"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited March 2019 Posts: 17,293
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Oh dear , I fear for Fulham .

Their crazy money spending before this season hasn't helped. Wolves and Cardiff play with a lot (or close to all) of the regulars that got them promoted in the first place.

Indeed.

And that’s why Wolves settled so well and are already an established PL side,and why Cardiff still can stay up .

Stability is the key in your first PL season.

Yep, you can never underestimate stability. Slaviša Jokanović didn't really have much of a chance the way they were buying players. Didn't help Claudio Ranieri either.

:))
    Wolves were able to acquire their expensive players while they were still in the Championship.
    vzok wrote: »
    Wolves were able to acquire their expensive players while they were still in the Championship.

Indeed. But that also means they didn't have to go into a season with loads of new signings.
    Watford away next for doomed Fulham x lose that and they are relegated.

Bye bye Fulham , you and Huddersfield won’t be missed - some big clubs at the top of the Chsmpionship
    Watford away next for doomed Fulham x lose that and they are relegated.

Bye bye Fulham , you and Huddersfield won’t be missed - some big clubs at the top of the Chsmpionship

I've had a little bit of a soft spot for Huddersfield these last two seasons. Great to see a smaller club promoted to the PL now and then. But there's a lot of interesting clubs closing in on a promotion from The Championship now – all of which can give us some interesting matches next season.
    Huddersfield are relegated with 6 games to go .
    Huddersfield are relegated with 6 games to go .

Two seasons in the PL will probably have a massive (and positive) impact on the club though. The TV money could surely be well spent.
    So proud of my Norwich boys with another hard fought away win up at Middlesbrough. Thankfully our players came back all in one piece after International duty.
    A couple of home games now with a 7 point gap to 3rd place. Brilliant!!! OTBC!!!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,376

Spurs new stadium looks good, though there is an echo in there trophy drawer
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Cardiff 1 up get in
    Come on Cardiff !!!!

20 mins to go ,do yourselves and Arsenal a massive favour before Liverpool destroy Sperms later !!!
    Dam Chelsea equalised
    Craig Pawson and his linesmen to send Cardiff down to The Championship? Warnock has every right to lose it on the sideline.

1-2. Will be interesting to hear Warnock's post-match reaction.
    These decisions have probably relegated Cardiff x disgusting,Neil Warnock has been Royally f*****d up the a**e....
    These decisions have probably relegated Cardiff x disgusting,Neil Warnock has been Royally f*****d up the a**e....

It's probably the difference between PL or no PL. Totally unforgivable refereeing.
    Cardiff robbed
    Can't believe the refs in this game, looking at the situations again. Cardiff robbed of a clear penalty by the Rüdiger pull inside the box. Pawson stood close to the situation. Azpilicueta was more than a meter offside on the 1-1 goal, which the linesman should have noticed. Rüdiger should also have been sent of as he was clearly the last man as he fouled Zohore. Sometimes you wonder if the refs have been taking bribes!
    Penalty shootout in the Sunderland v Portsmouth cup final x cracking game !
    Penalty shootout in the Sunderland v Portsmouth cup final x cracking game !

Sunderland in a final? That must have been a while.
    Damnit!
    Too many variables to the Liverpool v Spurs game... 1 - 1
    The day Liverpool bottled it
    I spoke to soon 2 - 1 Liverpool
    Liverpool just managed to keep the title race interesting!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Indeed! It's not over yet, although City have a game in midweek.

Who they playing Torgeirtrap?

Cardiff!

Cardiff!

Cardiff fighting for survival now being 5 points adrift after todays loss!!!

Cardiff!

Cardiff fighting for survival now being 5 points adrift after todays loss!!!

Decent fixture on paper, but you never know!