

Credit to Tuchel, he has won the tactical battle even before the goal. Pep's all out attack backfired.
    Wow Pulsic should have buried the game
    This Chelsea team will be so, so strong next season. Tuchel haven't had long time with this team yet.
    This Chelsea team will be so, so strong next season. Tuchel haven't had long time with this team yet.

Agreed very well organised, they are beating City similar to how United do great counter attacking football.
    Credit to Chelsea great performance, City and Pep were clueless.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    YESSSSSS!
    Champions of Europe
    Benny wrote: »
    YESSSSSS!
    Champions of Europe

Congrats well deserved.
    So Russian oil won in the end...