"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited March 2019 Posts: 17,333
    jobo wrote: »
    Except for the Bundesliga, the title race in all the major leagues seem wrapped up. Liverpool seem to have hit the annual form dip all Klopp's sides experience eventually. They have played badly for quite some time, and I don't see their form changing before it's too late.

After winning a second Clasico in three days at the Bernabeu, Barcelona have extended their lead down to Real Madrid to 12 points. Atlético are the only remaining challenger sitting seven points back, but that should also be too much of a gap.

The Italian and French leagues have become parodies. They were done and settled months ago.

Borussia vs Bayern could be a thrilling race to the line though.

I expect Bayern to win this - again. Would be fun if BVB somehow managed to win the title though.

Still can't get over that this wasn't given a red card!
    Tottenham did their job tonight in the Champions league.

Ajax Amsterdam did destroy Real Madrid in the Bernabeu stadium in Madrid, 1-4 winning. A bloody nice match to watch.
    The VAR seems to have decided PSG's fate in favor of Man U.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    VAR is ruining Football
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    VAR is ruining Football

That is debatable depends if you prefer the sneakiness in football before, another Maradona handgoal will no longer happen. A lot of mischief on the field will no be punished. The likes of Ramos will no longer be allowed a free reign which means football wins and greater player are a lot saver from attacks.
  • RC7RC7
    You’re welcome.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,521
    Incredible result by the United Kids so proud of them, Ole is building something here.

United the first team in Champions League history to progress in a knockout tie having lost at home by two or more goals.

unitedlegends.jpg?w968

Great photo taken after the game
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

This was funny
    Meh....
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Meh....

Go on, I'll bite. What is meh?

vzok wrote: »
    Meh....

Go on, I'll bite. What is meh?

Just Man Utd and Oli.....meh.
    He is on quite a roll though.
    I know..thats why its a 'meh'.

(More like a jealous meh if i'm honest.)
    Paris were poor on those first 2 goals though.
    vzok wrote: »
    Paris were poor on those first 2 goals though.

Personally I think the little Wood Elf's luck will run out eventually..they have played well but have had massive chunks of luck as well,it cant last.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    AS Roma have sacked their manager.
    And Ranieri is favourite according to Sky sports
    And Ranieri is favourite according to Sky sports

Looks that way. Monchi to Arsenal also looking likely.
    Incredible result by the United Kids so proud of them, Ole is building something here.

United the first team in Champions League history to progress in a knockout tie having lost at home by two or more goals.

unitedlegends.jpg?w968

What a great photo, Great to see Fergie looking so well. Retirement certainly suits him, but he has certainly earned it.

On a separate note, I am away after work tomorrow so will be rooting for the Norwich boys tomorrow night when we entertain Swansea City. OTBC!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

unitedlegends.jpg?w968

What a great photo, Great to see Fergie looking so well. Retirement certainly suits him, but he has certainly earned it.

On a separate note, I am away after work tomorrow so will be rooting for the Norwich boys tomorrow night when we entertain Swansea City. OTBC!!!!

Fergie has been involved alot with the club lately he has made a great recovery.

Nightmare night for Arsenal though I expect them to turn Rennes over at home.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,521
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11667/11657988/manchester-united-fan-has-surgery-after-paris-stabbing

The 44-year-old was travelling back to the city centre after the game with three other supporters when the driver took offence to them singing in celebration of United's dramatic late winner.

Sky Sports News has been told the driver pulled over to get them out of his taxi, before pulling out a knife and threatening the female passenger in the group.

The victim tried to intervene to protect her, but the driver then turned the knife on him, stabbing him in the chest with what's been described as 'a large blade'.

He was left lying on the pavement fighting for his life, when one of the group was able to flag down a passing car and rush him to hospital.

The United fan was taken straight to the High Dependency Unit at the Hopital Europeen Georges-Pompidou - and underwent on Thursday afternoon to remove blood on his lung.

Sky Sports News has also been told that French Police arrested a suspect at lunchtime today in connection with the attack, but that the weapon itself is yet to be found

Crazy
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11667/11657988/manchester-united-fan-has-surgery-after-paris-stabbing

The 44-year-old was travelling back to the city centre after the game with three other supporters when the driver took offence to them singing in celebration of United's dramatic late winner.

Sky Sports News has been told the driver pulled over to get them out of his taxi, before pulling out a knife and threatening the female passenger in the group.

The victim tried to intervene to protect her, but the driver then turned the knife on him, stabbing him in the chest with what's been described as 'a large blade'.

He was left lying on the pavement fighting for his life, when one of the group was able to flag down a passing car and rush him to hospital.

The United fan was taken straight to the High Dependency Unit at the Hopital Europeen Georges-Pompidou - and underwent on Thursday afternoon to remove blood on his lung.

Sky Sports News has also been told that French Police arrested a suspect at lunchtime today in connection with the attack, but that the weapon itself is yet to be found

Crazy

Wow, that's terrible.
    WBA have sacked Darren Moore ,with the team in 4th place .....wtf ????

Not high profile enough ?!

What?! But they're still up there fighting for promotion! :-O

Unbelievable isn’t it ? Play-offs at least on the first attempt and they sack him right at the end of the season?! Dickheads

Unbelievable isn’t it ? Play-offs at least on the first attempt and they sack him right at the end of the season?! Dickheads

He's done a great job all things considered. Not every relegated team will fight for promotion the follow season. Just look at Stoke!

Also; what effect will replacing him do at this point in the season? It's a massive gamble for sure.

He's done a great job all things considered. Not every relegated team will fight for promotion the follow season. Just look at Stoke!

Also; what effect will replacing him do at this point in the season? It's a massive gamble for sure.

It’s a stupid decision Torg,with the playoffs around the corner.

I think they have a big name lined up or this is sheer madness,the fans and players love Darren.

It’s a stupid decision Torg,with the playoffs around the corner.

I think they have a big name lined up or this is sheer madness,the fans and players love Darren.

They most likely have to have a big name lined up if they want the fans on their side. But who want to take charge at West Brom at this point?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Burnley scores the opening goal against Liverpool at the 6th minute.