"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Terrible match but it puts us back in 4th .

For now. Can’t you see you beating Spurs or us.

That won't happen, no. Us Arsenal fans can only hope the other top six sides slip up – especially when facing each other (like United and Liverpool today).

On our day we can beat anyone x this is the Premier League.

And I must say I was looking forward to the 3 matches today but they have all been shit.

Very optimistic. You’d have to have a serious slice of luck to do City. You’re really not very good. You played some really good stuff earlier in the season, but that seems a distant memory.

Hm. Someone is acting very tough all of a sudden... ;))

Suggesting Arsenal aren’t that great? Yeah, real big talk. Jog on, son.

It is quite astonishing that whenever you show up on this thread it is to throw an insult at someone or talking down other teams. But hey, whatever makes your endorphines rush...
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

They are in with a chance at the quadruple. The first piece is in place!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Absolute disgrace from Kepa Arrizabalaga today.
    To go into penalties after a goalless full time and extra time, is something of a turnaround after the thumping from City only a few weeks ago.
    Sarri obviously got something right in his tactics.
    However Kepa should be benched for his antics today.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Benny wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace from Kepa Arrizabalaga today.
    To go into penalties after a goalless full time and extra time, is something of a turnaround after the thumping from City only a few weeks ago.
    Sarri obviously got something right in his tactics.
    However Kepa should be benched for his antics today.

If he won't accept being subbed, what makes you thinking being benched will make a difference? ;)
  • RC7RC7

That won't happen, no. Us Arsenal fans can only hope the other top six sides slip up – especially when facing each other (like United and Liverpool today).

On our day we can beat anyone x this is the Premier League.

And I must say I was looking forward to the 3 matches today but they have all been shit.

Very optimistic. You’d have to have a serious slice of luck to do City. You’re really not very good. You played some really good stuff earlier in the season, but that seems a distant memory.

Hm. Someone is acting very tough all of a sudden... ;))

Suggesting Arsenal aren’t that great? Yeah, real big talk. Jog on, son.

It is quite astonishing that whenever you show up on this thread it is to throw an insult at someone or talking down other teams. But hey, whatever makes your endorphines rush...

The conversation was nothing to do with you. Go and tidy your toys up.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,657
    Edited
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,372
    Kepa Arrizabalaga on the bench for Chelsea in the fixture against Sp*rs:
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Sarri had no option, Kepa may run onto the pitch with the starting line up though :))

Sarri had no option, Kepa may run onto the pitch with the starting line up though :))

If that happens, we've definitely seen it all!
    Well chuffed from a Norwich point of view that Leeds Utd lost their game in hand last night at QPR, thank you Steve McClaren AKA the wally with the brolly!!! Lol!
    I am happy with United's away win at Palace more so because of how depleted the team is and stops the Gunners creating a gap.
    I am happy with United's away win at Palace more so because of how depleted the team is and stops the Gunners creating a gap.

Was hoping Palace would win this game, but that would be hopeful at best. At least Arsenal did their job against Bournemouth!

…and thank you Chelsea! :-)

Was hoping Palace would win this game, but that would be hopeful at best. At least Arsenal did their job against Bournemouth!

Almost forgot about the Chelsea game, top four will be decided for United in the Chelsea and Arsenal head to head. Though Spurs losing again means third is a possiblity
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,657
    Mane second goal woah

Almost forgot about the Chelsea game, top four will be decided for United in the Chelsea and Arsenal head to head. Though Spurs losing again means third is a possiblity

Sp*rs losing benefits everyone :-D
    Expect Arsenal to lose away against them however. I can see them punishing the Arsenal defence.

Expect Arsenal to lose away against them however. I can see them punishing the Arsenal defence.

Arsenal win...Sperms are imploding.

Hm. Charming and sophisticated that English fan culture, isn't it... ;)

Hm. Charming and sophisticated that English fan culture, isn't it... ;)

English fan culture,best in the world jobo he he ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Fulham have sacked Ranieri.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,372

I just hope you're right there, @barryt007!

He had an impossible job, IMO. They've spent a lot on new players, but the new arrivals haven't added much to the squad by the looks of it. Meanwhile you have players that got them promoted being left out. It's Ranieri picking the team of course, but there's no doubt pressure from the owners to play the players they've paid a lot to bring in.

As a contrast, Cardiff and Wolves have the same core of players playing every week. Cardiff have every chance of getting related again, but they're just five points behind Palace at 14th. A couple wins and results going their way, and they're out of the bottom three.

They should have at least given him until the end of the season.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    With Ranieri's sacking, 52 of 92 football clubs in England's four divisions (57%) have changed manager in the last year.
    With Ranieri's sacking, 52 of 92 football clubs in England's four divisions (57%) have changed manager in the last year.

Wow! That really is a shocking statistic!
    Well proud of the Norwich boys tonight after a hard fought victory away at Millwall this afternoon.

Roll on next Friday night when we play Swansea at home. I am hoping to start my stag weekend off to a flier with a Norwich win! OTBC!!!!!
    Respect to Pellegrini ,he is class .

One of very few managers who have actually proved they can change a club in turmoil who doesn’t have the money that he had a Man City.

Proving he is a top manager the way he is transforming West Ham x they beat the crap out of my team recently as well .
    Hmmmmmm? Has the title for the Premier League took its final twist?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,372
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well proud of the Norwich boys tonight after a hard fought victory away at Millwall this afternoon.

Roll on next Friday night when we play Swansea at home. I am hoping to start my stag weekend off to a flier with a Norwich win! OTBC!!!!!

That's definitely a good result. Millwall can be difficult at home!
    Respect to Pellegrini ,he is class .

One of very few managers who have actually proved they can change a club in turmoil who doesn’t have the money that he had a Man City.

Proving he is a top manager the way he is transforming West Ham x they beat the crap out of my team recently as well .

Yeah, he's doing alright with a squad that's a bit…uh, hot and cold. Some improvements to that squad could make a massive difference.

Just like with Arsenal really – but we know Unai will never get a great squad with Kroenke in charge…
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm? Has the title for the Premier League took its final twist?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit! Very much in City's hands now how this will turn out.
    Except for the Bundesliga, the title race in all the major leagues seem wrapped up. Liverpool seem to have hit the annual form dip all Klopp's sides experience eventually. They have played badly for quite some time, and I don't see their form changing before it's too late.

After winning a second Clasico in three days at the Bernabeu, Barcelona have extended their lead down to Real Madrid to 12 points. Atlético are the only remaining challenger sitting seven points back, but that should also be too much of a gap.

The Italian and French leagues have become parodies. They were done and settled months ago.

Borussia vs Bayern could be a thrilling race to the line though.
    Sheffield derby tonight! Should be tasty with so much at stake. Not sure who to root for?