"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Lol deal noel
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Just so we understand each other if Henderson scores the winner you have to pay up?

'The bet is 20 million pounds Mr Red. Do you have the cash?'
    Come you Reds come on.

Funny thing is that Kenny might be be moved up stairs and a certain special one, who is a liverpool fan, may want to come to us. There is no way we're having the godfather at our place, he was bad enough with England.

Come on you Reds, I wonder if DC is going to be at the final. Come on you reds.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Come on you Reds, I wonder if DC is going to be at the final. Come on you reds.

I hope not, he's going to be unhappy when Chelsea win.
    200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

I hope Liverpool win ,it will make us fans very happy after coping a lot of crap from the press and opposing fans this year.
    001 wrote:
    I hope Liverpool win ,it will make us fans very happy after coping a lot of crap from the press and opposing fans this year.

Absabloodyexactly! .

I'm awake like every little boy should be on cup final day :) I'm so excited! Come on you reds!
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,329
    Just so we understand each other if Henderson scores the winner you have to pay up?

'The bet is 20 million pounds Mr Red. Do you have the cash?'

Haha no u pay up if that is the case, he might not even play thou I'm very intrigue as to who will be selected .............

Ahhh yes sorry homies I have a tendency to post two comments when I could really just edit the first one :D in the words of Daniel Craig "lesson learned" :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    20138427.jpg
    Ramires-300x213.png
    drogba.jpg
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Not only was I rooting for Liverpool, I also had money on them. Damn Chelsea...
    :'(
    You should make a drastic change to your squad. Many of your players are not worthy of the Liverpool shirt.
    I'll be quick, I'm not interested in soccer much

Was there some game today, did somebody win a championship or something, well done to the winners anyway etc, hope those involved had a good time and all
    Reina has to go. He should have save the ramirez goal.
    Peter czech would have.
    He's had a terrible season.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,082
    I'll be quick, I'm not interested in soccer much

Was there some game today, did somebody win a championship or something, well done to the winners anyway etc, hope those involved had a good time and all

Chelsea won the FA cup (a knockout cup competition in English football) final against Liverpool, to the dismay of the large number of Liverpool fans here.

Funny that americans call it soccer. In my country (Sweden) the touch down sport is called american football. American football has a very small following here, I've asked some people about the rules of the game but nobody knows them. Still, I learned a little about the sport watching The Simpsons.
    You should make a drastic change to your squad. Many of your players are not worthy of the Liverpool shirt.

Finally 007RogerMoore utters a truth about football.

DCisared - I prefer cash.
    I'm still gutted, I even rang up talksport when I was totally bladdered last night and uttered some s***e before they hastily cut me off lol
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 7,653
    Congratulations Juventus, the new Italian Champion.

Inter beat AC with 4-2 and Juventus just won.
    Atleast Ibra scored another two goals. Now he has scored 28 league goals this year.
    Congratulations Juventus, unbeaten this season (though with the referee's help in the latest match against Milan).
    DCisared wrote:
    I'm still gutted, I even rang up talksport when I was totally bladdered last night and uttered some s***e before they hastily cut me off lol

:)) nice one mate
    Lets console ourselves with the fact that the scum seem to have bottled it, although never underestimate Citys ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Liverpool - Chelsea 4-1 :-))

Better late than never. Now Chelsea have to win from Bayern Munchen in their own stadium in order to obtain a place in next years Champions league.
    For those that are interested here's liverpools new kit for the 12/13 season I personally think its the dogs b******s :)
  • DCisared wrote:
    For those that are interested here's liverpools new kit for the 12/13 season I personally think its the dogs b******s :)

Yes! The return of the classic logo...let's hope its the return of the classic football :(
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Anyone else catch Man City-QPR.

WHAT A FINISH!

Man City scores two goals in extra time to come from behind to beat QPR and win the Premiership Championship.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    As a Man Utd fan, I'm absolutely devastated.. So close.. And to have Man City win it by scoring 2 goals in the last few minutes of the game and then win the title by goal difference is just heart breaking.... Aargh!!!
    "AguerOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" :D
  • RC7RC7
    imranbecks wrote:
    As a Man Utd fan, I'm absolutely devastated.. So close

These kind of things are always difficult to take. But, you take the rough with the smooth. We'll be magnanimous in defeat and we'll come back stronger. At the end of the day, we took one of the most expensive team's in world football to the final day and lost it on goal difference. All that with, if we're being honest, an average Utd side.

We'll be back. We're UNITED.

RC7 wrote:
    imranbecks wrote:
    As a Man Utd fan, I'm absolutely devastated.. So close

These kind of things are always difficult to take. But, you take the rough with the smooth. We'll be magnanimous in defeat and we'll come back stronger. At the end of the day, we took one of the most expensive team's in world football to the final day and lost it on goal difference. All that with, if we're being honest, an average Utd side.

We'll be back. We're UNITED.

Totally agree and also as a fellow Utd fan I have seen us win so much and many trophies won dramatically, so can't complain, that what makes the sport so exciting and unpredictable. Bring on next season! We'll be back no doubt, we're UNITED!
    Match of the day is a must tonight!!!! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Match of the day is a must tonight!!!! :-bd

Match Of The Day is always a must!