"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Oh my, that was a massive win. My shirt is probably more wet than the player's, because this was a nervous watch! A lot of important and difficult matches ahead, so they need to keep going. Mkhitaryan out injured after having some decent games. Can only hope he returns quickly.

Hah! TV2 blaming Moss for being to slow on the pitch. That would never have been brought up as an issue had the result gone the other way.

Thought Moss was decent actually. Apart from the pen, which was laughable.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,376
    Leno had a great game
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,293
    RC7 wrote: »
    Oh my, that was a massive win. My shirt is probably more wet than the player's, because this was a nervous watch! A lot of important and difficult matches ahead, so they need to keep going. Mkhitaryan out injured after having some decent games. Can only hope he returns quickly.

Hah! TV2 blaming Moss for being to slow on the pitch. That would never have been brought up as an issue had the result gone the other way.

Soft pen for sure, but we've seen that given to the other top sides all season too.
  • RC7RC7

Soft pen for sure, but we've seen that given to the other top sides all season too.

Yeah, swings and roundabouts.
    Leno had a great game

His best game for us,getting better every week. !
  • RC7RC7
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Leno had a great game

He was amazing actually. The palm when Lukaku tried to round him was quality.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Leno had a great game

He was amazing actually. The palm when Lukaku tried to round him was quality.

Very quick reactions, Cech may have conceded a few today.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I notice the Man Utd woodland elf would not say well done to Arsenal x all us us us x typical Man Utd prawn sandwich eating scum bag
    I notice the Man Utd woodland elf would not say well done to Arsenal x all us us us x typical Man Utd prawn sandwich eating scum bag

Who are you referring to lol
    Neville

Yeah, swings and roundabouts.

Soft pen against Arsenal coming up next gameweek!
    Leno had a great game

Man of the match for me. Arsenal sure needs a quality GK in goal, and hopefully he'll build on this. With Čech retiring, I wonder who'll be the second GK next season. Emiliano Martínez?
  • RC7RC7

Dude, your stadium was emptying out quicker than an Ebola victim’s bowels - before the whistle! Add to that the fact your season tickets are priced exclusively for middle-class wankers from Islington and it’s forever clear there’s only one fancy pants, ‘prawn sandwich’ eating club in the Prem.
    To be fair to Neville he is quite critical of United generally speaking

Interesting, United have done remarkably well to be in contention considering we were garbage under Jose this season.

Should be nice reading for Arsenal fans

Interesting, United have done remarkably well to be in contention considering we were garbage under Jose this season.

Indeed.
    West Ham on 30% shows a big improvement. Pellegrini taking them in the right direction at the moment.

Dude, your stadium was emptying out quicker than an Ebola victim’s bowels - before the whistle! Add to that the fact your season tickets are priced exclusively for middle-class wankers from Islington and it’s forever clear there’s only one fancy pants, ‘prawn sandwich’ eating club in the Prem.

Touched a nerve perchance ?

And the Woodland Elf or Pixie I refer to is Ole.

Neville is fine,he remains as neutral as he can .
    Well? It's as you were at the top of the Championship. Hard fought win against Swansea on Friday night. Fair play to Leeds and Sheffield Utd with their wins too. Have to say I am disgusted with the Baggies for sacking Darren Moore. Form changes so quickly in this division, they could easily challenge for automatic promotion still as their are still plenty of points available. Utter madness!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Real Madrid is set to reappoint former manager Zinedine Zidane, 9 months after he left the club.
  • RC7RC7

Ha ha, we’ve had a lot worse than that levelled at us. Look, I’ll take any of that gubbins all day from a Palace, or a Millwall, but from the club that charges more than anyone else in the league despite not having a sniff of the title for over 15 years is a bit rich. You’re a full on prawn sandwich club whether you like it or not mate.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 19,339

Ha ha, we’ve had a lot worse than that levelled at us. Look, I’ll take any of that gubbins all day from a Palace, or a Millwall, but from the club that charges more than anyone else in the league despite not having a sniff of the title for over 15 years is a bit rich. You’re a full on prawn sandwich club whether you like it or not mate.

They do charge a hell of a lot for a team that is so damn unpredictable I must agree with you there,old chum.

That's the main reason I stopped going.
    Oh for the good old Highbury old days...*sighs*.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,293
    The ticket prices is a shame, but it's all down to Stan Kroenke & Co. Don't think the prices was an issue until he started buying up shares.

Josh Kroenke (Stan's son) was precent at the club's annual general meeting last week, saying “trust will have to be earned” and insisting the club can achieve long term success. So far the Kroenke's have done nothing to make us trust them, nor making us believe that the club can achieve success under their ownership.

Looking at these stats, you'll see that Arsenal have no funds coming in from owner financing. That's in huge contrast to the Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea. Even Sp*rs have significant funds coming in from other sources than operations. You know things are bad when the fans get excited about a new sponsorship deal!*

*Adidas

c18z8fr1t6821.jpg
    That's disgusting viewing....not a penny from those Kroenke twats.
    What is disgusting is that private ownership of clubs exist at all! I am so happy my two favorite football clubs yave still not come down that dark path!
    That's disgusting viewing....not a penny from those Kroenke twats.

Tells a different story to their ambition for the club, that's for sure.
    jobo wrote: »
    What is disgusting is that private ownership of clubs exist at all! I am so happy my two favorite football clubs yave still not come down that dark path!

That I agree with. Not going to change though, and it will only get worse.
    jobo wrote: »
    What is disgusting is that private ownership of clubs exist at all! I am so happy my two favorite football clubs yave still not come down that dark path

Agree with this x how times have changed since the 70s n 80s.
    Cristiano Ronaldo is still a legend. Juventus did deserve the win.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    We did it. Best Juve of the season.