"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited April 2019 Posts: 17,293
    Arsenal denied a clear penalty in first half against Everton. No surprise there…

1-0 loss away to Everton. A penalty given, and the match could have been different. But it wasn't, and I think that was top four out of reach for Arsenal. Too many away games.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Arsenal denied a clear penalty in first half against Everton. No surprise there…

1-0 loss away to Everton. A penalty given, and the match could have been different. But it wasn't, and I think that was top four out of reach for Arsenal. Too many away games.

I did not see the game though Everton have improved in recent weeks, thought the game may have been a draw today.

I did not see the game though Everton have improved in recent weeks, thought the game may have been a draw today.

…and it could also have been more than just the one goal for Everton. Arsenal facing in-form teams like Watford and Wolves next, as well as the fixtures against Napoli. Could be some decisive weeks for the season now…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

…and it could also have been more than just the one goal for Everton. Arsenal facing in-form teams like Watford and Wolves next, as well as the fixtures against Napoli. Could be some decisive weeks for the season now…

As a United fan I am happy after our recent loss, I still think Chelsea and Spurs will drop points. I am a bit more optimistic about United as our last two games are favourable and top four will likely go to the final day.

As a United fan I am happy after our recent loss, I still think Chelsea and Spurs will drop points. I am a bit more optimistic about United as our last two games are favourable and top four will likely go to the final day.

A lot of decisive matches for all teams for sure. Will be some nail-biting going forward!
    Jiménez with a mask celebration for his 0-2 goal vs Watford. Brilliant performance to score there too.

What a drama! 1-2 in added time, and Watford gets a penalty which Deeney scores!
    Jiménez with a mask celebration for his 0-2 goal vs Watford. Brilliant performance to score there too.

I forgot about the semi final, Jiminez and Jota are quite a partnership they brilliantly link up.

I forgot about the semi final, Jiminez and Jota are quite a partnership they brilliantly link up.

Indeed! What a season they (and the team) are having.

Great goal looks like I am missing a cracking game
    Over the moon with our 4-0 win over QPR yesterday. Needless sending off though but hopefully will not impact on us too much. Keep up the good work boys, only 6 more fixtures to go!!!! OTBC!!!!!!!

It's really entertaining!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Over the moon with our 4-0 win over QPR yesterday. Needless sending off though but hopefully will not impact on us too much. Keep up the good work boys, only 6 more fixtures to go!!!! OTBC!!!!!!!

Looking promising for Norwich now!

I am looking at it as the manager does, we are now guaranteed a top 6 finish! Lol! I dare not celebrate yet until mathematically impossible for the 3rd place team to catch us! I am struggling though to be truthful! Lol!!!

I am looking at it as the manager does, we are now guaranteed a top 6 finish! Lol! I dare not celebrate yet until mathematically impossible for the 3rd place team to catch us! I am struggling though to be truthful! Lol!!!

Guess as long as Teemu Pukki keeps delivering, things will work out fine!

What's Ozil playing at?

What's Ozil playing at?

I think it was aimed at the Everton coaching staff, not Emery.

Absolutely! Things are certainly heading in the right direction for us that is for sure. Next up is Reading at home on Wednesday night.

Absolutely! Things are certainly heading in the right direction for us that is for sure. Next up is Reading at home on Wednesday night.

How many home/away games are there? Would look really good for Norwich if most of them are at home.
    Rosenborg just finished playing another dreadful game, only managing 1-1 at home vs. Odd. If there's a plan to the way Rosenborg have approached this season and the way they play, I can't see it. This is just ridiculous.
    Rosenborg just finished playing another dreadful game, only managing 1-1 at home vs. Odd. If there's a plan to the way Rosenborg have approached this season and the way they play, I can't see it. This is just ridiculous.

As hard as it is Torgeirtrap, keep the faith and hopefully your boys will start to perform soon!

Norwich have 3 home and 3 away games remaining with an 8 point gap to third place.

As hard as it is Torgeirtrap, keep the faith and hopefully your boys will start to perform soon!
    Can only hope! It doesn't look good though. Not at all…
    Norwich have 3 home and 3 away games remaining with an 8 point gap to third place.
    Not bad! Results in those matches could secure promotion.

That is my sincere hope my friend, also if 3rd place Leeds slip up? That makes life even better for us?

That is my sincere hope my friend, also if 3rd place Leeds slip up? That makes life even better for us?

If Leeds slip up that would definitely be a boost for Norwich re. promotion. Totally overshadowed by the Leeds talk in the media, but Sheffield United must be having quite the season too!
    Norwich are live on Wednesday vs Reading....should be an easy 3 points.

If Leeds slip up that would definitely be a boost for Norwich re. promotion. Totally overshadowed by the Leeds talk in the media, but Sheffield United must be having quite the season too!

Yep, it has usually been the case most of this season but I am happy to go about are business quietly and under the radar, bit like Spectre!!! Lol!!!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Norwich are live on Wednesday vs Reading....should be an easy 3 points.

You had to say it didn't ya Barry007!!!! Lol! I take the Farke approach and play my cards very close to my chest until full time.

I will be keeping a very close eye tonight on the Preston v Leeds game for sure.

Yep, it has usually been the case most of this season but I am happy to go about are business quietly and under the radar, bit like Spectre!!! Lol!!!

There's nothing wrong about doing things well, under the radar. Less pressure that way!

There's nothing wrong about doing things well, under the radar. Less pressure that way!

Absolutely! Once they scrutinise you more for being successful, they then interfere with your fixture schedule which does my head in!!

Absolutely! Once they scrutinise you more for being successful, they then interfere with your fixture schedule which does my head in!!

How do they interfere with the fixture schedule?

What tends to happen is the TV companies then look to rearrange fixtures to either the day before or after or the actual kick off time to suit their TV schedules.

What tends to happen is the TV companies then look to rearrange fixtures to either the day before or after or the actual kick off time to suit their TV schedules.

Ah, didn't think of that!